Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Delayed until September 17th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh well. There's always Animal Crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It was always going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wonder if it's to help them implement AMD ray-tracing with regards to PS5/Xbox Series X.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I knew it! the second Remake was delayed I knew cyberpunk would be as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tumblr_meko8n2MAD1rpn6xxo1_400.gif

Disappointed it's delayed, but what are the chances there will be a next gen version when the ps5/xbox launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Disappointed it's delayed, but what are the chances there will be a next gen version when the ps5/xbox launch?

Would actually make me hold out for the rumoured October release date of ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the great things about the indie space is how release dates often aren’t announced until a few days beforehand. I know there are boring corporate reasons why release dates for AAA games are announced so far in advance despite the inevitable delays, but would be delightful for that practice to stop. Not out of any ‘delay rage’, but just because delays are the rule rather than the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Goddammit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not that surprising these days. Witcher 3 was delayed by a few months (at least once) as well iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I gave them a pass last time which turned out to be deserved so I will definitely give them a pass this time as well if it is as polished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I went ahead and ordered a 2060 for this. That's arriving in a few days. It will be interesting I suppose to see what arrives graphic card wise in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I sorta put CP2077 out of my mind because of how long it was going to take. I made sure not to be even aware of its release month so I'm not feeling this delay at all. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Glad to hear this, year was getting a bit too stacked. This will help spread things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I went ahead and ordered a 2060 for this. That's arriving in a few days. It will be interesting I suppose to see what arrives graphic card wise in the mean time.

TBH unless you NEED a graphics card, you might as well return the 2060.
    Not only did they get an official price cut to 300 quid yesterday, but they're likely to be replaced around the same time as Cyberpunk's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Rob2D wrote: »
    Glad to hear this, year was getting a bit too stacked. This will help spread things out.

Not really when everything seems to now releasing in the latter half of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

Smiles35 wrote: »

To be honest by the time it comes out at the end of the year there will be cards that are way better for cheaper. Unless you actually need a new card now I wouldn't buy with 2077 in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not really when everything seems to now releasing in the latter half of the year

Depending on a proper announcement of its features, I'm almost tempted to leave off buying this until the PS5 comes out if the PS5 is backwards compatible.

It's running on 8th gen consoles so it better not perform like ass on PC for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

It's running on 8th gen consoles so it better not perform like ass on PC for no reason.
    Don't think they've shown any footage of it running on those consoles yet have they?
    I'm not too optimistic that's gonna look or run good but as I don't own a PC i guess I don't have much choice!

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Don't think they've shown any footage of it running on those consoles yet have they?
    Nah but they've mentioned before how they've got eyes on 9th gen. In general console-focused games (which is where CDPR and many others have gone) often means bad performance on PC in my experience. Just feels bad when they make a game for 8th gen which was 2 years behind the PC standards on release(2014), only for it to perform meh on PCs built similar or better than 8th gen.

I have this frustration with most modern games so it's not really a CP2077 issue but CP2077 is one of the few modern upcoming titles I am excited for. Hopefully it'll run grand if I put post-processing to minimum like I usually do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm bummed out, I'm not even gonna lie but at least they want it to be polished.

More like they don't want to compete with remake, who could blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can understand why, due to the push back with remake, but I don't think that would lost much, if any sales. They're 2 very different games, and while the nostalgia will draw a lot of people to FFVII remake, it's just not going to compete with CP2077, because it's not new. I'll probably pick up FFVII myself, as I never played the original due to the turn based combat, so this looks better at least.

Anyway, they can delay it all they want, I will be ready when they want to release it, knowing they actually care about the game. Take your time CDPR, take all the time you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Nah but they've mentioned before how they've got eyes on 9th gen. In general console-focused games (which is where CDPR and many others have gone) often means bad performance on PC in my experience. Just feels bad when they make a game for 8th gen which was 2 years behind the PC standards on release(2014), only for it to perform meh on PCs built similar or better than 8th gen.

I have this frustration with most modern games so it's not really a CP2077 issue but CP2077 is one of the few modern upcoming titles I am excited for. Hopefully it'll run grand if I put post-processing to minimum like I usually do.

Easier to code for a set of systems vs a mish-mash of drivers/hardware and OSs that come with PC territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is there anywhere that's doing a Steelbook version of the game in Ireland? Gamestop don't have one and the Amazon one doesn't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that's doing a Steelbook version of the game in Ireland? Gamestop don't have one and the Amazon one doesn't ship to Ireland.
    Parcel Motel looks your best bet. Strangely, the PC version can be shipped to Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement