Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

andydurnin wrote: »
    I have been using firestick for over a year now, dont have sky or virgin media or any other tv provider. Everyone in house is happy and save a fortune I can get all Irish channels rte 1& 2, virgin channels, BBC channels, itv, channel 4, channel 5, got a few apps such as tubi that can get a few American programs. i also got Netflix and amazon prime on it. All legal.
    If anyone wants me to sell them a fire stick fully loaded with all apps fully working on it, then just PM me and I can sell you one.

How are you getting the Irish channels? I have RTE player but it has only catch up and no live channel

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

south wrote: »
    No joy for me using the same thing. Keeps coming up "unable to play this asset"

Same for me last night , Im using IPVanish and had my location set to US

Ill have another go the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

shardylan wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else not like
    These firesticks ? I’m a total novice I’ll admit but have mine about a week and have few apps side loaded but good few times no links showing so having to try other apps . Did follow Tanya for tips but still not overly excited by what’s on offer to be honest . Had ordered 2nd but will prob sell both on adverts for what I paid incl parcel motel €40 (not 4K one )

For the ability to watch YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4 & Channel 5 on one app, I feel it's revolutionised how I watch TV and consume video content. I eventually ended up cancelling Sky as I had everything I needed on the stick. The only thing I needed to pay for was a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Both firesticks are reduced on Amazon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

List: £49.99
    Deal Price: £39.99 & FREE Delivery . Delivery Details
    You Save: £10.00 (20%)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

tech wrote: »
    List: £49.99
    Deal Price: £39.99 & FREE Delivery . Delivery Details
    You Save: £10.00 (20%)

Bought 2 yesterday. I know it can be cheaper on prime day but £20 saving it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Jofspring wrote: »
    Bought 2 yesterday. I know it can be cheaper on prime day but £20 saving it's well worth it.

I did the exact same,
    Currys were €104 delivered,
    Amazon+Addresspal = €92

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

£19.99 for regular firestick

No point in getting a 4K one if it’s for a regular 1080hd tv I guess??

Or will the 4K one give a better stream (speed wise)?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I use Express VPN and NBC is perfect with it always has been past year :)

What region do you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

vicwatson wrote: »
    £19.99 for regular firestick

No point in getting a 4K one if it’s for a regular 1080hd tv I guess??

Or will the 4K one give a better stream (speed wise)?

Get the 4k. Much faster - will prob be supported for longer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

We have a fire stick and one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KV9C8LY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1WTRPEUS3HS9R&psc=1 for all the regular channels. It just sits behind tV, works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

maxsmum wrote: »
    We have a fire stick and one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KV9C8LY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1WTRPEUS3HS9R&psc=1 for all the regular channels. It just sits behind tV, works great.

Where are you in Ireland? What channels do you pick up?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Where are you in Ireland? What channels do you pick up?

Dublin, all the irish digital ones and the radio stations
    So rte , virgin media, rte junior, an rte news channel, can't remember what else offhand. Loads of radio stations. It just plugs in back of tv and it says to put it on a window but we didn't bother. It's very neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dublin, all the irish digital ones and the radio stations
    So rte , virgin media, rte junior, an rte news channel, can't remember what else offhand. Loads of radio stations. It just plugs in back of tv and it says to put it on a window but we didn't bother. It's very neat.

So you use it to get terrestrial TV. What app do you use?

TheDriver wrote: »
    So you use it to get terrestrial TV. What app do you use?

No app, it goes in back of TV and if i remember correctly the tV auto tuned them in. You have a tV guide built in too, it's an LG smart TV. Handy but we use the internet TV more often so it's just for the odd rugby match or whatever is on terrestrial TV

No app, it goes in back of TV and if i remember correctly the tV auto tuned them in. You have a tV guide built in too, it's an LG smart TV. Handy but we use the internet TV more often so it's just for the odd rugby match or whatever is on terrestrial TV

My misunderstanding, I thought you were using the firestick to get terrestrial channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Sorry, I know this was discussed before but if someone could give me a concise, definitive steps for getting Premiership matches I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Sorry, I know this was discussed before but if someone could give me a concise, definitive steps for getting Premiership matches I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Pa.

Sky.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Sky.ie

Well played sir, well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

We have a fire stick and one of these for all the regular channels. It just sits behind tV, works great.

I have one of these, bought from adverts. I get all Irish channels, like RTE 1, 2 VM channels and many radio channels. I had to stick it on to my window, didn't work if I put in behind the TV.

I'm going to close up shop here and point you to a suitable similar thread in the android foum

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113781392#post113781392

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement