Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain this summer (MOD WARNING IN POST 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Pinklady09 wrote: »
    I’m the same as you, heading to our own apartment in Alicante tomorrow and planning all the same precautions as you mentioned! But I’m really stressing about Spain getting on the green list. If it doesn’t I might have to try come home earlier to quarantine so I can get back to work sooner, husband and kids not happy at that suggestion

Look at return flights into Belfast?

I booked flights back into Belfast for an extra €200 for 4 on the same date as my return flight to Dublin. Will fly back to Dublin if Spain is on the green list and Belfast if it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The UK are set to announce a list of countries that will be quarantine free- we will have no choice but to follow them. We are either following the EU opening or the UK opening, we cannot hide away and isolate ourselves further.

Of course we don't have to follow them, the biggest threat in Ireland comes from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Pinklady09 wrote: »
    I’m the same as you, heading to our own apartment in Alicante tomorrow and planning all the same precautions as you mentioned! But I’m really stressing about Spain getting on the green list. If it doesn’t I might have to try come home earlier to quarantine so I can get back to work sooner, husband and kids not happy at that suggestion

Our family have had the exact same discussion and are likely to do likewise and come back after a week, even though some people think we're wrong to go at all but more have said go & enjoy. What a clusterf#*! FYI we booked in January but travel insurance said we don't qualify for refund if we don't travel, same as Ryanair. €1,700 is a hell of a lot of money to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pinklady09

Look at return flights into Belfast?

I booked flights back into Belfast for an extra €200 for 4 on the same date as my return flight to Dublin. Will fly back to Dublin if Spain is on the green list and Belfast if it isn't.

Thanks, I’ll look into that, although I’d say my employer would still want me to quarantine regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

When people filled out that form online did they get a message saying steps 4,5 and 6 of this form is blocked until 48 hours after your arrival in Spain?

• Advertisement

Meglamonia wrote: »
    When people filled out that form online did they get a message saying steps 4,5 and 6 of this form is blocked until 48 hours after your arrival in Spain?

Yip. Same as you. To be expected as it's a current health declaration.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The GFA bamboozled the UK during Brexit, now it will do the same to the Irish government when air bridge's are being implemented.

Best of luck to anyone going on a sun holiday, enjoy it as the minute numbers start to rise they will close everything again. Might be the last one for awhile.

watch?v=phUQ3yVYFvA For those worried about the thronged beaches. This is the main beach in Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote. Deserted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phUQ3yVYFvA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Meglamonia wrote: »

It says 48 hours after but it means before, my became active this morning for my Saturday flight.

All done and good to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What is this online form that people are referring to please? Is it an app that you must download if you have a flight booked to Spain. Sorry I'm not up to speed on this yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

What is this online form that people are referring to please? Is it an app that you must download if you have a flight booked to Spain. Sorry I'm not up to speed on this yet.

https://www.spth.gob.es/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Stratvs wrote: »

Thanks very much for that information.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ASOT wrote: »
    It says 48 hours after but it means before, my became active this morning for my Saturday flight.

All done and good to go now.

You fill in the final parts within 48 hours prior your departure, you can’t do it beforehand. You’ll then be emailed a pdf with a QR code that you present in the airport on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

faceman wrote: »
    You fill in the final parts within 48 hours prior your departure, you can’t do it beforehand. You’ll then be emailed a pdf with a QR code that you present in the airport on arrival.

I've just had an email from Ryanair asking me to complete the paper form, presume this isn't necessary having completed the details in the app? I suspect they're trying to keep it simple and just have people complete the forms instead.

The Ryanair website also links to another one-page form for the balearic Islands - I think I might complete this just in case.

https://www.ryanair.com/content/dam/ryanair/comms-2020/Balearic-Ver-Def_Cuestionario-viajeros-COVID19_18.03.pdf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've just had an email from Ryanair asking me to complete the paper form, presume this isn't necessary having completed the details in the app? I suspect they're trying to keep it simple and just have people complete the forms instead.

The Ryanair website also links to another one-page form for the balearic Islands - I think I might complete this just in case.

https://www.ryanair.com/content/dam/ryanair/comms-2020/Balearic-Ver-Def_Cuestionario-viajeros-COVID19_18.03.pdf

Not sure about the islands as I’m more a mainlander but you only need to do either the online or paper form. The Balearics may have additional steps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I know yeah I did it this morning, the app says that you can't fill it out until 48 hours after arriving aka seems to be a bad translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Not sure about the islands as I’m more a mainlander but you only need to do either the online or paper form. The Balearics may have additional steps

I see now that Ryanair have updated their advice page to say you either use the app, or complete the paper form. They've also removed the additional form specifically for the islands. I'd say the app data gives them everything they need.

Hopefully the QR code system will move people through the airport quickly.

Re Lanzarote. This is a recent nighttime walk in Puerto del Carmen which gives an idea of what bars / restaurants are open. (Not mine just a channel I follow)

https://youtu.be/NKmTE6lqRxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Stratvs wrote:
    Re Lanzarote. This is a recent nighttime walk in Puerto del Carmen which gives an idea of what bars / restaurants are open. (Not mine just a channel I follow)

I miss el Kiosco :) cheap booze and a great spot to watch the world go by.

I think within the next month places like PDC will be visibly busier.

Unlike the mainland it wouldn't have the local population to even give the appearance of being busy.

And being honest I would guess Ireland and the UK are PDC's biggest source of visitors so it will take time to pick up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Place looks dead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Lanzarote says irlts covid free

Indeed, correct.

Current status across the islands is 60 active cases spread across Tenerife, Gran Canaria & Fuerteventura with 4 new cases confirmed today (2 in Gran Canaria, 2 in Fuerteventura). Just do remember that locals jump between islands regularly (inter-island flights are akin to bus journeys) so a zero case count on any island with zero cases currently could change rather easily.
    The golden rule: Wash hands & wear your mask properly when going into establishments.

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Place looks dead!

Believe me it's lively now compared to the videos of a few weeks back! Remember only a few flights in yet and the Lanzaroteños, by and large, don't frequent the tourist bars/restaurants. So you'll see a few at the Salón de Juegos but the others there are most likely foreign residents who've been there throughout lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I live in Spain and me and the gf have decided to go on a holiday to Zaragoza, Teruel and Albarracín at the end of the summer. We have decided to get the AVE from Sevilla to Zaragoza and avoid Atocha station in Madrid altogether as Madrid with all the things that happened there during the covid outbreak scares the **** out of me. Anyways heading to Aragón region, a forgotten part of Spain where there will be less tourists so less worries. Albarracín looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

Anyways heading to Aragón region, a forgotten part of Spain where there will be less tourists so less worries.

Great race track there, would love to pack the bike someday :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

yeah looks very quiet, yet you'll have some people crying about how you are in grave danger of catching the virus :rolleyes: when the reality is you've a far greater chance catching it in a packed department store here.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

I live in Spain and me and the gf have decided to go on a holiday to Zaragoza, Teruel and Albarracín at the end of the summer. We have decided to get the AVE from Sevilla to Zaragoza and avoid Atocha station in Madrid altogether as Madrid with all the things that happened there during the covid outbreak scares the **** out of me. Anyways heading to Aragón region, a forgotten part of Spain where there will be less tourists so less worries. Albarracín looks amazing.

Looks fab. Heading over in a few weeks for 3 weeks. Have a campsite booked in the Costa Brava for a week but thinking of writing that off incase it’s too busy and heading elsewhere. We’re staying in Zaragoza too for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Lovely. Heading to the Picos in Northern Spain myself on the motorbike in 6 weeks for some camping and lovely mountain roads. Northern Spain for me is paradise compared to the tourist hellholes in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Lovely. Heading to the Picos in Northern Spain myself on the motorbike in 6 weeks for some camping and lovely mountain roads. Northern Spain for me is paradise compared to the tourist hellholes in the South.
    Oh I have been to the Picos, beautiful part of the world !
    Stayed in the lovely Parador at Cangas de Onis, close to Covadonga.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

We’re leaving on 24th for 3 weeks and the plan is Bilbao, Gernika, Pamplona, Zaragoza, and we were supposed to be exploring the Costa Brava via Barcelona then heading north along the coast but I’m a bit uncertain now as it starts to get busier. We’ve a campsite near Pals booked for the guts of a week but we’ll play it by ear.
    We travelled west of Santander last July/ Aug and loved how relatively quiet the likes of the Picos were. Definitely keen to avoid the hoards this year even more than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Masks are mandatory at all times in Spain which would put me off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement