Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trashing of our parks and beaches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Then I think you took the previous poster up wrong, because that's not even close to what he was saying

I'm sure he could tell me that himself if that's true but thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,024 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm sure he could tell me that himself if that's true but thanks for your input.

Well if you had typed something that made sense after reading his post correctly, if wouldn't have come across as you accusing parents of leaving dirty nappies in the street, which is what I took excpetion to.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Why don't you 2 take your squabble into a private message, and then the rest of us can get back to the title of the thread.....

Why don't you 2 take your squabble into a private message, and then the rest of us can get back to the title of the thread.....

If you get that pissed off by five or six messages you're spending too much time on boards.

Or, y'know, you could just not read them and maybe make a psoitive contribution yourself...?

Honestly - this thread has Homer "can't someone ELSE do it?" SImpson written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If you get that pissed off by five or six messages you're spending too much time on boards.

That's ironic given you got pissed off by one that you didn't get. I'd suggest sticking me on ignore, thanks.

• Advertisement

That's ironic given you got pissed off by one that you didn't get. I'd suggest sticking me on ignore, thanks.

Ah. the old getting pissed off by people getting pissed off paradox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I will leave you to it, mods asleep at the wheel! Its 2 pages of utter tripe FFS.
    Time to unfollow, thread is done anyway.
    And no I don't spend too much time on here, I drop on/off when I am bored/board........

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lots of people are picnicking in our local park now. Generally it’s a good thing but I went to take a rest on one of the benches and wondered why there were so many flies, bees and whatever around us... looked down to see a plastic bag stuffed behind the bench, full of empty crisp packets, half eaten sandwiches and soft drink bottles. If you go to the fûcking trouble of bringing a bag FULL of food to the park, I’m sure you can summon the energy to take it away and dispose of it so that the rest of us can enjoy the park, weather and view without being stunk out of it and attacked by the wasps and bees...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Truthvader wrote: »
    Oh excuse me all over the place, must be the babies leaving their poo everywhere. And another thing, when I go for a swim I dont want to share the water with your filthy dog. Nor is it a charming amusement when it shakes itself dry beside me. Yep I do paint you all with the same brush. Entitled ,unhygienic ,intrusive and occasionally dangerous - And always that sickly misplaced love invested in a dog. "He's so clever, whenever we etc etc he seems to know etc etc and one time he etc etc. He only bites if you run etc etc. MENTAL.

Anger issues much? :) Sharing the water with dogs lol.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Anger issues much? :) Sharing the water with dogs lol.

People that don’t like dogs can’t be trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Explain to me where I said or did any such thing. I think there's only one person here MENTAL. good luck

"Neither do I so I suggest if you ever run into me on a beach, keep a wide berth for your own health and safety"

Again. MENTAL

People that don’t like dogs can’t be trusted.

Not asking to be trusted - just to be left in peace without having to del with the constant dog**** all over the place and the foolish entitled owners imposing their dogs on me. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

“I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.”

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I jogged past this earlier, beautiful tree sculpture by the park I started this thread about. Some scumbags threw petrol on it and set it alight. I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people? If you must destroy a work of art at least focus on the Luke Kelly head in Sheriff st ffs.
    So many knacker scumbags in this country. We don't deserve nice things.

105003408_10223194955167275_5933594130906462116_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=p5U_ASi4kx0AX9rzDhO&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1749d0eae26e3b24cbf7a74f029ae4a9&oe=5F14F36F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I jogged past this earlier, beautiful tree sculpture by the park I started this thread about. Some scumbags threw petrol on it and set it alight. I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people? If you must destroy a work of art at least focus on the Luke Kelly head in Sheriff st ffs.

105003408_10223194955167275_5933594130906462116_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=p5U_ASi4kx0AX9rzDhO&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1749d0eae26e3b24cbf7a74f029ae4a9&oe=5F14F36F

That is tragic,hopefully it can be sanded and restored.I've only visited that tree a handful of times.And would find a different animal tucked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

That is tragic,hopefully it can be sanded and restored.I've only visited that tree a handful of times.And would find a different animal tucked away.

It looks very deep they might be able to protect some how rather then restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I swear there is someone having very poor diet travelling our road. I suspect it is someone fairly local, there is a stretch of road of about 500m without any houses and they always drop their MCDonalds (today), Supermacs, Centra, Costa wrappings together with empty box of cigarettes and some Red Bull or Lucozade. I was surprised to find an empty bag of snack nuts today. In comparison to other stuff it was almost healthy. Then you get into the woods and notice that families with little darlings were around yesterday and it seems they can't last 3km without chewing some Maoams, crisps or other rubbish. My son very guiltily picked up a Maoman wrapping thinking it could be his considering he hides wrappings of the ones he shouldn't eat into his trouser pockets. It was not because he wasn't around yesterday or on Saturday (I was and they weren't there yesterday). It is sad to see how much rubbish we and some other walkers pick up after scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Some serious amount of knackbags this county produces and its getting worse

Like what mentality must they have to do that, SCUM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It gets vandalised on a regular basis as well. Small fortune has been spent cleaning and repairing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Elmo wrote: »
    It looks very deep they might be able to protect some how rather then restore?

Going by the pics,the turtles seem to be fairly ok as to the depth of burn.But the tentacles show alot of cracking,so no idea if they can be saved.Very sad nonetheless.

Where is this? Idiots notwithstanding I would like to visit if anywhere near me

It gets vandalised on a regular basis as well. Small fortune has been spent cleaning and repairing it.

Yeah, that's the joke. That statue is horrible though, the tree carving is beautiful and a real asset to the area.

Yeah, that's the joke. That statue is horrible though, the tree carving is beautiful and a real asset to the area.

Suppose it depends on what you’re into. Can’t see any way that tree was an asset to anything.

Neither should be vandalised though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Truthvader wrote: »
    Where is this? Idiots notwithstanding I would like to visit if anywhere near me

In Raheny, Dublin, on the coast road out to Howth. As far as I know, it was a dead tree that was sculpted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the pic is everywhere today I sometimes think thats what the culpret is looking for, don't think its good idea when dublin fire brigade tweets other pictures of fire vandalism

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Devastated to see the tree vandalised. I don't know why we tolerate (and actively encourage in some respects) scummy behaviour. You see it every day with the grey tracksuit brigade strutting around the place like they own it. Noone ever stands up to them.

Suppose it depends on what you’re into. Can’t see any way that tree was an asset to anything.

Neither should be vandalised though.

You're the first person I've ever come across that wasn't very impressed by it, it's a stunning work of art

You're the first person I've ever come across that wasn't very impressed by it, it's a stunning work of art

It’s well done and all, just that asset is a bit far. Maybe it is if that’s what you’re into, maybe Luke Kelly is if that’s what someone else is into but I wouldn’t be trying to be judge and jury on them all.

• Advertisement

It’s well done and all, just that asset is a bit far. Maybe it is if that’s what you’re into, maybe Luke Kelly is if that’s what someone else is into but I wouldn’t be trying to be judge and jury on them all.

beautiful buildings, artworks, parks etc in certain areas are generally considered assets to the areas.

Advertisement