Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Have the following scans on an item I'm expecting;

03/06/2020 - 12:26:03 We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested.
    04/06/2020 - 08:18:41 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 12:22:35 Your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols.
    04/06/2020 - 16:06:49 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:07:11 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:09:47 This parcel has been reported as Damaged. We will contact the sender to confirm the delivery.

Baffled - there's be someone home all day, no callers, and, had a Fastway delivery on Tuesday with no issues
    Few more tracking updates on this;
    11/06/2020 - 19:50:39 We're trying to deliver this parcel but need some additional information. Please contact us via the support button below and provide an updated address and phone number so we can deliver your parcel.
    12/06/2020 - 19:27:14 We're trying to deliver this parcel but need some additional information. Please contact us via the support button below and provide an updated address and phone number so we can deliver your parcel.
    15/06/2020 - 12:02:06 We are unable to deliver the parcel due a problem with the address details provided. Please contact your local depot for further information.
    15/06/2020 - 12:02:16 This parcel has been reported as Damaged. We will contact the sender to confirm the delivery.

I've used the Support button (appears to be the only way to get in contact with them) on the 4th & 12th of June with zero response. I've emailed the Retailer (ChainReactionCycles) who have said to allow a maximum of 5 working days to hear back and nothing from them since either. Seems my only option now is to try a chargeback with my bank. First issue I've had with Fastway, but, it's turned me off using them and any company that uses them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CRC got blacklisted when they moved to Fastfail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Will be for me also. They've resent but used Fastway again so I have little hope they'll arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

ED E wrote: »
    CRC got blacklisted when they moved to Fastfail.

What do you mean?

I bought a bike from CRC last week. It was shipped on the 16th from Belfast and in Fastway depot Northern Ireland East and going to Meath - just over an hour away.

Two days later it goes to Fastway North East (Ardee) and the tracking gets updated "We are unable to deliver the consignment as it exceeds our size and/or weight limits"

and then

"The parcel has been returned to sender".

Absolutely shocking service as these are the couriers for CRC?????? How is a hardtail mountain bike too heavy when they are the couriers for a bike chain CRC???

So angry and cannot contact Fastway or Chain Reaction

Absolutely horrendous company. Just found out the bike they were supposed to deliver is half the weight limit and well within measurement limits. They simply couldn't be bothered delivering it.

Who do I contact about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

neeb03 wrote: »
    Absolutely horrendous company. Just found out the bike they were supposed to deliver is half the weight limit and well within measurement limits. They simply couldn't be bothered delivering it.

Who do I contact about this?

Honestly? Your best bet is the local medium.

Why is there no regulator for these people?

neeb03 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I bought a bike from CRC last week. It was shipped on the 16th from Belfast and in Fastway depot Northern Ireland East and going to Meath - just over an hour away.

Two days later it goes to Fastway North East (Ardee) and the tracking gets updated "We are unable to deliver the consignment as it exceeds our size and/or weight limits"

and then

"The parcel has been returned to sender".

Absolutely shocking service as these are the couriers for CRC?????? How is a hardtail mountain bike too heavy when they are the couriers for a bike chain CRC???

So angry and cannot contact Fastway or Chain Reaction

As in I'll never shop with CRC or any retailer that uses Fastcnuts. Vote with your wallet, that's the regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

ED E wrote: »
    As in I'll never shop with CRC or any retailer that uses Fastcnuts. Vote with your wallet, that's the regulator.

I would agree with you but not much point if you don’t also email CRC customer care and tell them why you will no longer shop with them. If enough people do that they will eventually listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

The more people the better who stop shopping from merchants who use fastway all because it’s the cheaper option..
    email customer services and explain why. I doubt it would affect the large retailer but definitely the smaller independent seller might think twice about using them if enough people stopped buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I experience nothing but problems from fastway. The fastway driver for the area knows the locality well and has been about many times for a few years. He knows now that there's several different households with the same surname. He leaves packages into the wrong house, at all times. I had a person from the other household drop a package into me. He then said that he has packages for the other 2 households.

Its the most laziest of lazy type of delivery and that's all it is.

I had a parcel go astray last winter on me and it went into the other household. It was a bad week for me and I ended up kicking up a bit of a fuss. I got onto the shop I ordered from and explained to them that the tracking information says its delivered but I got no delivery. I knew damn well where my order was but that's beside the point. I was looking for the shop that I ordered from to rectify it and it led to a wild duck chase for my parcel. The lad I was talking to in the shop got onto the courier company who sent the driver out again to pick up the package where he left it and deliver it to me. The man had a dirty cheek to say he left in my cousins house. For crying out loud, we have the same surname and he pursued we were cousins and he left it with them. The ignorant pr1ck. The package was addressed to me with my Eircode.

It did sort things for a while and now it appears as if he's gone back to his old ways with the last few deliveries.

Just after getting an email saying I have an online order on the way to me with FASTWAY. It would be great if he could manage to deliver it probably but I don't have faith in them. I will probably end up getting my package eventually but it will be a second hand delivery. Fcuk it at this stage, I'm going to start milking the fastway fcukups and request for a refund for non delivery of goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pineapples101

Hi,

I need to return a PC monitor in it's original cardboard/polystyrene packaging to England/laptopsdirect. W106 cm x H64 cm x L28 cm. I guessed the weight was just below 20 KG but I paid for 30KG anyway.

I’ve never used a currier service before so while i'm still waiting 7 days* for them to pick up the parcel from my house, I have since realised their parcel limit size guide is W80 cm x H40 cm x L40 cm.

I have two concerns, it the currier arrives to pick up the parcel, is it likely he’ll refuse to take the parcel? Or, if he does take it, how much roughly do you think a surcharge would be for surpassing their size limit?

I paid 40 euro for it to be collected, if I have to pay an extra 10 euro due to excess size, i don’t mind, but if they add another 100 euro or something crazy then, well that might cause me some unwanted stress!

Just reaching out to see if anyone has ever had to pay a surcharge before that is similar to my predicament.

*I’ll worry about the 7 days collection overdue for another day. Calling them is impossible it would seem.

Most likely they will never collect it.

Get onto them for a refund and send it with AnPost. It wont be cheap I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hi,

I need to return a PC monitor in it's original cardboard/polystyrene packaging to England/laptopsdirect. W106 cm x H64 cm x L28 cm. I guessed the weight was just below 20 KG but I paid for 30KG anyway.

I’ve never used a currier service before so while i'm still waiting 7 days* for them to pick up the parcel from my house, I have since realised their parcel limit size guide is W80 cm x H40 cm x L40 cm.

I have two concerns, it the currier arrives to pick up the parcel, is it likely he’ll refuse to take the parcel? Or, if he does take it, how much roughly do you think a surcharge would be for surpassing their size limit?

I paid 40 euro for it to be collected, if I have to pay an extra 10 euro due to excess size, i don’t mind, but if they add another 100 euro or something crazy then, well that might cause me some unwanted stress!

Just reaching out to see if anyone has ever had to pay a surcharge before that is similar to my predicament.

*I’ll worry about the 7 days collection overdue for another day. Calling them is impossible it would seem.

If the item has a fault laptopsdirect should arrange and pay for the return. You only pay if its a change of mind etc. If thats the case maybe better off trying to resell it on adverts at a small loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pineapples101

Thanks, I want to return monitor as unwanted, so it’s not broken. Laptopdirect have offered a refund but I have to pay for my own courier.

Laptopdirect had requested the courier tracking id, so they’ll see the parcel is still in my house. I think it has to get to them in 14 days from the time they accepted my return request. I’m guessing they might have some grace period due to any covid19 induced delays but we’ll see. I should probably give them a call to see where I stand.

My plan B is to use Adverts.ie but I hate all this hassle. I don’t want to pay another courier while I’ve already paid 40 euro to parcel connect. Without any means of communication it’s a shame they’ve left me second guessing if they’ll ever show up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi All

I want to return something using Parcel Connect and the page won’t open it says not secure, certification ran out yesterday.

What does this mean?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Oh my lord. next day delivery seems like a foreign concept.

Also, reading the Eircode and going to said house, rather than yoyo'ing up and down the road also double dutch.

When they find said house, they leave in random spot rather than ringing doorbell.

Has occurred 3 times now (all of the above) and good luck getting an apology from them or the company's that use them. Awful.

In short, don't pay for next day delivery.

They are a real race to the bottom outfit. They were bad years ago but now they are the stuff of nightmares. If you have tracking from the sites you ordered from go in and check , bet you signed for those 3 deliveries unbeknown to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

We've stopped ordering from anybody using Fastway or Nightline, as it's not worth the hassle getting the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Fastway were dropping my stuff in a Filling Station miles away I only picked them up by pure chance when I met one of the employees one day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye Fastway are a disaster. They honestly do not care about customer service either. They used to be better but have gone downhill big time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 March2323

It is baffling how they are still in business, lost 90 euro worth of clothes, admitted they lost packet customer service is appalling and they recommend you just contact the original retailer. They seem to take no responsibility for their shoddy service.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

I think it is a hit and miss. Our area depot is run well imo and our delivery driver was dependable so far. Only the sorting hub „lost“ my parcel a few months ago. They never send it to the area depot and the tracking just stopped.
    I sorted out a refund with the retailer. I’ve no idea if the parcel got returned to the retailer, but I guess it‘s his decision in the first place, which courier he uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

March2323 wrote: »
    It is baffling how they are still in business, lost 90 euro worth of clothes, admitted they lost packet customer service is appalling and they recommend you just contact the original retailer. They seem to take no responsibility for their shoddy service.

They are right about contacting the original retailer. It's the retailer who hired them, not you. You have no contract with Fastway. It's up to the retailer to sort out the problem. The retailer chase them, it's not something you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Truckermal wrote: »
    Fastway were dropping my stuff in a Filling Station miles away I only picked them up by pure chance when I met one of the employees one day!

I think this is pure laziness. They’ve done this to me also. Bring it to me, don’t leave if somewhere for me to go and get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I had one drop my package to a different road with a similar name and I couldn't figure out what the story was. When the person at the house called my number from the package we figured it out, but I contacted fastway pretending I didn't know...

The hoops I had to jump through to get them to go back and f'kin finish the job. It was a very large box, if I didn't have a car I wouldn't have been able to collect it. As it was, I just didn't think I should have to, because I paid for delivery and it was left incomplete.

I got the package that evening after considerable effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

March2323 wrote: »

They are still in business because people aren't willing to pay the true cost of delivery so these companies bid low and pay their drivers crap money, which is why all the courier companies are the same. Till people are willing to pay the correct price for delivery we'll continue to get monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

They are a real race to the bottom outfit. They were bad years ago but now they are the stuff of nightmares. If you have tracking from the sites you ordered from go in and check , bet you signed for those 3 deliveries unbeknown to yourself.

all couriers sign for you now during covid ,scanners not to be handed to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

hurikane wrote: »
    I think this is pure laziness. They’ve done this to me also. Bring it to me, don’t leave if somewhere for me to go and get.

I'd go and get it and also claim not to have received it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are still in business because people aren't willing to pay the true cost of delivery so these companies bid low and pay their drivers crap money, which is why all the courier companies are the same. Till people are willing to pay the correct price for delivery we'll continue to get monkeys.

Often fastway don't use employees while other companies do. Your fastway deliveries are made by the lowest bidder with a van.

Advertisement