Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I presume the wave of support for Black Lives Matter will mean a fervent social media and public support campaign for Traveller Pride week this week?

I would think those in the LGBTQI+ community who are also part of the Traveller Community are prime candidates for discrimination and inequality.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Adam9213

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    That's racial profiling which is racist. The level of ignorance in that post is baffling

How is it racial profiling? It's the same as a young person walking around ballymun in a tracksuit getting pulled over because they look like scumbags.

biko wrote: »
    White female BLM protester flipping off black cop. Why? No-one knows.

Because any negative reactions by the police justifies the actions of those associated with BLM. If they can get the police to overreact....

As for the officer being black, it's ignored because he represents the overall force. At least, I haven't heard any difference in opinions about police racism when it's committed by a POC police officer or a white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolutely Trump is right not to pay for the damage caused by the "peaceful" protests.

The woman above being shot is another example of the type of thugs some of these BLM supporters are.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All lives matter. All, black, white, blue.

There was a load of headbangers led by celebrities who bailed out the rioters as the cops were arresting them, allowing them back out on the streets to reek more havoc and damage....let those idiots fund the shortfall...a lot of vital services will have to be cut back as a result of what happened.

That is before the cost of the lost tax revenues kicks in next year when businesses close or move....

Is there anything more damaging to society than "empowered" morons?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Adam9213 wrote: »
    How is it racial profiling? It's the same as a young person walking around ballymun in a tracksuit getting pulled over because they look like scumbags.
    Yeah, cause that happens all the time in Ballymun. It actually doesn't. America and the UK definitely have issues with stop and searches that disproportionately affect black citizens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolutely Trump is right not to pay for the damage caused by the "peaceful" protests.
    Do you also think states that had the armed anti-lockdown "liberation" protests Trump called for should be denied covid relief funds also? If they adhered to stay at home and lockdown measures in place during that time things wouldn't be near as bad (or costly) as they are in the US now.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Yeah, cause that happens all the time in Ballymun. It actually doesn't. America and the UK definitely have issues with stop and searches that disproportionately affect black citizens

You mean young people don't get stopped and searched in ballymun or what are you talking about?

It probably disproportionately effects black citizens because black areas have the most crime and the biggest problems with gang violence that's just facts it doesn't mean it's racial profiling.

You mean young people don't get stopped and searched in ballymun or what are you talking about?

It probably disproportionately effects black citizens because black areas have the most crime and the biggest problems with gang violence that's just facts it doesn't mean it's racial profiling.

I lived in a rough part of Chicago before, mainly made up of black and Hispanic people. I never once got pulled over, searched, or questioned by police, despite seeing that happening multiple times a day. We even had the police get called to a house party that went out of control and resulted in a fight, 5 or 6 squad cars showed up and chatted away with me about their trips to the guinness storehouse etc while there was a clear smell of weed coming from the house. There were two black cops among them and they did not look impressed.

A friend of mine, Hispanic fella, did get arrested twice within a month for drunk and disorderly though. Which was funny since he's a teetotaller. If you're wondering, one was trying to talk to a cop about an ongoing incident he was witness to, the other occurred was when he was sitting on a corner stoop, smoking a cigarette and waiting on the rest of us for a game of football.

Poor areas get discriminated against more than rich ones of course, but minorities get discriminated against more so within those areas, and in rich ones too a fair bit if they're not "known".

I lived in a rough part of Chicago before, mainly made up of black and Hispanic people. I never once got pulled over, searched, or questioned by police, despite seeing that happening multiple times a day. We even had the police get called to a house party that went out of control and resulted in a fight, 5 or 6 squad cars showed up and chatted away with me about their trips to the guinness storehouse etc while there was a clear smell of weed coming from the house. There were two black cops among them and they did not look impressed.

A friend of mine, Hispanic fella, did get arrested twice within a month for drunk and disorderly though. Which was funny since he's a teetotaller. If you're wondering, one was trying to talk to a cop about an ongoing incident he was witness to, the other occurred was when he was sitting on a corner stoop, smoking a cigarette and waiting on the rest of us for a game of football.

Poor areas get discriminated against more than rich ones of course, but minorities get discriminated against more so within those areas, and in rich ones too a fair bit if they're not "known".

I used to live in Chicago too and I lived in a black area and I got stopped constantly probably more than most of the black residents because of the way I carried myself.

I can't deal with anymore bull anecdotal stories from people trying to make their point more relevant (😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I lived in a rough part of Chicago before, mainly made up of black and Hispanic people. .

Chicago, actually a part of south Chicago about the same size as Dublin between the canals is averaging around 4 murders a day!

Apart from not getting the fk out - do you think perhaps the cops might have a point IF they bothered there ar$e in trying to stop it by stopping likely suspects?

Chicago PD is probably the worst city police department in America, in a city run from top to bottom by the Democrats who boast about having a gay mayor while mayhem is visited on the decent black community.

I'm from working class Dublin and the more scum they stop - and yes you can tell in a high proportion by appearance apart from fact that cops will know them anyway - the better. I'd imagine that is overwhelming attitude of people who live in working class estates. They don't regard it as "proletarian profiling." :)

• Advertisement

I used to live in Chicago too and I lived in a black area and I got stopped constantly probably more than most of the black residents because of the way I carried myself.

I can't deal with anymore bull anecdotal stories from people trying to make their point more relevant (😂)
    You seem a little irritated that my own experience didn't match up with what you had told yourself it was all down to.

You mightn't be happy about this either, as Chicagos own government has for years been releasing reports about the systemic racism issues in its own police department.

Poor areas are discriminated against, but so are minorities - minorities in poor areas are discriminated against most of all.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Chicago, actually a part of south Chicago about the same size as Dublin between the canals is averaging around 4 murders a day!

Apart from not getting the fk out - do you think perhaps the cops might have a point IF they bothered there ar$e in trying to stop it by stopping likely suspects?

I'm from working class Dublin and the more scum they stop - and yes you can tell in a high proportion by appearance apart from fact that cops will know them anyway - the better. I'd imagine that is overwhelming attitude of people who live in working class estates. They don't regard it as "proletarian profiling." :)
    Perhaps the US and their police forces should look at emulating and reproducing the results of countries with lower crime rates and better quality of living, don't you think?

Perhaps the US and their police forces should look at emulating and reproducing the results of countries with lower crime rates and better quality of living, don't you think?

No. They should do what they are elected to do and protect the mostly black community that has been abandoned to gangs. Social improvement is not going to happen until the gangs are taken on.

New York did that and saved itself from destruction in the 1990s. On way down again thanks to de Blasio and the Ocasios.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Jessica Doty Whitaker, a 24 year old mother of one, shot dead by BLM for telling them All Lives Matter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8515507/Young-mother-24-shot-dead-fianc-saying-lives-matter.html

Happened on July 5th. Barely reported at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Convicted terrorist Susan Rosenberg, sits on the Board of Directors and is vice-chair for the fundraising arm of Black Lives Matter; Thousand Currents. She was charged for her role in the 1983 bombing of the United States Capitol Building, the U.S. Naval War College and the New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Assoc
    . Convicted for explosives and weapons possession in 1985, she was sentenced to 58 years in prison. Her sentence was commuted by Bill Clinton. This is what's associated with the BLM movement

Ec0e24FUMAsaur7?format=jpg&name=small
    img

Convicted terrorist Susan Rosenberg, sits on the Board of Directors and is vice-chair for the fundraising arm of Black Lives Matter; Thousand Currents. She was charged for her role in the 1983 bombing of the United States Capitol Building, the U.S. Naval War College and the New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Assoc
    . Convicted for explosives and weapons possession in 1985, she was sentenced to 58 years in prison. Her sentence was commuted by Bill Clinton. This is what's associated with the BLM movement

Ec0e24FUMAsaur7?format=jpg&name=small
    img

Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers - founders of the Weather Underground in 1969 and the antecedents of white antifa - were part of Obama's election team in Chicago.

Is she even black!

Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers - founders of the Weather Underground in 1969 and the antecedents of white antifa - were part of Obama's election team in Chicago.

Is she even black!

I don't think there are even black people in BLM anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ingalway wrote: »
    Jessica Doty Whitaker, a 24 year old mother of one, shot dead by BLM for telling them All Lives Matter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8515507/Young-mother-24-shot-dead-fianc-saying-lives-matter.html

And for using the N word and for drawing guns upon the group during the same altercation.

Still terrible she died, still terrible that she was waited for. However, to say it was just cause she said AllLivesMatter is just fiction. Also, it has been covered pretty extensively by media.

No. They should do what they are elected to do and protect the mostly black community that has been abandoned to gangs. Social improvement is not going to happen until the gangs are taken on.

New York did that and saved itself from destruction in the 1990s. On way down again thanks to de Blasio and the Ocasios.
    1. People do not get elected to be police officers, where did you get that idea?

2. Almost all cities in all countries have gangs, why is it that gangs have not overtaken cities across the western world like a cheesy 1980s action movie yet? How is it that so many of these cities and countries are so much safer than US cities? How are their citizens so much better protected than in the US? If the police are to protect their communities, then why should they not be looking at others who are succeeding in doing exactly that?

3. Broken windows proved not to be the main driver of crime decreases, which had far more to do with improved economic outlook and services in new York and the US in general. Only some cities used the practice, but crien plumetted nationwide.

4. Broken windows has been further proven to not work, as crime rates have continued to drop since they got rid of it in 2015 - the three years after were the lowest in record for murder, violent crime, burglary, aggravated assault, theft, vehicle theft and property crime. I don't have all the numbers for 2019, but the rise in murders you refer to still saw the total number being lower than any year broken windows was in effect.

5. Will you be crediting Bill di Blasio with these lower numbers, and with protecting his NY community from crime better than anyone did under the broken windows regime? You can throw in Cortes if you want for whatever reason, though she only came along after the policy was gone.

6. Broken windows theory is also based on a 1982 article that purposefully cherry picking a line from and misrepresented the study it was using for its argument of "leave one broken window in a building unfixed and soon they'll all be broken." Yet the 1969 study it was referencing found that the main drivers for increases were not broken windows, but a lack of social equality and opportunity: “Conditions that create social inequality and put some people outside of the conventional reward structure of the society make them indifferent to its sanctions, laws, and implicit norms.” Which is funny because...

7. Elements of broken windows have also been ruled unconstitutional by judges because they are racially discriminatory (read: not equality) which is why stop and frisk basically isn't a thing anymore in NY. They basically exacerbate the problems that the study which broken windows was founded upon warned about.

8. Of course in a country with as thriving an industry as the US private prison system (paid per inmate, and all that basically free labour) has been, an incarceration rate over 5x that of Europe or its far safer neighbour to the north Canada, there certainly have been quite a number of benefits for those involved.

9. The Wire made made a point of mocking 'broken windows' repeatedly for a reason ("the western division way!"). If you watched Herc and Colicchio in action and thought to yourself "man, these guys just f*cking GET IT!!" well that one's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ingalway wrote: »

It was gang warfare.
    confrontation ensued between the two sets of strangers
    Ramirez said both groups brandished guns at each other, but eventually talked through the issues, fist bumped and walked away from each other.
    He admits that he opened fire back at the suspects, but said it was 'just a reaction.'

'I didn't see nobody. I didn't hopefully I didn't hit nobody.'

• Advertisement

1. People do not get elected to be police officers, where did you get that idea?

:rolleyes:

I was referring to the politicians - almost invariably liberal Democrats in the worst cities - who appoint police chiefs and determine policy.

Aggressive policing turned NY around not Pollyanna aspirations for a better world. When de Blasio shackled NYPD, it took a few years for the scum to realise they could return to old ways and that has now been exacerbated by a capitulation to BLM and imbeciles like Ocasio.

Chicago is on course to have 1500 murders this year - 95% of them in a relatively small part of the city and of black people killed by other black people.

I admire your attempts to place the blame on all sorts of things apart from the people responsible for the murders. The Chicago city council is responsible through incompetence and politically inspired policies seeking not to offend anyone. Ultimate responsibility always rests however with the person who commits the murder, of which there were another 13 over the weekend and there will be more tonight.

