Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a good wireless keyboard for the FS?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

ooter wrote: »
    slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a good wireless keyboard for the FS?

FireTVSticks recommends the WeChip Air Mouse Remote with Keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjKhrengVU&t=507s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cyberflix stopped working- 'no data'.

Anyone received this & any idea how to solve it? I'll probably re-install but just checking first...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cyberflix stopped working- 'no data'.

Anyone received this & any idea how to solve it? I'll probably re-install but just checking first...

Stopped a few wks ago for me, just deleted and use cinema now..

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Has anyone managed to get SkyGo running on the Firestick yet ?

• Advertisement

tech wrote: »
    Have a look at this site, Mcnmedia.tv think they have an app mcn live also

Thanks - in the end I used bookmarker app to make a 'shortcut' to churchservices.tv 'what on now' section. Give them 2 more weeks and they'll be asking me how to torrent down the entire 'Glenroe' back-archive. :)

Has anyone managed to get SkyGo running on the Firestick yet ?

Tried to side-load it - and it just opens and crashes - so no-go afaik.

EDIT: you could try https://www.techymice.com/firestick/install-sky-go-on-firestick-2020/ but think only UK works - maybe if you set your vpn to Uk? lets us know if it works.

Just tried that and works a treat .

I set it up using NordVPN and used a cracked UK SkyGo account .
    Working really well .
    I'll try to post a few pics later .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Looking forward to getting my Firestick from Curry's next week. Lots of great advice and tips on here on set up.

Got a good deal on a VPN at Surfshark, 42 euro for 2 years. Bit more expensive than Getflix but excellent reviews on thatoneprivacyguy site. Just tried it on iPlayer last night and works like a dream. Can't believe I didn't do it sooner!

Referral link posted below if anyone is interested:

https://surfshark.club/friend/bQk33QKL?locale=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Looking forward to getting my Firestick from Curry's next week. Lots of great advice and tips on here on set up.

Got a good deal on a VPN at Surfshark, 42 euro for 2 years. Bit more expensive than Getflix but excellent reviews on thatoneprivacyguy site. Just tried it on iPlayer last night and works like a dream. Can't believe I didn't do it sooner!

Referral link posted below if anyone is interested:

https://surfshark.club/friend/bQk33QKL?locale=en

If you had used topcashback you could have got 70% back of that €42.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »

..... Facepalm....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have just opened Topcashback account. The price is still €42 on chevk out via topcashback. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have just opened Topcashback account. The price is still €42 on chevk out via topcashback. Am I doing something wrong?

You get the cashback after. It doesn't come off the amount you pay now.

Screenshot-20200607-160244-Chrome.jpg

It's not a instant cashback. It takes couple of months for the cashback to arrive in your topcashback account. I got the surfshark cashback early this year.

Create a topcashback account before you do anything. Make sure to go to surfshark from topcasback link and also make sure you are not blocking any cookies (thats how they track your purchase)

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/surfshark/

After the purchase, it should show up in your topcashback account, may not be instant.

Just in case if it didnt register in your topcashback, you can cancel the subscription, get the refund and try again.

It just works if you dont have browser extensions like, adblock, noscript etc not installed.

..... Facepalm....

;)

You can still cancel the subscription, get the refund then buy again with a different email id through cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you so much for the explanation.
    I have opened a Topcashback account now only. Never used it before.
    I see few Irish sites also Topcashback. Does it really work? And are there any hidden charges using Topcashback?
    It's not a instant cashback. It takes couple of months for the cashback to arrive in your topcashback account. I got the surfshark cashback early this year.

Create a topcashback account before you do anything. Make sure to go to surfshark from topcasback link and also make sure you are not blocking any cookies (thats how they track your purchase)

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/surfshark/

After the purchase, it should show up in your topcashback account, may not be instant.

Just in case if it didnt register in your topcashback, you can cancel the subscription, get the refund and try again.

It just works if you dont have browser extensions like, adblock, noscript etc not installed.

Thank you so much for the explanation.
    I have opened a Topcashback account now only. Never used it before.
    I see few Irish sites also Topcashback. Does it really work? And are there any hidden charges using Topcashback?

It works, no hidden charges. Its just that it takes time, at least couple of months, well that was in my case anyway.

Once the money is available to be transferred you can get vouchers of sites like amazon etc or you can get money through your paypal account. I transferred to my paypal account and it was for surfshark as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

When I go to pay by PayPal I am charged vat . When I go to pay by card it defaults to 0% vat. Is it okay to pay by card at that rate. Will it still work in Ireland or be blocked

Its ok to pay by card, it will work fine from anywhere in the world.

Its ok to pay by card, it will work fine from anywhere in the world.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just got surfshark. BBC iPlayer working perfectly on phone but not on firestick . Netflix us not working on either. when I open Netflix when connected to us Boston I still get Netflix Ireland. Have done a force shutdown on Netflix app but still the same. Any ideas.

Just got connected to us Netflix .but nothing will play. Just checked speed on Netflix and it's down to 2.5 from 50

KeepSolid works perfectly for me. NetFlix/BBC/Cackle etc

GIFTFORDAD15 gets you 15% off - so lifetime only $33.15 (~30euro)

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

IrlJidel wrote: »
    KeepSolid works perfectly for me. NetFlix/BBC/Cackle etc

GIFTFORDAD15 gets you 15% off - so lifetime only $33.15 (~30euro)

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

I used windscribe free this morning and everything worked fine but only 10gb allowance. Bought surfshark and nothing works now

Just got connected to us Netflix .but nothing will play. Just checked speed on Netflix and it's down to 2.5 from 50

It works fine for me on the phone. Connected to US Netflix and playing away.

Haven't got my firestick yet so can't comment... Hoping it does work though!

Just tried that and works a treat .

I set it up using NordVPN and used a cracked UK SkyGo account .
    Working really well .
    I'll try to post a few pics later .

Hmm the download url doesnt seem to be working now. You still have the apk?

I was onto surfshark and they said to disable content control on modem cos they could be blocking VPN. Has anyone had this issue

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Hmm the download url doesnt seem to be working now. You still have the apk?

SkyGo working

SkyGo working

Lucky you - I tried Skygo 14.1.1 and when it starts I just get a bluescreen with a connection error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

I was onto surfshark and they said to disable content control on modem cos they could be blocking VPN. Has anyone had this issue

Mine works fine through surfshark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement