Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The trashing of our parks and beaches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Or maybe he picks up the sh**e , as most responsible dog walkers do. I know where I walk my dogs the people who are on the beach all year round do more to keep it clean than the council. That includes a lot of dog walkers.

Please post a list of responsible dog walkers. 'Round here the place is a carpet of dog**** - with bonus points for those who wrap their **** in a plastic bag and then throw it on the ground or else dump it anywhere within about 2 meters of the bins that Dublin City Council never empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Truthvader wrote: »
    I assume "walk the beach with my dog" is code for "bring my dog out for a **** on the beach" Prefer to deal with a discarded 7 Up bottle.

Plastic bottle will be there for decades and dog **** will disappear in a few days. I'm not saying it's ok to leave dog litter on the beach but it clearly is less damaging for the environment. Plastic is just about the worst thing you can dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

meeeeh wrote: »
    Plastic bottle will be there for decades and dog **** will disappear in a few days. I'm not saying it's ok to leave dog litter on the beach but it clearly is less damaging for the environment. Plastic is just about the worst thing you can dump.

And in those few days, plenty of kids like my own will walk in it or destroy their clothes. 2 wrongs never make a right. Both are scummy disgusting behaviour

And in those few days, plenty of kids like my own will walk in it or destroy their clothes. 2 wrongs never make a right. Both are scummy disgusting behaviour

There is nothing more scummy than dumping plastic. It's just not comparative but I agree dog waste should not be left on the paths or beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

There should be no bins provided at all at scenic/recreation locations. If you go somewhere take your rubbish home with you.

What if you have a baby with you and it does a big dirty? there's only so much wrapping that in plastic bags will do for you. keeping that in a hot car doesn't sound fun. I agree though that a lot of people should bring their rubbish home. FFS, most things can be recycled or composted these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

meeeeh wrote: »
    There is nothing more scummy than dumping plastic. It's just not comparative but I agree dog waste should not be left on the paths or beaches.

here's the thing, put a dog **** in a plastic bag and leave it on the path like millions do,
    then put a dog **** on the path no bag and see which one disappears first.
    which is better for the environment ?
    There's only one correct answer

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

This happens every time the weather improves in Ireland .
    You wouldn't see this in the likes of Sweden / Denmark / Norway / Germany ...
    To many people living here have no respect for our stunning country .
    These people will never change ....
    The only thing they understand is fines .
    That would mean providing proper security at these parks / beaches ...that costs money .
    The councils are also to blame ... Not providing enough bins at these places .
    In a lot of cases these bins are to small and remain full over a weekend before been emptied on a Monday .

you've hit the nail on the head. we have notions about ourselves in this country to -> like there's a handful of misinformed poor ould unfortunates doing all the littering.
    There's a lot of filthy scumbags who don't give a F.
    Fines and jail for litter louts, they'll never learn. some people have no respect for anything. public amenities, public transport etc. tis all just stuff to be abused.
    As someone else noted, there's rubbish in EVERY ditch in this countryside and it's not all teenagers.
    this all feeds into how we're so sh1t in this country at looking after the environment in general and i don't mean carbon taxes. the smell of pig poop and cow poop in this country is appalling amongst other things

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What if you have a baby with you and it does a big dirty? there's only so much wrapping that in plastic bags will do for you. keeping that in a hot car doesn't sound fun. I agree though that a lot of people should bring their rubbish home. FFS, most things can be recycled or composted these days.

The fact that a baby defaecates should not come as a great surprise and you should have prepared for that.

The fact that a baby defaecates should not come as a great surprise and you should have prepared for that.

WTF is this nonsense? People don't bring their babies out for "walk" ie ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

People definitely bring babies outside and they can't just take the arse off and leave it charging in the gaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jaysus did you ever see a pram in your life?

Jaysus did you ever see a pram in your life?

Ehhh....... missing the point I think. Taking the dog "for a walk" is code for taking the dog out to crap on the pavement outside someone else house. Taking a baby for a walk is just taking the baby for a walk, Had several babies in my time, Not once did any of them **** on the footpath

Dashcams should become the norm in cars. And there should be somewhere you can forward video evidence of littering. Automatic fines for the registered owner of the car litter is thrown from.

It would work for reckless driving too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Dashcams should become the norm in cars. And there should be somewhere you can forward video evidence of littering. Automatic fines for the registered owner of the car litter is thrown from.

It would work for reckless driving too.

I don't generally drive my car on the beach though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,029 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

People definitely bring babies outside and they can't just take the arse off and leave it charging in the gaff.

Can you just clafity, is your belief that the babies are left to roam around naked and crap everywhere, or that people don't take dirty nappies home with them or throw them in a bin...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ehhh....... missing the point I think. Taking the dog "for a walk" is code for taking the dog out to crap on the pavement outside someone else house. Taking a baby for a walk is just taking the baby for a walk, Had several babies in my time, Not once did any of them **** on the footpath

Some people walk their dogs to exercise them, spend time with them and to exercise and enjoy the fresh air themselves. That's why I make the effort to take mine to new places that have woodland and interesting sights and smells. I'm hardly going to seek out new forestry to walk in so that she has something new to look at while she takes a f*ckin ****e...

Can you just clafity, is your belief that the babies are left to roam around naked and crap everywhere, or that people don't take dirty nappies home with them or throw them in a bin...?

The latter. The former would be a ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Antares35 wrote: »
    Some people walk their dogs to exercise them, spend time with them and to exercise and enjoy the fresh air themselves. That's why I make the effort to take mine to new places that have woodland and interesting sights and smells. I'm hardly going to seek out new forestry to walk in so that she has something new to look at while she takes a f*ckin ****e...
    Exactly. I walk my dogs through fields to get to the coast. I sometimes walk the roads but if I do my dogs are leashed and s##t is picked up. One of my great pleasure in life is watching my dogs run free and swimming. Irresponsible dog owners are out there and are ignorant. As ignorant as people who paint all dog owners with the same brush.

Exactly. I walk my dogs through fields to get to the coast. I sometimes walk the roads but if I do my dogs are leashed and s##t is picked up. One of my great pleasure in life is watching my dogs run free and swimming. Irresponsible dog owners are out there and are ignorant. As ignorant as people who paint all dog owners with the same brush.

Oh excuse me all over the place, must be the babies leaving their poo everywhere. And another thing, when I go for a swim I dont want to share the water with your filthy dog. Nor is it a charming amusement when it shakes itself dry beside me. Yep I do paint you all with the same brush. Entitled ,unhygienic ,intrusive and occasionally dangerous - And always that sickly misplaced love invested in a dog. "He's so clever, whenever we etc etc he seems to know etc etc and one time he etc etc. He only bites if you run etc etc. MENTAL.

Oh excuse me all over the place, must be the babies leaving their poo everywhere. And another thing, when I go for a swim I dont want to share the water with your filthy dog. Nor is it a charming amusement when it shakes itself dry beside me. Yep I do paint you all with the same brush. Entitled ,unhygienic ,intrusive and occasionally dangerous - And always that sickly misplaced love invested in a dog. "He's so clever, whenever we etc etc he seems to know etc etc and one time he etc etc. He only bites if you run etc etc. MENTAL.

Firstly, at least read the post you're responding to properly before having a hissy fit.
    Secondly, you're sharing the water with much, much worse.
    Thirdly, who hurt you?

• Advertisement

Pathetic. First of all my dogs swim where no one else is. Secondly you do realise other wildlife live in and around the water. And thirdly you may not want to share the beach with entitled people ... Neither do I so I suggest if you ever run into me on a beach, keep a wide berth for your own health and safety.

Firstly, at least read the post you're responding to properly before having a hissy fit.
    Secondly, you're sharing the water with much, much worse.
    Thirdly, who hurt you?

A dog

Pathetic. First of all my dogs swim where no one else is. Secondly you do realise other wildlife live in and around the water. And thirdly you may not want to share the beach with entitled people ... Neither do I so I suggest if you ever run into me on a beach, keep a wide berth for your own health and safety.

Because I'm entitles to impose my dog on you whenever and wherever I like and if you don't like it I will attack you. As before MENTAL

Because I'm entitles to impose my dog on you whenever and wherever I like and if you don't like it I will attack you. As before MENTAL

Explain to me where I said or did any such thing. I think there's only one person here MENTAL. good luck

My favourite pursuit during the lockdown is to let my dog poo in the middle of the path and chase any walkers we meet. Bonus points if she topples them and licks them. Us dog owners are on a mission to make life as hard as possible for people like you. It will keep you away from beaches and parks and you won't be able to litter.

The latter. The former would be a ridiculous statement.

So your belief is that paretns only taking babies outdoors so that they can change the nappy and leave it on the side of the footpath? Ok, then.

So your belief is that paretns only taking babies outdoors so that they can change the nappy and leave it on the side of the footpath? Ok, then.

I honestly have no idea where you've gotten that impression. You have obviously taken what I said the wrong way .

I honestly have no idea where you've gotten that impression.

Probably this.

The grammar's a bit weird, to be fair. I mean, is the arse supposed to change itself...? If the parent can't take said arse off before leaving, is the implication that the only reason the leave the house is to change said baby (whcih is not the most logical of the two).

Probably this.

The grammar's a bit weird, to be fair. I mean, is the arse supposed to change itself...? If the parent can't take said arse off before leaving, is the implication that the only reason the leave the house is to change said baby (whcih is not the most logical of the two).

I was being humourous in response to a poster saying babies don't sh*t outside. You have definitely taken me up wrong.

• Advertisement

I was being humourous in response to a poster saying babies don't sh*t outside. You have definitely taken me up wrong.

Then I think you took the previous poster up wrong, because that's not even close to what he was saying

Advertisement