Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I switched my location to uk to get the prime working. But seems to blocked me from buying anything on Amazon uk. Is there a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

beauf wrote: »
    I switched my location to uk to get the prime working. But seems to blocked me from buying anything on Amazon uk. Is there a solution?
    You need a vpn. UK prime is different from persuading c5, BBC, itv that you're in UK. Read back a few pages if you need VPN advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any idea when these might be on sale again?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any idea when these might be on sale again?

Prime day in July.

Prime day in July.

Thanks! What date is that do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Prime day in July.

According to a few articles online this might be delayed until September. Could be rubbish though.

Jofspring wrote: »
    According to a few articles online this might be delayed until September. Could be rubbish though.

Do you have to be a prime member to access the deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,878 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Do you have to be a prime member to access the deals?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

batistuta9 wrote: »
    that's my understanding of it, otherwise it's free access to live sport but IrishHomer say just an account is working, though he previously had an active fubo sub. So don't pay anything extra yet.
    i'm going to wait until wednesday & try with the login or a free trial from either fubo, hulu etc.

if you've an account setup already, try to watch something live on the app from either nbcsn or nbc.

here the list of fixtures on each channel/service. only 7/32 with gold
    https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/06/12/nbc-sports-premier-league-schedule-released/

you know it's geolocked?

That's why I use a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Prime Day is always in July, but it may (like a lot of things) be delayed because of COVID-19. It would seem a strange thing to do from a branding perspective as they own that day and its linked with July, but anything is possible I guess. What would also make me doubt a move from July is the proximity of Sept. to Black Friday but again, anything is possible.

A company the size of amazon would have forecasted stock for July/Prime Day a long way out. I know online purchasing has gone through the roof with people WFH so that may affect it, but I personally can't see them moving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

I've got the non 4k fire stick, replaced a Chromecast with it. I find it great while using it for apps, much prefer it to cast from an app on my phone.

However, there is still the odd time I find myself needing to cast to the TV, mostly local content saved on my phone.

I downloaded allcast, but when I open the app and go to library, it just keeps saying loading.

Anybody got any suggestions, or other recommendations for casting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cletus wrote: »
    I've got the non 4k fire stick, replaced a Chromecast with it. I find it great while using it for apps, much prefer it to cast from an app on my phone.

However, there is still the odd time I find myself needing to cast to the TV, mostly local content saved on my phone.

I downloaded allcast, but when I open the app and go to library, it just keeps saying loading.

Anybody got any suggestions, or other recommendations for casting?

Localcast works reasonably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Did you try screen mirroring?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is the WiFi poor on the 4k firestick or am i just unlucky? Can anyone recommend an ethernet adapter for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got the RTE player bbc I player itv hub all inside one filelinked account the pin for it is 71607934

Scroll down every app needed there.

Is eir sports tv app available on the 4k stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭tech

Hi is there much in getting all these players working on the fire stick?
    but1er wrote: »
    Got the RTE player bbc I player itv hub all inside one filelinked account the pin for it is 71607934

Scroll down every app needed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is the WiFi poor on the 4k firestick or am i just unlucky? Can anyone recommend an ethernet adapter for it?

I have the 4k and the old one, never really have any issues with them. I have noticed it buffers a bit if there are lots of people in the house even if they're not on my wifi, but otherwise it's usually fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

lertsnim wrote: »

The WiFi was fine on mine but my speed is only 3mb so I bought the official Ethernet adapter from Amazon so I could hardwire it. It's doing a great job. Was £12.99 but worth it for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

I had WiFi issues on 4k streaming iirc.

Re the adaptor, I would second getting the official one. I had another and it didn't work quite right - used to lose connection randomly. and I had to buy a separate connector for power passthrough also to try the non official.

Also make sure you've plugged it in with the official power plug and cable (old tip from an original firestick) and don't run off TV power usb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Is eir sports tv app available on the 4k stick?

I sideloaded it from my phone.. It boots up and says it will not work without Google play but it actually works OK. Need mouse toggle app to use it.. You can only register 2 mobile devices to use eir app..

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

tech wrote: »
    Hi is there much in getting all these players working on the fire stick?

Should be linked in sticky first faq post

Follow https://youtu.be/exNioWxsIII

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

headnorth wrote: »

Saw that, hoping 4k gets discounted soon, I've an alert set up to pull the trigger

Is it worth getting the ethernet adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No. I am using without any issues.
    Is it worth getting the ethernet adapter?

patq16 wrote: »
    I sideloaded it from my phone.. It boots up and says it will not work without Google play but it actually works OK. Need mouse toggle app to use it.. You can only register 2 mobile devices to use eir app..

Is it possible to explain how to a newbie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Is it possible to explain how to a newbie :)

If you have the eir app on your phone.. I'm on Android.So not sure about Ios . Download an app called Easy Fire Tools from the playstore on your phone. . This allows you to send apps from your phone to the firestick. You need to connect this app to the firestick. Both your phone and firestick need to be on the same wifi. There are loads of tutorials on YouTube if you get stuck.. They show what settings you need to have turned on in the firestick for them to work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

patq16 wrote: »
    If you have the eir app on your phone.. I'm on Android.So not sure about Ios . Download an app called Easy Fire Tools from the playstore on your phone. . This allows you to send apps from your phone to the firestick. You need to connect this app to the firestick. Both your phone and firestick need to be on the same wifi. There are loads of tutorials on YouTube if you get stuck.. They show what settings you need to have turned on in the firestick for them to work together.

You can also mirror from your phone running the eir tv app to the firestick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bobgaf

Amazon have dropped the price of their 4K Fire TV stick to £39.99.
    Standard version is £19.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement