Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bobgaf wrote: »
    Amazon have dropped the price of their 4K Fire TV stick to £39.99.
    Standard version is £19.99.

I'd wait for a prime day deal. Got one last year for £25stg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'd wait for a prime day deal. Got one last year for £25stg

When is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

vicwatson wrote: »
    When is this?

It's delayed this year- happening in September I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have USA NBC sports pass for US golf and a premier league pass. Incredible value and pictures compared to Sky.

It's even in 4k and it's €60 for the year soccer and 45 for golf all legit

Any videos on how to get the apps on to firestick? Have a sub ive been using on mobile. Tried to change region but not happening for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

duffman13 wrote: »
    Any videos on how to get the apps on to firestick? Have a sub ive been using on mobile. Tried to change region but not happening for me

The first post in this thread has loads of info. Also an app called apps2fire in the Google playstore if you have an android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Is there any other way to get the normal firestick for the same price on Amazon. Apparently it doesn't ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Is there any other way to get the normal firestick for the same price on Amazon. Apparently it doesn't ship to Ireland

Ship to parcel motel or equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 10 techtalk101

Still great value for anyone needing one (especially non-4k for 20£. I used addresspal by post office to get Irish delivery.

Prime day or black friday are a long time to wait
    bobgaf wrote: »
    Amazon have dropped the price of their 4K Fire TV stick to £39.99.
    Standard version is £19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Abiya041 wrote: »

See post 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

duffman13 wrote: »
    There may be few different ways but for me I have a 2nd Amazon.co.uk account with a UK address and I have my fire stick registered to UK and not ROI

Then in my 2nd Amazon.co.uk account I think under a manage devices section I go to preferences and change country to US with a US address/phone number added. When thats done I then search for the US app I want to add to my Fire stick and click the deliver button which then soon enough appears on my fire stick apps list, when I'm done I then change back to my original UK address. You will need to use either a DNS or VPN for most of these US apps on the stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

bailey7 wrote: »
    Do they definitely show every premier league game? Signed up following your advice using a fubo account but reading conflicting info online.
    Amazing picture quality and worked out under €9 for the rest of the season so happy days.

I signed up for NBC and have the app downloaded to my firestick with a VPN but when I try to view anything its asking me my provider and then to log in through that link. How did you get around that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bailey7

I signed up for NBC and have the app downloaded to my firestick with a VPN but when I try to view anything its asking me my provider and then to log in through that link. How did you get around that ?

I selected fubo tv as my provider and just created a fake account. Make sure you have your vpn on when you do it.

Both games tonight seem to be live on the app but should know for definite shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

I selected fubo tv as my provider and just created a fake account. Make sure you have your vpn on when you do it.

Both games tonight seem to be live on the app but should know for definite shortly.

No joy for me using the same thing. Keeps coming up "unable to play this asset"

south wrote: »

I signed up for nbc and fubo on my laptop using a vpn. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Stream for the match running perfectly so far.

I signed up for nbc and fubo on my laptop using a vpn. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Are you watching on the firestick or laptop? It shows that I'm signed in but maybe it's a VPN problem. I'm trying to watch on the firestick

Watching on firestick using nord vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

south wrote: »
    I got that error message a couple of days ago trying to watch a reply of a programme, it could be a general error but I was on my DNS at the time and have switched over to my VPN and everything working fine since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I use Express VPN and NBC is perfect with it always has been past year :)

Changed my VPN to another one I had and it's now working perfectly after a bit of messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Yeah. It's rock solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys how are you getting the NBC Sports app?

My Fire TV is attached to my main Amazon account, do I need to change it's location? How does that impact the rest of my account?

I'm using PIA as my VPN, and its working fine on my laptop anyways, but I don't see the NBC Sports App when I search for it. I found someone with a backup of the APK but when I opened it I got a message that I didn't own this app and the only options was to close it.

Guys how are you getting the NBC Sports app?

My Fire TV is attached to my main Amazon account, do I need to change it's location? How does that impact the rest of my account?

I'm using PIA as my VPN, and its working fine on my laptop anyways, but I don't see the NBC Sports App when I search for it. I found someone with a backup of the APK but when I opened it I got a message that I didn't own this app and the only options was to close it.

You need to change your location on your amazon account and reboot your firestick, nbc sports app should then show up when you search on the firestick.
    Not sure what happens when you change the account back to Ireland, haven't done it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You need to change your location on your amazon account and reboot your firestick, nbc sports app should then show up when you search on the firestick.
    Not sure what happens when you change the account back to Ireland, haven't done it yet

Thanks!

It's taken me nearly all evening but I finally have it set up

Thanks!

Happy days!
    Watched both games tonight in great quality, buffer free. If it stays like this for the rest of the season it will be €9 well spent. Cheers to IrishHomer for the heads up

Thanks!

Happy days!
    Watched both games tonight in great quality, buffer free. If it stays like this for the rest of the season it will be €9 well spent. Cheers to IrishHomer for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Is it just me or does anyone else not like
    These firesticks ? I’m a total novice I’ll admit but have mine about a week and have few apps side loaded but good few times no links showing so having to try other apps . Did follow Tanya for tips but still not overly excited by what’s on offer to be honest . Had ordered 2nd but will prob sell both on adverts for what I paid incl parcel motel €40 (not 4K one )

shardylan wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else not like
    These firesticks ? I’m a total novice I’ll admit but have mine about a week and have few apps side loaded but good few times no links showing so having to try other apps . Did follow Tanya for tips but still not overly excited by what’s on offer to be honest . Had ordered 2nd but will prob sell both on adverts for what I paid incl parcel motel €40 (not 4K one )
    Once you get the hang of how it works it's a great piece of kit for the price. Have one in every room in the gaf apart from the jacks. I'd recommend watching techdoctoruk on YouTube to get the full use from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

There are issues with a couple of the apps this week, maybe that's why you weren't getting links. One of them at least seems to have sorted itself out.

I have a couple of 4K sticks and they're, faster than any comparably priced android boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

blastman wrote: »
    I have a couple of 4K sticks and they're faster than any comparably priced android boxes.

Thanks. How would you (or others?) say they compare with the (granted more expensive) MiBox or the chromecast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭andydurnin

I have been using firestick for over a year now, dont have sky or virgin media or any other tv provider. Everyone in house is happy and save a fortune I can get all Irish channels rte 1& 2, virgin channels, BBC channels, itv, channel 4, channel 5, got a few apps such as tubi that can get a few American programs. i also got Netflix and amazon prime on it. All legal.
    MOD EDIT: NO SELLING PERMITTED

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement