Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain this summer (MOD WARNING IN POST 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    We’re leaving on 24th for 3 weeks and the plan is Bilbao, Gernika, Pamplona, Zaragoza, and we were supposed to be exploring the Costa Brava via Barcelona then heading north along the coast but I’m a bit uncertain now as it starts to get busier. We’ve a campsite near Pals booked for the guts of a week but we’ll play it by ear.
    We travelled west of Santander last July/ Aug and loved how relatively quiet the likes of the Picos were. Definitely keen to avoid the hoards this year even more than usual.
    Those are great spots, too.
    Was in Santander one July and there were only Spanish tourists. It seems that the Irish and British get off the ferry and then drive off straight away.

And it has a lot to offer.
    Same can be said for the Basque Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Gael23 wrote: »
    Masks are mandatory at all times in Spain which would put me off

No they're not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

otnomart wrote: »
    Oh I have been to the Picos, beautiful part of the world !
    Stayed in the lovely Parador at Cangas de Onis, close to Covadonga.

Been up to Covadonga a couple of times and as far as I remember I passed through Cangis de Onis once on the way back. Is it the town with the amazing bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

RoryMac wrote: »
    No they're not

They are and there are on the spot fines for not wearing them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Been up to Covadonga a couple of times and as far as I remember I passed through Cangis de Onis once on the way back. Is it the town with the amazing bridge?
    Yes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

casio4 wrote: »

They are mandatory in shops + public areas where social distancing cannot be maintained. Otherwise you don’t have to wear one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

So what you’re saying is you don’t wear a mask in Ireland so why would you wear a mask in Spain yeah? :rolleyes:

Masks are only mandatory in areas where social distancing isn’t possible. Which includes indoor areas. Masks are not necessary while eating or drinking. You must however carry a mask on you at all times even if you are in an area where it’s not required to wear on.

Mask wearing in Spain is one of the reasons why they conquered the virus from outrageous numbers to what they are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

faceman wrote: »
    So what you’re saying is you don’t wear a mask in Ireland so why would you wear a mask in Spain yeah? :rolleyes:

Masks are only mandatory in areas where social distancing isn’t possible. Which includes indoor areas. Masks are not necessary while eating or drinking. You must however carry a mask on you at all times even if you are in an area where it’s not required to wear on.

Mask wearing in Spain is one of the reasons why they conquered the virus from outrageous numbers to what they are today.
    I do wear a mask on public transport or in supermarkets where it’s busy but I don’t wear one every time I leave my house no

I do wear a mask on public transport or in supermarkets where it’s busy but I don’t wear one every time I leave my house no

Just like Spain so except there they’re mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

casio4 wrote: »
    masks mandatory in shops and shopping centres. Not mandatory if 1.5 metre distance can be kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    We’re leaving on 24th for 3 weeks and the plan is Bilbao, Gernika, Pamplona, Zaragoza, and we were supposed to be exploring the Costa Brava via Barcelona then heading north along the coast but I’m a bit uncertain now as it starts to get busier. We’ve a campsite near Pals booked for the guts of a week but we’ll play it by ear.
    We travelled west of Santander last July/ Aug and loved how relatively quiet the likes of the Picos were. Definitely keen to avoid the hoards this year even more than usual.

Would love to visit those places you listed in Basque country and Navarre. A lot of my students say San Sebastián is great also. For me I would love to visit Asturias sometime, there is a park where only 20 visitors are left in at a time with a guide and is home to bears, wolves, deers,boars and the eh Kerry slug. Spain is a great country for holidays, it's just a shame that the majority of irish people stick to some resort and miss out on so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

bladespin wrote: »
    Just like Spain so except there they’re mandatory.

I take it they are mandatory for sightseeing landmarks also?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Masks being mandatory in indoor public areas (aside from restaurants and bars) in Spain is one of the reasons we now feel a bit more comfortable travelling through the country.

I take it they are mandatory for sightseeing landmarks also?

Only if keeping appropriate distance is impossible, at the moment I doubt they would be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brighterspark

Has anyone had a problem using the android App for the health form - trying to fill it in as going to Spain tomorrow and it keeps saying my email is invalid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Has anyone had a problem using the android App for the health form - trying to fill it in as going to Spain tomorrow and it keeps saying my email is invalid?

There's a space after the last letter of your email address, make sure the cursor is ending at the last letter if you understand. That's a bad explanation but that's whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brighterspark

Sorry to bother everyone but struggling again with the app - landing in Spain but our first night is in France - the app does not give an option for this - any ideas?

Only when distancing is not possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

So. Quarintine in place until at least the 20th now it seems

• Advertisement

Would love to visit those places you listed in Basque country and Navarre. A lot of my students say San Sebastián is great also. For me I would love to visit Asturias sometime, there is a park where only 20 visitors are left in at a time with a guide and is home to bears, wolves, deers,boars and the eh Kerry slug. Spain is a great country for holidays, it's just a shame that the majority of irish people stick to some resort and miss out on so much.

I'm glad they do tbh. I wouldn't like to see some of the beautiful places in Northern Spain ruined by them yokes. Leave them to visit costa del std's.

If you choose to do so, personally I would though will hold out a bit longer to see what they propose.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭nice bit of green

In fairness I can see why they’ve delayed it, letting other countries be the guinea pigs. Fingers crossed nothing comes of it and quarantine is lifted in time for MY AUGUST HOLIDAY TO SPAIN!!!

Can't see it not being lifted for Spain but I'll be going to matter what. I work from home so quarantine isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

bladespin wrote:
    If you choose to do so, personally I would though will hold out a bit longer to see what they propose.

Ya. I'm not booked until September. So makes no odds. The travel industry are going to throw their toys out of the pram though

Ya. I'm not booked until September. So makes no odds. The travel industry are going to throw their toys out of the pram though

In a weird way it could be genius, drives and drabs braving it instead of a conflagration with a flag drop. Prefer a more straightforward decision though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

This is ridiculous. A minister needs to come out and start re-assuring people as to what the plan is. Even just to say 'these are the countries we intend to allow people to travel to/from' from a date we hope to be 'x'.

We're being kept in the dark while the rest of the EU is attempting to get back to some sort of normality.

The fact that the UK has opened up is the other extreme but regardless of the circumstances Ireland will have to open at some stage.

The frustration is rising amongst everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sorry to bother everyone but struggling again with the app - landing in Spain but our first night is in France - the app does not give an option for this - any ideas?

Best to just use the web form rather than the app. You still need to complete it even though you are staying in France on your first night.

The form can’t be fully completed until within 48 hours from your departure time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Area in catalonia near the city of Lleida is the first Spanish region to go back into lockdown as of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

This is some disaster. I’m supposed to be flying to Lanzarote on July 20th and we agreed we’ll only go if the government give the green light.

I could be going to bed on the 19th not knowing if I can go or not. Will be booking my accommodation in the airport if we can travel. What a clusterfcuk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement