Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    So if I’m based in Ireland and ... in theory ... had my VPN switched on to India (say) then I could watch the Sky blacked out game???

Or you might get lucky and not have the game blacked out in the first place. I wasn’t a subscriber last season but some who were have said earlier in this thread that they weren’t blacked out at all.

But if you are, in theory what you are saying is correct but some broadcasters are making it tougher for VPNs to get around, BBC for example but considering the NFL let you pay a discounted price by ‘changing country’, I doubt they’d be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

So if I’m based in Ireland and ... in theory ... had my VPN switched on to India (say) then I could watch the Sky blacked out game???
    Don't remember a single game last year that was blacked out (or the year before I'm sure)
    Weather Irish IP's just got away with it I'm not sure.

Technically any IP out side Ireland or UK should work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

boccy23 wrote: »
    Anyone get Gamepass working on a Samsung TV?

Yeah, though not used it much so dunno how buggy etc it might be. Got it up and running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Don't remember a single game last year that was blacked out (or the year before I'm sure)
    Weather Irish IP's just got away with it I'm not sure.

Technically any IP out side Ireland or UK should work.
    Yeah I had no games blacked out either the last two years and maybe you've worked it out but I don't know why or what happened but if they are blacked out this year then we got a good run.

All of the final preseason games bar the 3am game have a condensed version up by 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    boccy23 wrote: »
    Anyone get Gamepass working on a Samsung TV?

Yeah, working fine on the Samsung app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

BaronVon wrote: »
    Yeah, working fine on the Samsung app

Thanks. Will sign up for the 7 day trial and test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    All you can do is pause it atm, but apparently they are working to introduce more controls!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

Back working again on LG TV last night. Looks like it got an update, even though I didn't upgrade it. Says 2.3.1 when loading now instead of 2.2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Any way to get GamePass working on the nvidia shield?

• Advertisement

Lads, for those who did have blackouts on game pass the last two years what way did it happen ? I know how the old app did it the game was well darkened on the list of games but how is it done on the new set up ?

The Americas game episode for the 2108 New England patriots was up on gamepass this morning along with the do your job part 3 which is about bill belichick.

Just remember if you don't like the NFL Network pre-game show (and I don't), from 5pm you can watch the pre-game show of the broadcaster (Fox or CBS) that is showing the individual games.

Just remember if you don't like the NFL Network pre-game show (and I don't), from 5pm you can watch the pre-game show of the broadcaster (Fox or CBS) that is showing the individual games.

And jack just a question is the Browns vs titans game watchable for you atm ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And jack just a question is the Browns vs titans game watchable for you atm ?

Yeah, there's ads on at the moment but the feed is there alright

Yeah, there's ads on at the moment but the feed is there alright

No blackout it seems. I’m able or watch this game

No blackout it seems.

Haha.

Cowboys Giants not blacked out either

Cowboys Giants not blacked out either

Bants Jack. Utter bants. How was game pass for you on the redskins and eagles game ? I had one picture break up at the very start.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bants Jack. Utter bants. How was game pass for you on the redskins and eagles game ? I had one picture break up at the very start.

GamePass was acting funny in the first half as it was showing a competent Redskins team.

Seriously though, I had no issues. Perfect quality from start to finish. Watching on an Apple TV if that helps.

Pats/Steelers there at 6:30 this morning when I checked too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be blackouts this year. I found it was the case with the early and late afternoon games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

The Samsung TV app works perfectly. All condensed games and highlights were there this morning.

A great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭boccy23

D9Male wrote: »
    The Samsung TV app works perfectly. All condensed games and highlights were there this morning.

A great start.

Only point I find is that I cannot fast forward. Has this changed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

D9Male wrote: »

A great start.

The LG tv app worked great too. I watched Redzone with no issues live last night on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Watching the Seahawks game the yellow first down line was missing for most of the game...I'm not blaming the app but unless I was imagining it it wasn't present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Trying to watch a condensed game from last night and it plays on my phone, but the cast icon isn't there so can't cast to the TV (I was able to cast the Redzone last night). Nothing is playing at all on the PC and there were issues with the Firestick last night! Not a great start all round, they better get this sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Vudgie wrote: »
    Watching the Seahawks game the yellow first down line was missing for most of the game...I'm not blaming the app but unless I was imagining it it wasn't present.

That was CBS fault not gamepass, it appeared in the fourth quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Watched the Ravens game on the xbox last night and it was flawless throughout. Thats with a wired connection. My laptop was a different story, watching redzone on that but I had to refresh the page on safari constantly as it kept hanging and wouldn't restart playing without a refresh. Very annoying as my wifi is the virgin media 500 mbps and is perfect for everything else. Will see how it goes next weekend but not a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is the LG tv app constantly buffering for anyone else?

• Advertisement

First time watching a game on one device and red zone on another and pleasantly surprised that they are pretty much in sync so you’re not seeing something on one screen ahead of the other.

Advertisement