Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Nobodys precious about killing digital kids. If you have kids dieing in a game this complex you have to have a whole new set of reactions from the npcs.

You don't need individual NPC reactions to it - something like the Fallout 2 "Childkiller" reputation tag could work where you are outright despised by certain groups if you do it. It could be something simply like making things extremely difficult for you with factions needed for the story etc with a reputation black mark like that, to consider reloading a save :D

I can't stand invincible NPCS in games, let me kill everything in sight if I want to or don't put them there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wasn't Saints Row doing this like 15 years ago??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My character is going to have it swinging past her knees.

You read that right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can suddenly see the future. Could be the latest controversy for the non gaming press.

Has any game ever represented sex that wasn't cringe inducing, or like two shop mannequins sliding up & down against each other? I admire CDP's work but hold no faith they can ... do, sex, right. That felt weird to type.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's games that do it right. Where it's not a high five bro you got the homerun achievement.

And all of them don't show the awkward act.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's games that do it right. Where it's not a high five bro you got the homerun achievement.

And all of them don't show the awkward act.

Yeah, you got the tasteful fades to black n all; to be clear I meant actually showing the intercourse. It has always been horrendous. Even kissing scenes are often like dolls smushed together. I liked Mass Effects romance angles, but the actual intimacy was broken looking. Good luck with cyberpunk but feels like they're on a hiding to nothing going in hot n heavy (ooh err)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

You can hire hookers at any point in the game. I doubt all it does is fade to black when it comes to the deed, but if it does then I don't even know what the point is. You could get the same experience by slowly blinking. Maybe there's some kind of buffs or quest routes you can change with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The hookers sell encounters as Brandance. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class car but the badlands setting is very interesting, nice break from the city.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1261325527610200064?s=19

What about Geralt and Yennefer on the back of a white rocking horse draped in a sheepskin rug. It'll be hard to top that.

• Advertisement

*unicorn.

No way! Even better :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just googled that sex scene due to not playing the Witcher 3 far into the story and then a few posts back about the Mass Effect sex scene decided to Google that also. What is with him riding some weird alien looking yoke. Never played Mass Effect either.

I thought the Mass Effect cutscenes were hot.

They had an important air of intimacy true, rather than the booty call approach of other games, given the relationship your player built with the particular target of romance (Tali 4'eva :D ). The actual rendering though still felt like two action figures mashing faces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah mass effect the game where you could get ****ed to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I don't mind leisure activities like hookers between action but I'm more interested in being able to sit down in bars, engage in drinking, chatting, hacking and quest related stuff while there. Being able to have fun anywhere in a game feels really good. Yakuza was onto to this a bit. The more you can roleplay without an actual quest being active is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Bought this Cyberpunk controller for my Xbox One X recently:

14IxDb4.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Delayed again, from September to 19th November so next gen launch? I'm hoping to only have a ps5 by then and it should be backwards compatible anyway but hope this means they're releasing a next gen version along with current gen.

Journos playing it this week with their previews releasing after the night city event on 25th June.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273647385294626816?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well shiiiiiiite.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Delayed again, from September to 19th November so next gen launch?

That seems to be too obvious of a reason. Very convenient anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    That seems to be too obvious of a reason. Very convenient anyway.

So November is going to be the typical busy month where everything releases within a week of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I was on the fence with getting this because of what's coming later in the year. But I've been knocked into the PS5 version side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

it's called Cyberpunk 2077 for a good reason...

So November is going to be the typical busy month where everything releases within a week of each other

Normally yes but I figure some games that were was/still are targeting winter 2020 might get pushed to early next year.
    This is good news for the Avengers game if they make September which maybe is touch and go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JimBurnley wrote: »
    it's called Cyberpunk 2077 for a good reason...
    I'll be in the ground by that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Normally yes but I figure some that was/still-is targeting winter 2020 might get pushed to early next year.
    This is good news for the Avengers game if they make September which maybe is touch and go too.

Yeah I was tempted with the Avengers game but with it a week before Cyberpunk, I was going to get at a later date. Might think of getting this now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Didn't they already say that it won't be upgraded for the next gen well at least not for series X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

recyclops wrote: »
    Didn't they already say that it won't be upgraded for the next gen well at least not for series X

It will be upgraded for the series X.

CDPR have confirmed they'll use Xbox's Smart Delivery optimisation feature for it and said they can't commit on PS5 yet because PlayStation haven't talked about what will happen when someone owns the PS4 version and then moves to PS5.

Advertisement