Not sure what the full story is there, but the stroll by the canal at 3am with a gun in hand on a Sunday night that led to the altercation, with a 3 year old back at home, certainly has to raise a few eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Is anyone else living in fear of our precious Minstrels being taken away?

EF2cCKa.png

I think I'll start stashing up

:rolleyes:

I was referring to the politicians - almost invariably liberal Democrats in the worst cities - who appoint police chiefs and determine policy.

Aggressive policing turned NY around not Pollyanna aspirations for a better world. When de Blasio shackled NYPD, it took a few years for the scum to realise they could return to old ways and that has now been exacerbated by a capitulation to BLM and imbeciles like Ocasio.

Chicago is on course to have 1500 murders this year - 95% of them in a relatively small part of the city and of black people killed by other black people.

I admire your attempts to place the blame on all sorts of things apart from the people responsible for the murders. The Chicago city council is responsible through incompetence and politically inspired policies seeking not to offend anyone. Ultimate responsibility always rests however with the person who commits the murder, of which there were another 13 over the weekend and there will be more tonight.
    It's not my effort - its the effort of the study that the flawed broken windows policy was founded upon. I can't help but notice you completely avoided engaging any of that, as did the people who brought about broken windows on the back of misrepresentation an old study. And since broken windows has been removed, crime rates have continued to fall from what they were during it.

When broken windows was removed, every minority person in poor areas would have been aware pretty much instantly. It was the bame of their existence growing up and was still being used more than ever around that time. Don't kid yourself that it somehow took them literally years to realise something right in front of their very eyes, what would have been discussed around their neighbourhoods, and all over the news.

Chicago also liked to use "heavy duty" policing and did tonnes of stopping and frisking, and as you point out it has had some serious crime issues in more recent times. Almost as if those methods, certainly in isolation, do not work. In fact, once they heavily reduced much of this approach, crimes have been going down - homicide by a full 35% in just three years. It seems less Judge Dredd mindset officers who view the public as potential, targets and the enemy able to do as they please actually has a positive benefit.

And as for Blasio being elected, we'll new York did in 2017 Blasio won the democratic mayor primaries by 14% and was reelected with a landslide 73% in the general.

You keep cheering on Colicchio and Herc if you like, but it's not going to get the results you seem to want.

New York had 2,262 murders in 1990.

That fell to 292 in 2017 after years of proactive policing. So you could argue that 59,000 murders were prevented by the policies you sneer at.

There has been significant increase this year on back of anarchy being promoted by Democrat extremists through BLM.

NYPD's most recent response was to stand down 600 plain clothes detectives!

But don't take my word for it:

nypost.com/2020/06/15/murder-is-rising-but-new-york-doesnt-seem-to-care/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

BLM has been raiding the public facebook of Jessica Whitaker, the white woman that they murdered in Indiana.
    They are celebrating her death and mocking her family members.

Ec1VPTLWsAMSzNS?format=jpg&name=small
    Ec1VPTQXoAANKyA?format=jpg&name=small

twitter.com/de_dust2Blepe/status/1282775224807829505

They are scum. Carfacemandog is on same thing here - taking a break from the laughable creche that is the thread on Trump. As are certain other chaps it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,638 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BLM has been raiding the public facebook of Jessica Whitaker, the white woman that they murdered in Indiana.

Absolute and utter scum.

All lives matter, except for theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Ec1VPTLWsAMSzNS?format=jpg&name=small
    Ec1VPTQXoAANKyA?format=jpg&name=small

"Maybe she should have thought about her son before she opened her racist f@*%king mouth" never thought we'd get to the point where murder was deemed acceptable and expressed so openly by the people who are protesting because of ... *checks notes* murder

• Advertisement

Not sure what the full story is there, but the stroll by the canal at 3am with a gun in hand on a Sunday night that led to the altercation, with a 3 year old back at home, certainly has to raise a few eyebrows.

Yes, of a small-minded person. Are mothers not entitled to have any resemblance of life when they have a child? You are nitpicking as usual, the above looks desperate, sensational revisionism. Which says more about you, attempting to justify the actions of the murdering sub-human cretins that murdered her, as if she was asking for it and that it was her fault.

Advertisement