Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have USA NBC sports pass for US golf and a premier league pass. Incredible value and pictures compared to Sky.

It's even in 4k and it's €60 for the year soccer and 45 for golf all legit

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have USA NBC sports pass for US golf and a premier league pass. Incredible value and pictures compared to Sky.

Do you not need a USA address to register for that ?

settopbox wrote: »
    Do you not need a USA address to register for that ?

Yes any us address will do, I also had to quote a us tv provider I just selected fubo tv and I set up a fake fubo tv account also

Yes any us address will do, I also had to quote a us tv provider I just selected fubo tv and I set up a fake fubo tv account also

It was well worth it. Picture quality is amazing and they show every game you can select any game you want all UK commentators too

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

[/I]
    It was well worth it. Picture quality is amazing and they show every game you can select any game you want all UK commentators too

Did you sideload the app or is available from Amazon store? Looks likethe soccer is $9.99 until end of July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Just tried that and works a treat .

I set it up using NordVPN and used a cracked UK SkyGo account .
    Working really well .
    I'll try to post a few pics later .

Are you using the 4K firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Do you have to VPN a US address when watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Working really well .
    IrlJidel wrote: »
    Lucky you - I tried Skygo 14.1.1 and when it starts I just get a bluescreen with a connection error.
    bromley52 wrote: »
    Are you using the 4K firestick?

I've been scouring the web and everyone else has same issue. What exact FireOS version are you running on the firestick - you seem to be the only one who got it to work for some reason. Anything else special about your setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Working really well .

Do you have the sky go apk that you used for it? I tried setting it up using the link on this thread and it won't download.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

I'm using the 4K Fire TV.
    Diamond-shaped dingle thingy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Tried to side-load it - and it just opens and crashes - so no-go afaik.

EDIT: you could try https://www.techymice.com/firestick/install-sky-go-on-firestick-2020/ but think only UK works - maybe if you set your vpn to Uk? lets us know if it works.

tried to download the apk but it refuses to browse to the location
    tried with VPN on and off both fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

RelievedFearfulBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Yes that's what I'm using , bought it in Germany 2 years ago .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

I was onto surfshark and they said to disable content control on modem cos they could be blocking VPN. Has anyone had this issue

Did you manage to get this sorted?

I just got my firestick today and it won't let me access iPlayer. Getting the error 02001 - something went wrong loading this programme.

Anyone else have this issue on using Surfshark VPN?

Edit- Looks like the same story with Netflix for me...

F*cks sake...

Yes that's what I'm using , bought it in Germany 2 years ago .

For the benefit of other users what exact version of FireOs you running? Im running latest (6.2.7.1 NS6271/2495) on FireStick 4k and it doesnt work.

If you update your FireOs - SkyGo may stop working.

mccard wrote: »
    Do you have to VPN a US address when watching?

Yes, I use Express VPN I select USA, California

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Yes, I use Express VPN I select USA, California
    How would I get the NBC Sports app installed on my fire tv? Got the subscription no problem. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi,

Can someone please explain this to me?!

I have an Amazon prime video account but when I try to access any video on my Firestick, it won't let me watch it? It prompts me to buy a new season?!

I know others have mentioned getting Amazon to change your location to the UK but I HAVE an Irish account & am able to watch Irish content on my phone but not on the Firestick?

Am I missing something here?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hi,

Can someone please explain this to me?!

I have an Amazon prime video account but when I try to access any video on my Firestick, it won't let me watch it? It prompts me to buy a new season?!

I know others have mentioned getting Amazon to change your location to the UK but I HAVE an Irish account & am able to watch Irish content on my phone but not on the Firestick?

Am I missing something here?!

There is a YouTube video from an Irish lad that shows a work around. Think you download the app from Aptoide on the stick.

For whatever reason you can't watch Amazon prime video on a Firestick in Ireland even though you have an Irish sub. It's crazy to be honest. There are a few people that it works for no problem but the vast majority can't watch it unless they switch to UK or use the work around.

Edit: https://youtu.be/Qtbud1W8_IA

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    How would I get the NBC Sports app installed on my fire tv? Got the subscription no problem. Thanks for that.

https://playmo.tv/2017/03/how-to-install-apps-from-different-regions-on-the-amazon-fire-tv/

You can also get unofficial apks just Google

Worked a treat, thanks. Quality is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Worked a treat, thanks. Quality is unreal.

Did you have any trouble changing back to uk for prime tv again.

lukeeman wrote: »
    Did you have any trouble changing back to uk for prime tv again.
    It fcuked up the family prime that I was sharing with a family member, but I should be able to fix that when I get time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How are finding SurfShark VPN?

KeepSolid VPN appears to be cheap aiso but I wonder if there are speed issues.
    ..... Facepalm....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Does anyone have trouble with their firestick constantly dropping connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I've had that issue for the past week with a 4k stick. Have it about two months now & occasionally it would drop the connection. Its in the same room as the router with a direct line of sight. Last week though it started to lose the connection regularly. Could be watching something & gone. Reboot, reset network etc & same thing.
    I've got a loan of an amazon ethernet connector & no issues now.
    I've also got a standard firestick in another room & no issues at all over WiFi.
    From Internet searches it appears to be a common issue.
    I haven't come across a fix for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Nope.
    Working fabulously. I got it 4 weeks ago and since then not using my smart TV anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've had a few issues that I thought were network related. Last night for example it was giving the message that it couldn't connect to the servers. Do a quick search and there can be various different reasons for it. One that wasn't mentioned was turning off a VPN if you have it running and 'voila' back in business.

I've had a few times now where Express VPN has seemingly caused it to stop working or to affect the YouTube app for example. Turning Express VPN off and back on seems to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement