Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kilburn wrote: »
    Based on volume though ?

Even at €7.....

Pay driver Driver to collect
    Pay people to Handle shipment in warehouse.
    Pay truck to trunk to hub
    Pay to handle in warehouse
    Pay delivery driver
    Drivers pay for van, franchise, diesel, insurance, tax, tyres, servicing.....and a wage?

I think the Fastway model was €16K to buy in, plus they take a percentage of the total delivery rate. Open to correction on that. I have been there - it looks good on paper, but you have to do 100's of deliveries to make any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,934 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kilburn wrote: »
    Based on volume though ?

There pricing model has sunk over the years, when they first came around they were brilliant I thought. It used to be mainly national they did, and the service was really good. Drivers were decent and seemed to like the job.
    They have adapted to the market but have placed themselves as the bottom of the barrell with pricing and the service now reflects that.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eskerman

whiterebel wrote: »
    Great conspiracy theory, but no
    UPS (American) bought Nightline who started Parcel Motel.
    Fastway (Irish) own Parcel Connect. Fastway is set up as a franchise operation
    DPD have ParcelWizard and are a German company.
    GLS are a German company
    FedEx are American and bought the Dutch company TNT a couple of years ago. UPS were stopped buying TNT by the EU as it would create a monopoly. UPS are now suing the EU for billions, after they allowed the sale to FedEx
    DHL are owned by Deutsche Post, the German post office.

There is no great mystery. Couriers/delivery firms did most of their work for companies, and didn't deliver to private addresses. Didn't want to either, too messy. No-one home, so no signatures.
    It didn't pay you to go to Youghal with one delivery from Cork, so they started looking for other work. Online shopping went wild, and they were in to massive contracts which included home deliveries. A race to the bottom started, with people not caring as long as they got "free" shipping. Nothing is free, as you can see from the shambles that is there today.
    Drivers trying to deliver hundreds of packages a day, at rates you wouldn't believe (I heard one case of €2 per delivery whether it was 1 or 21 boxes!!! And that was a while ago, its probably cheaper now). They get one attempt at a delivery, hence packages thrown over walls, and into wheelie bins. I'm not saying its right, but this is what the market has driven it to.

Thanks for the information and I wasn't eluding to conspiracy theory per say and its normal practice for companies to buy or merge with competitors - money talks always and there are many monopoly's running in Ireland

It is a race to the bottom for sure and that normal ends up bd for the consumer and ultimately for the company because when your on the bottom price range - you will struggle to move it up - market forces in our globalised economy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Expecting delivery from Fastway today. Nothing arrived. But website says parcel delivered and signed for at 7pm tonight. I guess driver wanted to be paid and lied and I may get the delivery in the morning. Of course I contacted the sender about this as it's not the first time it has happened. Annoying though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

One day wouldn’t make much difference to them getting paid. I’d be checking bins, over fences and next door. I’d also advise the sender that it’s marked as delivered, but you didn’t get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eskerman

Well I have exhausted couriers - tried Parcel Direct who sub contact to GLS - and the item was to be collected next day - I paid for next day collection and nobody turned up - and then I was told it would be collected the following day and was told that couldn’t be guaranteed -

Cancelled the order - asked for a refund.

Went online to An Ppst - dropped the parcel to local PO and it was delivered next day - no issues and great service

I will never use a courier service again - an post all the way and yes it was a little more expensive but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

eskerman wrote: »
    Well I have exhausted couriers - tried Parcel Direct who sub contact to GLS - and the item was to be collected next day - I paid for next day collection and nobody turned up - and then I was told it would be collected the following day and was told that couldn’t be guaranteed -

Went online to An Ppst - dropped the parcel to local PO and it was delivered next day - no issues and great service

I will never use a courier service again - an post all the way and yes it was a little more expensive but well worth it

GLS are in the same league as Fastway...I have had their invisible driver in his invisible van call here at 9am now 3 days in a row leaving his invisible card after his silent "Delivery attempted".
    GLS are just a shower of chancers and liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

eskerman wrote: »

I had to do same the other day .. my parcel was eventually collected nearly two days late when I checked tracking following morning it still had no scans .. I was getting pissed so I went over to depot who had no record of my parcel arriving it turns out driver collected it on way home previous evening and had it the van with all his next day deliveries so wouldn’t have got its first scan till later following evening.
    So parcel I paid for to be collected Monday and was picked up Tuesday night and wouldn’t have got to customer till Thursday or Friday ..
    I eventually got it off the driver and posted it and it arrived less than 24 hours later .
    Never again ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Flaccus wrote: »
    Expecting delivery from Fastway today. Nothing arrived. But website says parcel delivered and signed for at 7pm tonight. I guess driver wanted to be paid and lied and I may get the delivery in the morning. Of course I contacted the sender about this as it's not the first time it has happened. Annoying though.

It turned up this morning at 7.30am outside doorstep. In fairness Fastway did get back to me and gave me the name and mobile number of the driver to contact.

Another delivery marked as delivered and signed for today and not a sign of it. So I sent an email this evening once again. I expect it could be dropped Saturday morning or Monday but if their customer service get back to me before that happens with the drivers number, I will be having words. Although that probably would not motivate him to deliver it. I guess if it turns out to be the same guy I will try to make a complaint officially.

<edit> No sign of parcel today, still marked as delivered by Fastway, depot not opened Saturday, email sent. I expect lazy bastid driver has it in his van and will turn up Monday. I will be up early and this time will ask him why the parcel was marked as delivered on Friday.

In the end it's the sellers responsibility to get parcel to me and take the appropriate insurance out. Goods are worth nearly 700 euro. I had no say in what delivery service to use. I used paypal so any BS I can open a dispute but probably jumping the gun at this stage. Will be actively avoiding retailers that use these scumbags from now on</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Hi Guys - hoping for a bit of help here. Was supposed to have a parcel collected today by Fastway and surprise surprise no sign of them. Would anyone know how I can possibly get in touch? I have tried ringing which tells me to try the website where I can't find anything at all to actually contact them now....
    Really running out of patience as it's to collect a TV that they broke delivering and now I have no idea when they might actually turn up - purposely didn't leave the house for the full day in case they came but can't keep doing that so any way of contacting them would be really helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Hi Guys - hoping for a bit of help here. Was supposed to have a parcel collected today by Fastway and surprise surprise no sign of them. Would anyone know how I can possibly get in touch? I have tried ringing which tells me to try the website where I can't find anything at all to actually contact them now....
    Really running out of patience as it's to collect a TV that they broke delivering and now I have no idea when they might actually turn up - purposely didn't leave the house for the full day in case they came but can't keep doing that so any way of contacting them would be really helpful!

The online "contact us" form is the only way I've been able to get through to them but another user posted a contact number 01 4242 902 which appears to be the Ballymount depot (maybe is/has been the head office previously??).

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

was expecting a delivery today from Fastway here all day and it has just shown as being delivered and of course it's not,

Whats the chances it will land tomorrow ??

This no phone number to ring is a royal pith,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

eiei0 wrote: »
    was expecting a delivery today from Fastway here all day and it has just shown as being delivered and of course it's not,

Whats the chances it will land tomorrow ??

This no phone number to ring is a royal pith,

Nothing is going to change with these crooks until people stop using them completely and they go bang. Unfortunately it's a cheapest option business and they are the cheapest. Nobody wants to pay extra for delivery, therefore snakes like these survive.

Contact the retailer if you have an issue, the customer services to there customers is actually very good. They will never communicate with the end user.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Sent the seller an email and got a call today tracking has updated to damaged in transit and returned to sender, funny it was delivered on Friday and Monday it was damaged,

Anyway the seller is going to claim and resend I hope he doesn't use Fastway again,

The seller was saying he can't even get through to Fastway they wont answer the phones,
    rob316 wrote: »
    Contact the retailer if you have an issue, the customer services to there customers is actually very good. They will never communicate with the end user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

:(Bummer. Not to go against the grain but, I've found Fastway so Good ~ as an end customer: Super quick deliveries from cheerful drivers who, by their second arrival are yelling, " Alright, Stiggy?! ".

Naturally so, I assigned them to come and get, deliver a parcel for a fellow member on here. Did that yesterday. Paid by card. Have been waiting all day, having been told, by email, they'll collect today.

01 424 2902 (As left by " Fastway User ", above) got me a recorded message to say they'd shut for the day. Fair enough. They likely had by the time I called.

:eek: OMFG!!! And now, I've just checked an post. 11 yo! Fastway have charged me 15 and left me hanging! So, I'll probably never see their collection driver. I'll probably never manage to wrest a refund from them.

I'll drop this box off at the post office, next time I'm in town. And will suck up that This is what we've come to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Got 2 parcels delivered by them this morning and neither have been scanned at any point in their system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Out for delivery today.

Never turned up said unable to locate. Same fella does this always.

Wish they’d text or ring to say not coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Does anyone have any clue how to contact Fastway's South East depot (New Ross, I think). Their support email isn't being responded to, the email advertised on Facebook (info@fastway.ie) is no longer valid and the phone number on Google Maps for the depot is no longer connected. I've been waiting on a parcel since last week which every day is on their system stating I need to contact them to correct an address and yet no mechanism is available that allows me to do it, ARGH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Does anyone have any clue how to contact Fastway's South East depot (New Ross, I think). Their support email isn't being responded to, the email advertised on Facebook (info@fastway.ie) is no longer valid and the phone number on Google Maps for the depot is no longer connected. I've been waiting on a parcel since last week which every day is on their system stating I need to contact them to correct an address and yet no mechanism is available that allows me to do it, ARGH!!!

p: 051 445 854 f: 051 445595 e: admin.southeast@fastway.ie w: fastway.ie

Good luck! :eek:

Edit: The main man for Fastway South East is a Mr Willie Day. Hopt this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Sorry to say but I don’t think you have much hope contacting them. I emailed them so so many times and the number I found online for them never worked.

They are a total joke! I ordered stuff online last week and never came, contacted them company and asked who they used and when I heard Fastway I knew it wasn’t coming. Same old story again.... unable to locate address!!!! Have to question their drivers if they can’t find people’s addresses

Contact the retailer your contract is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have the following scans on an item I'm expecting;

03/06/2020 - 12:26:03 We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested.
    04/06/2020 - 08:18:41 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 12:22:35 Your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols.
    04/06/2020 - 16:06:49 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:07:11 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:09:47 This parcel has been reported as Damaged. We will contact the sender to confirm the delivery.

Baffled - there's be someone home all day, no callers, and, had a Fastway delivery on Tuesday with no issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Have the following scans on an item I'm expecting;

03/06/2020 - 12:26:03 We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested.
    04/06/2020 - 08:18:41 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 12:22:35 Your item has been delivered in accordance with our current pandemic delivery protocols.
    04/06/2020 - 16:06:49 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:07:11 Your parcel is on the way! Our courier loaded it onto their van.
    04/06/2020 - 16:09:47 This parcel has been reported as Damaged. We will contact the sender to confirm the delivery.

Baffled - there's be someone home all day, no callers, and, had a Fastway delivery on Tuesday with no issues

I think the have choose ABC when they run late. Mine was couldn’t find address, it’s the same fella all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

I'd gotten some laughs out of this parody twitter account over the last while but looks like it's gone for good now. Funny enough, they couldn't damage the Fastway name any more than Fastway themselves as far as my experience has gone.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/twitter-ordered-to-reveal-who-is-behind-parody-fastway-couriers-account-1.4271597

Chiorino wrote: »
    I'd gotten some laughs out of this parody twitter account over the last while but looks like it's gone for good now. Funny enough, they couldn't damage the Fastway name any more than Fastway themselves as far as my experience has gone.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/twitter-ordered-to-reveal-who-is-behind-parody-fastway-couriers-account-1.4271597

So it makes more sense to spend €1,000s on a barrister rather than attempting to actually fix the problems that lead to the twitter account being started in the first place. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I am genuinely shocked , got a delivery from fastway this morning on time and handed to me at the door . The driver actually found the correct house not someone willing to take the delivery 4 mile away and not ****ed in my bin or under a tree.
    It was sent by vendor yesterday morning and it was scanned at each location correctly and arrived on time .
    I think it’s the first hassle free delivery I have gotten from fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Is it normal for parcels to be sent to hubs across the country before delivery? My parcel has been sent from their HQ in Hawkes Bay to the West hub, even though I'm in Cork.

Is it normal for parcels to be sent to hubs across the country before delivery? My parcel has been sent from their HQ in Hawkes Bay to the West hub, even though I'm in Cork.

No it should be brought to the local depot. Driver then puts into the applicable cage for the destinations depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

More than likely got thrown in wrong cage they will redirect on next trip to hub.

Advertisement