Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Parcel Motel looks your best bet. Strangely, the PC version can be shipped to Ireland.

Yeah, looking that way now. Wanted to avoid Parcel Motel if possible to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Dont think so, are you near a parcel motel you could use that or address pal to get the amazon one shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Dont think so, are you near a parcel motel you could use that or address pal to get the amazon one shipped.

Parcel wizard can deliver to any address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I've never heard of Amazon not shipping the Steelbook edition of a game to Ireland before. Maybe it's because the release is still so far away? Wait a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd image Sony will follow suit. Be crazy not to! Wonder if MS are subsidising these decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

If only...

18+ rating in Brazil was leaked and quickly taken down but not before one of the devs shared it :)

https://twitter.com/PaweSasko/status/1254190863078633473?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

tlych.jpg
    New RPG just announced by CD Projeckt Red! (They of Witcher fame)
    >just
    It's in development for like 13 years now. It's the next Duke Nukem Forever
    (DNF took 15 years to come out). I'll believe it when I see it.

The truck DLC is cool tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

>just
    It's in development for like 13 years now. It's the next Duke Nukem Forever
    (DNF took 15 years to come out). I'll believe it when I see it.

The post your responding to was made in 2012...

Wing126 wrote: »
    The post your responding to was made in 2012...

Have nearly done the same a few times. Forums keep opening up oldest first for me. I have to refresh a few times and it switches to latest posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah this forum is quite the antique. If you take a look at modern forums they resolve date/time intelligently, display timestamps more clearly and have a more visual way of displaying the passage of time in a thread. They also don't even have a hard-line subject trees for the end user to navigate through. Instead they use a filtering system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah this forum is quite the antique. If you take a look at modern forums they resolve date/time intelligently, display timestamps more clearly and have a more visual way of displaying the passage of time in a thread. They also don't even have a hard-line subject trees for the end user to navigate through. Instead they use a filtering system.

Eh, I like that boards isn't "updating" to anything new.

The Shoryuken.com forums had decades of info that's now been essentially lost forever due to modernizing 2 times in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Have this bought already via 2 games for new game release with gamestop,last year come to think of it.

Can anyone tell me from orders recently what was the play here?

Did gamestop just post them out?

Have this bought already via 2 games for new game release with gamestop,last year come to think of it.

Can anyone tell me from orders recently what was the play here?

Did gamestop just post them out?

No, but if you reorder online they promised to refund the credit you already have from trade-ins when stores reopen. Time will tell if they make good on this...

Apparently there will be kids and they'll be invincible NPCs. I hated this in TES games. In Skyrim there was a dragon attack and a kid kept its attention forever without dying. Ruined the combat and immersion. If kids could actually be harmed I think people would be very careful about crossfire in open areas make people consider driving safer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rather kids not be in the game or have them only appear in the distance but move out of view and despawn when the player is near. Red dead did an alright job, having them only appear in either cut-scenes or in forced safe areas.

Game tend to try to reduce the amount of animations required so they limit the number of skeletal models included, but if they vary it a bit you don't have a world of clone variants being the same basic build and exact same height.

Does I make me bad that I enjoyed killing the little s###s in Days Gone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Does I make me bad that I enjoyed killing the little s###s in Days Gone :pac:

Completely forgot about that, and from a 1st party too.

Maybe it like with old games with the green blood "see this isn't a person".

They either need to not have kids or somehow get them out of the way if they're concerned or just treat them like any other NPC.

• Advertisement

It's interesting how we argue video games aren't real and don't cause violence and yet people are really precious about killing digital kids, as if suddenly it's too far considering all the things video games allow you to do nowadays.
    Same with nudity or titillation. You can mutilate the human body with extreme detail... but don't you dare try to find a human body pleasing.

As for kid NPCs, I think most companies just don't want the bad press. If the player can harm the kids then the media will spin it like it's encouraging that. I just hate it when they are made invincible like in the Skyrim example, they're invincible to other NPCs and enviornmental damage. But it also stifles roleplaying an evil character. I've done cannibal runs in Fallout - but apparently even psycho cannibals will draw the line when it comes to kids :rolleyes:

But yeah I'd prefer no kids than invincible kids. Imagine driving and suddenly crashing like you hit a titanium pole just because it was an NPC of a certain type on the street. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

JimBurnley wrote: »
    No, but if you reorder online they promised to refund the credit you already have from trade-ins when stores reopen. Time will tell if they make good on this...

Disaster, but hopefully they will be open come September. If we get through all the announced phases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

It's interesting how we argue video games aren't real and don't cause violence and yet people are really precious about killing digital kids, as if suddenly it's too far considering all the things video games allow you to do nowadays.

Nobodys precious about killing digital kids. If you have kids dieing in a game this complex you have to have a whole new set of reactions from the npcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Nobodys precious about killing digital kids. If you have kids dieing in a game this complex you have to have a whole new set of reactions from the npcs.

Lol what nonsense is this

Same with nudity or titillation. You can mutilate the human body with extreme detail... but don't you dare try to find a human body pleasing.

It is interesting the diferance between the full on shooting games from the west and the eroge from Japan.

Surely its time for a full adut game. Where in between our soilders tours of duty he gets r&r time with the wife.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Lol what nonsense is this

Alright. Maybe you don't have to do new crowd reactions. It would be horrible to hear some arseholes droning on about lack of crowd reactions to a kids death though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

12 inch vagina. Sounds rough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Advertisement
Advertisement