Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ive had issues with fastway for the last two years. Last week I installed a Ring 2 bell. Fastway delivery today..

The bell notified me of "movement" walked upto the house, didnt ring doorbell, just left package on the step. A whole new ****show from Fastway :D

My local Fastway are doing that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

whiterebel wrote: »
    My local Fastway are doing that for years.

Me too. Fukin bandits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Probably stated already,but contacting the courier is by default,a difficult process.. contact those you order off,the courier has to reply to them,it actually does not have to reply to you,you don't have a contract with them unless your the one sending the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

I've had Xmas presents ordered for 2 year old from Littlewoods. Tracking shows it delivered and signed for last Saturday but no signature. No joy with their customer service and eventually tracked down local driver on road and followed him into a delivery. He said he would check it and that pod's and signatures mean nothing with fastway. Told me Thursday it was in warehouse and that he would deliver it Friday. No sign of it and he's not answering any of my calls and texts. No choice but to go to Smyth's tomorrow to buy more presents. Littlewoods website is useless aswell for customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

We've had numerous issues with littlewoods deliveries this year, the worst two were a parcel for my wife thrown into the garden of a house a mile down the road, their dog got it and brought it to the back door.
    And Fridays delivery beat all, 2 parcels thrown in the middle of our garden right on top of a fresh dog ****e.
    We have complained to littlewoods but they don't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

mjp wrote: »
    I've had Xmas presents ordered for 2 year old from Littlewoods. Tracking shows it delivered and signed for last Saturday but no signature. No joy with their customer service and eventually tracked down local driver on road and followed him into a delivery. He said he would check it and that pod's and signatures mean nothing with fastway. Told me Thursday it was in warehouse and that he would deliver it Friday. No sign of it and he's not answering any of my calls and texts. No choice but to go to Smyth's tomorrow to buy more presents. Littlewoods website is useless aswell for customer service.

If you do that, don't forget to refuse the delivery if it ever turns up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

4th consecutive order from amazon has disappeared. In fact every single delivery using them has been more than 3 days later than advised and quite a few have never arrived in an 4 year period. It's not only amazon that are affected either. I had a delivery of live cargo that they left in a warehouse over a long weekend after missing its Friday slot.

I used to have a number to contact the meath depot but of course dealing with customer complaints is not something they want to deal with. They have clearly changed the number to avoid dealing with customers.

It's baffling. 95%+ of other deliveries arrive on time. Its baffling this crowd are utilised at all. Joke of a company who clearly couldn't care less.l about why they do. 4 years with a 90% late or lost ratio says all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

5500 wrote: »
    I've got a track that's showing received into our central distribution hub (hawkes bay couriers) since saturday but no movement since. Anyone else aware of specific delays or just the time of year?
    I had a parcel from littlewoods during the summer, it sat in hawkes bay for 2-3 days midweek, once it arrived in Dublin I had it the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FastwayUser

Use this contact number if you are trying to get through to an agent: 01 4242 902. The other one on Google just directs you to a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

What time do fastway deliver until does anyone know? My parcel has been out for delivery for the last 3 days and still nothing..they are actually painful. Thank God it's not a really important present , I can get away with it arriving later but still annoying. And I feel for anyone who has Christmas presents for kids that are coming with fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭appledrop

I dont know but I have got delivery twice in the evening around 7 or 8 o clock so they must work late enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I bought a game from Littlewoods on black Friday and it never came.
    I was onto Littlewoods twice about it and got text message saying it was on its way on Christmas Eve. It never turned up. I got the same message a week before that when I complained and the game never turned up.
    Fastway never called me or came anywhere next or near me.
    Littlewoods and Fastway are the worst companies to deal with.
    They couldn't give a fiddler's.
    They are a waste of time.
    They don't deserve anyone's business.
    They don't deserve to be in business.
    I will need to cancel my order and get a refund and forget about it.
    Please no one have anything to do with Littlewoods or Fastway.
    If you do you are in for nothing but disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I bought a game from Littlewoods on black Friday and it never came.
    I was onto Littlewoods twice about it and got text message saying it was on its way on Christmas Eve. It never turned up. I got the same message a week before that when I complained and the game never turned up.
    Fastway never called me or came anywhere next or near me.
    Littlewoods and Fastway are the worst companies to deal with.
    They couldn't give a fiddler's.
    They are a waste of time.
    They don't deserve anyone's business.
    They don't deserve to be in business.
    I will need to cancel my order and get a refund and forget about it.
    Please no one have anything to do with Littlewoods or Fastway.
    If you do you are in for nothing but disappointment.

You'll probably soon find out that it was delivered on Christmas eve, and that you signed for it. That's the level of honesty you're dealing with here.

You'll probably soon find out that it was delivered on Christmas eve, and that you signed for it. That's the level of honesty you're dealing with here.

Yes all I can say is fook Littlewoods and fook Fastway.
    May they go out of business as soon as possible.
    Timewasters and bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Seen a guy in a white van (with a roof rack) delivering up the Sandyford way on 23rd, outside a set of 6ft (or higher) gates and just launching the packet over them, walking away signing the scanner, fastway on his hi-vis vest. Could have been hounds or anything behind them, bothered? nah.

Well I finally got my game today.
    I'd ordered it on black friday and there had been about 5 failed delivery attempts but at least they actually rang me today and delivered my package.
    Of course if they had rang me near the start of the month when they initially had it I wouldn't have had to have waited so long and would have had it for christmas but anyway at least I have it now.
    One of the little bits of plastic holding in the game had fallen off but I don't care.
    Hopefully when the next consoles come out they make more durable game holders in their cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Fastway are the worst courier service provider I have ever come across.

