Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Didn't they also say there'd a fully enhanced version released later on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was already likely going to save it for PS5 anyway, but thats definite now. It's practically a launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's still fairly simple for me. I'll buy for the One X and then know I have it for free when I upgrade console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

It will be upgraded for the series X.

CDPR have confirmed they'll use Xbox's Smart Delivery optimisation feature for it and said they can't commit on PS5 yet because PlayStation haven't talked about what will happen when someone owns the PS4 version and then moves to PS5.

i know it has smart delivery but i read somewhere they they wont have an enhanced version for a while so realistically it wont matter if i play on my X or series X at launch.

which is a bit of a bummer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really disappointed by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really disappointed by this.

2020 and this is what you are dissapointed by :D

not too bothered kinda hoping Nvidia unleash the rumoured 3090 first!!! then I can play this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2020 and this is what you are dissapointed by :D

Ya I am, Is that ok with you is it ;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New info taken from a conference call with Adam Kicinski (CDPR President/CEO). Basically the game is still being launched on PS4 and XB1 (and PC obviously), but it will work on the next gens at launch through backwards compatibility. BC improvements mean the game will look better on the next gen consoles at launch, but a true next gen "robust update" will be released next year. Those who already own the PS4/XB1 version of the game will get the PS5/XSX update for free.

Sources - WCCFTech & Gematsu

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Awesome, good info!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Maybe they just dont want to release in 2020 in case the game causes your GPU to catch fire and burn the house down.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

The base version on the new consoles will still look significantly better - many assets wouldn't be changed as they are built for the current gen, but the resolution will be true 4K versus 720p/900p/1080p or whatever on the current gen with more stable frames.

Obviously a full retooled version the following year will be better again, but it would be well worth playing it on the new gen, especially if coming from a standard One S/PS4/PS4 Pro.....the One X less so, but still an improvement.

A good comparison is probably something like Read Dead 2 on Xbox One v Xbox One X....it is night and day, 900P v true 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think this is the first single player game I've been genuinely excited about since Fallout 4. Like, that sort of "book a week off work" level excitement, which even the biggest games just don't do for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Previews going live at 5.30

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If it's half as good as Castlevania's anime/animated show, it should be brilliant.

(Watch Castlevania on Netflix, people!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »
    If it's half as good as Castlevania's anime/animated show, it should be brilliant.

(Watch Castlevania on Netflix, people!)

Studio Trigger who're making it have a few deals with Netflix, one called BNA is out Tuesday. None of their stuff is very cyberpunk looking. They were founded by those who worked on Gurren Lagann, and most of their stuff looks similar to that.

Castlevania season 4 is probably delayed now after the writer got metooed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That game looks to have an Impossible scope. Almost Star Citizen levels if that isn't too hyperbolic. Can see why it has been pushed back a few times. Almost feels overwhelming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know after years of hype, an almost mythical status given its long development period, and some of those pretty spectacular early, concept trailers, it’s always a bit of a shock when I see more footage and it looks exactly like... an open world video game :pac:

I mean the production values are off the scale, and obviously the key will be how dynamic and surprising it is when we play the darn thing... but yeah a lot of the gameplay footage released today looks pretty ordinary in the end, albeit with an extraordinary level of visual detail and polish. I mean, driving a car around a city will always be driving a car around a city... but I find it interesting to see the reality of the game after such a long time.

Different life paths for V
    1708efebvstarting.jpg

Female V Street Kid, samurai sword and motorbike all the way. Finally gonna get to see the preview stuff now.

I dunno Johnny, this looks ****ing special. I really want to keep my expectations down but this looks absolutely class. The way they mix a GTA look with a top quality FPS and deep looking RPG, this is gonna be something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You know after years of hype, an almost mythical status given its long development period, and some of those pretty spectacular early, concept trailers, it’s always a bit of a shock when I see more footage and it looks exactly like... an open world world video game :pac:

I mean the production values are off the scale, and obviously the key will be how dynamic and surprising it is when we play the darn thing... but yeah a lot of the gameplay footage released today looks pretty ordinary in the end, albeit with an extraordinary level of visual detail and polish. I mean, driving a car around a city will always be driving a car around a city... but I find it interesting to see the reality of the game after such a long time.

To be fair, you can boil the Witcher 3 down to just another open world game as well. And that's fine, as it just does what it does extremely well.

Cyberpunk will be made or broken by how the gameplay feels, and it's storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

For a second I thought they'd been a little more nuanced and organic with the dialogue and stat check and rolls going by the Xbox video, but it was definitely explicit what stat an option relied on from the car repair section at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

nse4yzwj93751.jpg

Advertisement