Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Bianca Williams (UK Athlete) claims abuse and racial profiling because she was stopped and arreseted.

To me it looks like she just got ridiculously hysterical. How else do they expect the police to act?

2u2me wrote: »
    Bianca Williams (UK Athlete) claims abuse and racial profiling because she was stopped and arreseted.

To me it looks like she just got ridiculously hysterical. How else do they expect the police to act?

Seems like the police were lovely to her... they explained exactly what was going on, and didn't get annoyed with her.

I suspect we'll be hearing claims of racism a lot more now, regardless of the circumstances.

Seems like the police were lovely to her... they explained exactly what was going on, and didn't get annoyed with her.

I suspect we'll be hearing claims of racism a lot more now, regardless of the circumstances.

This will go down as another racist incident for sure by the BLM faithful.

The police say they where driving dangerously on the wrong side of the road and then refused to step out of the car when asked to do so. They say they have no objections to what transpired after reviewing the body cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

A lack of respect for the police and talking back will get you nowhere, just be polite and if there is an issue make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The likes of Bernie Sanders and AOC believe corporations should be replaced by worker owned coops. This is pretty left. Paul Murphy level left IMHO.

Bernie Sanders got screwed by the DNC. Not once, but TWICE in the space of 4 years.

They chose Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden over him.

That says all you need to know about how "left" the Democratic Party is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's funny the amount of times I've seen people called 'right', 'far-right', 'alt-right' across these boards because of things like censorship, immigration, abortion, men's rights, Trump you've never been there to so quickly to correct them like you do with the term 'left'. If you did that I'd have a bit more respect for your position.

How do you know what or who I've been critical of Mr Feb 2020.

Both are thoughtless and silly.

The biggest screamers on here, though, are the ones erroneously bleating about "the left" in every thread they go onto, whether it's games, music, films, books, Amazon, Twitter or politics.

It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Apparently the car these two athletes were in had tinted windows. It also seems that they refused to stop when requested and drove a few roads to their home .

If that scenario is not suspicious behaviour,I don't know what constitutes suspicious behaviour.

How on earth can a cop know they have pulled up outside their own home?

Especially after they have followed a car with tinted windows that refused to pull in when requested?

Jesus wept!

There is a bang of celebrity Black people trying to edge their way into genuine ordinary Black issue's here.

I hope they get found out on this one. For the sake of genuine Black disenfranchisement.

Tony EH wrote: »
    They chose Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden over him.[Sanders]

The DNC did yeah, but if it were put to the people surely Bernie would have won.

AOC swept her recent primary in NY against the establishment democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A lack of respect for the police and talking back will get you nowhere, just be polite and if there is an issue make a complaint.
    That is what most POC do though! They are literally taught by their parents and loved ones that they have to give the police no grounds to kill them. And it still happens anyway. You can't defend a kid in a park with orange toy gun being shot to death. You can't defend what happened to George Floyd. You can't defend an autistic kid walking down the street minding his own business being strangled to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    T They are literally taught by their parents and loved ones that they have to give the police no grounds to kill them.

Nonsense. This was London where by far the biggest chance of being killed is by black gangs. Just as it is for black people in America.

Driving down the wrong side of the fkn road and thinks she's Rosa Parks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Nonsense. This was London where by far the biggest chance of being killed is by black gangs. Just as it is for black people in America.

Driving down the wrong side of the fkn road and thinks she's Rosa Parks :)
    Yeah, they are literally thought to be as kind to police as they can be, especially in the US. Oh, here comes the black on black crime thing again. Its also the same for white people. White people are killed overwhelming by other white people. Still doesn't change the fact you are twice as likely to be killed as a black person than a white person by police in the US despite black people being 15% of the population.

Okay, but if that's the case why not just arrest the driver? Why arrest both in front?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

AOC swept her recent primary in NY against the establishment democrat.

In an extremely liberal district. Lets see if someone like AOC can win a purple state.

Andrew Gillum ran significantly to the left in the Florida gubernatorial election in 2018 when the democrats were running at +9 points nationwide, and even with those incredibly strong headwinds he still managed to lose to Ron DeSantis.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    the black on black crime thing again ...... the fact you are twice as likely to be killed as a black person than a white person by police in the US despite black people being 15% of the population.

300 unarmed black people killed by cops between 2013 and 2019.

Over same period over 20,000 black people murdered. Over 90% by other black people. Its more than just a "thing."

In UK 25% of prison population is black or Asian (mostly black, don't know why they lumped Asians in, maybe to take bad look off it!)

14% of population is from same cohort. Over half of young offenders are black or Asian.

Similar disparity in States. So you will claim they are all stiched up innit?

Like poor Mark Duggan :)

Can you imagine a week of rioting in Ballyfermot of the guards here killed an armed member of the major feud gang, on his way to another hit? Or that the Dublin Central TDs would be inciting this? (Okay maybe one leftie would lose the plot :)

Why are scum like these heroes for the left? The Duggans, Floyds and so on?

You would think plod were taking out thousands of people on their way to work or church or football games. Total cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

joe40 wrote: »
    That's bollocks lad.
    I don't want to derail this thread with personal stuff, but if you're going to accuse me of racist posts the least you could do is show an example.

I have never made a genaralised statement about a particular race. I'm a white male why would I be disparaging against Whites. That's just nonsense.

Talking about a particular society is not the same thing.

I remember those posts and I was very careful to make that distinction.

If the good people of boards want to go back to about page 45 or 46 of this thread and work their way forwards they can make up their own minds if you made racist comments. There are pages and pages there of people pointing out the racism in your posts.

What people will read there, if they are bothered to scroll through, are racist comments made by you and then about 20 pages of you trying to erase the fact with a lot of people getting sick of pointing out to you why they are racist and you sticking your fingers in your ears. So continue as you are and dont bother taking on board criticism of your racist posts if you like. The whole sorry saga is there for anyone to read if they want to trawl through your posts and the responses to them.
    I give up at this stage. Just dont run for office or get famous in the future or you will be issuing desperate apologies for those posts then. Clearly at this stage you dont want to learn from peoples input about those posts you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

JimmyVik wrote: »
    If the good people of boards want to go back to about page 45 or 46 of this thread and work their way forwards they can make up their own minds if you made racist comments. There are pages and pages there of people pointing out the racism in your posts.

What people will read there, if they are bothered to scroll through, are racist comments made by you and then about 20 pages of you trying to erase the fact with a lot of people getting sick of pointing out to you why they are racist and you sticking your fingers in your ears. So continue as you are and dont bother taking on board criticism of your racist posts if you like. The whole sorry saga is there for anyone to read if they want to trawl through your posts and the responses to them.
    I give up at this stage. Just dont run for office or get famous in the future or you will be issuing desperate apologies for those posts then. Clearly at this stage you dont want to learn from peoples input about those posts you made.

So you can accuse me of making "racist comments" (your words) but you won't quote the post. I see..

The irony is plenty of people on this site complain (rightly in my opinion) about the word racist been bandied about too easily as a means of shutting down debate. That's exactly what you're doing.

My comments were innocuous, and I welcomed debate about the issue. I have no problem with people disagreeing, that's the point of debate. But I do not accept my comments were racist.

So you and a few other like minded people can "point out" all you want, I'm too old to be lectured at about racism.

I really don't want to get mods involved or continue this nonsense any more but this racism crap must stop.

So you can accuse me of making "racist comments" (your words) but you won't quote the post. I see..

The irony is plenty of people on this site complain (rightly in my opinion) about the word racist been bandied about too easily as a means of shutting down debate. That's exactly what you're doing.

My comments were innocuous, and I welcomed debate about the issue. I have no problem with people disagreeing, that's the point of debate. But I do not accept my comments were racist.

So you and a few other like minded people can "point out" all you want, I'm too old to be lectured at about racism.

I really don't want to get mods involved or continue this nonsense any more but this racism crap must stop.

Ah, I give up. Many people pointed it out to you at the time. And you just keep coming up with the same sh1t. I told you roughly the pages its on. Many people actually quoted your post.
    You are just doing this to obscure the issue.
    You will keep doing it until eventually, your post is too far back to find.
    We all see what you are doing.

Question for you. How many different people on this thread have told you that you have posted a racist post? Would it be about 10? More?
    And you continue to play the game of "tell me what I posted". No I wont repeat it for you. You are well aware of it and are just playing a game now.

And feel free to get the mods involved since you mention them. Send them the posts that people quoted to you that were racist. Ask them for an adjudication. There is no way in hell that those posts were not racist posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's very easy for people on the left to throw around vague accusations that sound bad.

When asked for evidence or reasoning however, it is oft lacking, as it seems here.

Ah, I give up. Many people pointed it out to you at the time. And you just keep coming up with the same sh1t. I told you roughly the pages its on. Many people actually quoted your post.
    You are just doing this to obscure the issue.
    You will keep doing it until eventually, your post is too far back to find.
    We all see what you are doing.

Question for you. How many different people on this thread have told you that you have posted a racist post? Would it be about 10? More?
    And you continue to play the game of "tell me what I posted". No I wont repeat it for you. You are well aware of it and are just playing a game now.

And feel free to get the mods involved since you mention them. Send them the posts that people quoted to you that were racist. Ask them for an adjudication. There is no way in hell that those posts were not racist posts.

I have reported this post to the mods. I'm on a phone so I can't find the exact racist post you're talking about. Maybe you could send it to them for adjudication if you're so sure it's racist, racist enough to damage me if I were in public life.
    Otherwise lay off this nonsense.

It's a distraction and unfair to other posters.

I have reported this post to the mods. I'm on a phone so I can't find the exact racist post you're talking about. Maybe you could send it to them for adjudication if you're so sure it's racist, racist enough to damage me if I were in public life.
    Otherwise lay off this nonsense.

It's a distraction and unfair to other posters.

Well played sir.
    I just got a warning for calling out racism and I can go no further now with it.
    Pity you couldnt send the post, because now I cant even send the post which i (and I am not alone) found racist and offensive to the mods without getting banned. So I guess you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,257 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Chill and listen to some music :D

Elvis matters.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

Well played sir.
    I just got a warning for calling out racism and I can go no further now with it.
    Pity you couldnt send the post, because now I cant even send the post which i (and I am not alone) found racist and offensive to the mods without getting banned. So I guess you win.

This has restored my faith in the mods again.

Chill and listen to some music :D

Elvis matters.

Elvis was a cultural appropriater.

A wrong 'un :(

There is quite a debate about this in fact!

Sad really, but there you go. Such is the world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

oyvey wrote: »
    This has restored my faith in the mods again.

Why? It only goes one way. Progressives have been screaming racism on here since the sites inception and nothing happens to them.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Why? It only goes one way. Progressives have been screaming racism on here since the sites inception and nothing happens to them.
    That's because some on that side have a different interpretation of the word racism compared to the dictionary.

Well played sir.

If you genuinely can't find the post or send the post to the mods, I will. I have no problem with the mods looking at it to give their opinion as to whether it constituted racism or not. I would value their input.
    I'm on a phone now and for some reason it doesn't give my full post history. I'll try on a computer later.

I'm sorry it came to this. I have never had the need to report a poster before this, but do you seriously think anyone will listen to repeated accusations of posting racist comments (Racist to the point of negatively influencing potential public life) and do nothing.

The option to report the post you found offensive was available I actually asked you to do so earlier, but now somehow it's my fault you can't report it.

ffs, will you two just drop it?

Absolutely I have no desire to discuss this any further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

This childish stuff ruins threads crying out for mods and stuff... ridiculous.. it was a good discussion but it started to get silly , lot of tit for tat going on.

TomTomTim wrote: »

Yep they have especially in the Trump thread and the Gemma thread. If this was one of those threads; Jimmyvik's post would have had about 20 'thanks'. It's nice to see that the non-progressives in this thread aren't bullies like over in those places.

Let's not stoop to their level; and show them up for the authoritarians that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I think this adds to the cancer that BLM has created. This makes a mockery of George flyods murder and carry on like this only serves to misappropriate societal issues in another country for their own gain. The guards are being extremely gentle with this lad. He's saying he can't breathe but yet continues to yelp and move around. In no way, shape or form are the guards forcing them into submission which would cause them to be out of breath. The guards knee is on his arse, he's still able to talk through it. Of course the running commentary is for show, accompanied by the laughter in the background.

https://twitter.com/Eire_Patrician/status/1280655034221572097

Advertisement