I am shocked they are still in business to be honest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I had a terrible time with fastway before. Any online orders sent with fastest, ended up being delivered to other peoples houses in the area, and I got their packages. I stopped following up my parcels with fastway and followed it up with the shops that I order from because my contract is with them. They are responsible for non delivery and for rectifying that. Got things sorted that way. The fastway delivery driver eventually learned to deliver to the correct house instead of leaving my packages elsewhere.

I got a package earlier in the week, delivered by fastway, the driver didn't even knock at the door. I just found a parcel on the doorstep.

I have another online order and it's due to be delivered by fastway. I wasn't at home yesterday so I don't know if it has been delivered or not. I suspect not. I checked tracking and there's no scans on the tracking number. If I don't get anything by Monday evening, I will follow it up with the shop I ordered from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Can someone please tell me how this shower are still in business, Ive had 3 delivery’s with them last few months and I genuinely believe they for some reason delay delivery of peoples packages, they ring ask for an eircode then the next day ask for an eircide again until finally delivering it usually after 2 weeks from when it hits the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

My grandparents are in isolation as they're both very much at risk. I just got a call from my grandfather to say that Fastway delivered a parcel into Supervalu. What sort of twat decides that it would be a good idea to hand anything into a shopping centre right now, never mind something that belongs to an at risk person! Now my grandparents have me to go in for it, but it's going to be handled by many people who have been likely exposed to the virus in the mean time and they don't know how long it lasts on cardboard! Why can't they just do their damn job and deliver it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Anybody got any reliable contact info for this shower .. sending a parcel that buyer paid for postage and wanted to use fastway ( why I don’t know )
    Anyway paid for it to be sent and it was to be picked up Friday and it’s still sitting here .. phone number for depot supplied is nothing but a voice message when I sent email to costumer service it rebounds back saying I am not on the approved sender list . No contact details to be found anywhere ..
    Buyer seems to think am pulling a fast one even I sent him the invoice for collection .

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eskerman

I have been reading through some of the comments on this thread and very hard to find any good ones about Fastway and I would argue the other courier services -

Are there any out there who could be classed as reliable ?? they all seem to be connected

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fastway are bottom of the heap, the rest only marginally better.

People aren't prepared to pay a premium rate to have their package nursed personally from door to door so this is the bargain bucket level of service you should expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Fastway is a franchise and most of the self employed couriers get absolutely roasted with them and don't buy into the business with their eyes open.

People aren't prepared to pay a premium rate to have their package nursed personally from door to door so this is the bargain bucket level of service you should expect.

I agree you pay more for a good service - that said I have experienced lots of problems with DHL and UPS in the past when I paid premium rates - and most people will go for the DPD/Nightline/Fastway /GLS services and I think they are all owned by one parent company - seems to be a connection with them all - monopoly market and yes the van drivers are all self employed sub-contractors who are getting hammered on prices - race to the bottom as we all participate in this in some way perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

If only we had a choice in most cases!

eskerman wrote: »
    I agree you pay more for a good service - that said I have experienced lots of problems with DHL and UPS in the past when I paid premium rates - and most people will go for the DPD/Nightline/Fastway /GLS services and I think they are all owned by one parent company - seems to be a connection with them all - monopoly market and yes the van drivers are all self employed sub-contractors who are getting hammered on prices - race to the bottom as we all participate in this in some way perhaps

UPS and Nightline recently are. UPS bought Nightline a year or two ago. The others aren't related to them, but I don't know if they're related to each other.

If only we had a choice in most cases!

UPS and Nightline recently are. UPS bought Nightline a year or two ago. The others aren't related to them, but I don't know if they're related to each other.

Ive used Parcel Motel in the past and they are owned by Nightline - no doubt our choices may seem a lot but I think these companies have amalgamated to get a monopoly on the market and anybody who tries to challenge with better service and a fair price gets squashed - so our choices are quite limited

I remember back in the late 1970s a company called Deadline Couriers and I think they went bust or were swallowed up at a time when courier services were a new alternative to the Post Office

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eskerman wrote: »
    Ive used Parcel Motel in the past and they are owned by Nightline - no doubt our choices may seem a lot but I think these companies have amalgamated to get a monopoly on the market and anybody who tries to challenge with better service and a fair price gets squashed - so our choices are quite limited

I remember back in the late 1970s a company called Deadline Couriers and I think they went bust or were swallowed up at a time when courier services were a new alternative to the Post Office

Great conspiracy theory, but no
    UPS (American) bought Nightline who started Parcel Motel.
    Fastway (Irish) own Parcel Connect. Fastway is set up as a franchise operation
    DPD have ParcelWizard and are a German company.
    GLS are a German company
    FedEx are American and bought the Dutch company TNT a couple of years ago. UPS were stopped buying TNT by the EU as it would create a monopoly. UPS are now suing the EU for billions, after they allowed the sale to FedEx
    DHL are owned by Deutsche Post, the German post office.

There is no great mystery. Couriers/delivery firms did most of their work for companies, and didn't deliver to private addresses. Didn't want to either, too messy. No-one home, so no signatures.
    It didn't pay you to go to Youghal with one delivery from Cork, so they started looking for other work. Online shopping went wild, and they were in to massive contracts which included home deliveries. A race to the bottom started, with people not caring as long as they got "free" shipping. Nothing is free, as you can see from the shambles that is there today.
    Drivers trying to deliver hundreds of packages a day, at rates you wouldn't believe (I heard one case of €2 per delivery whether it was 1 or 21 boxes!!! And that was a while ago, its probably cheaper now). They get one attempt at a delivery, hence packages thrown over walls, and into wheelie bins. I'm not saying its right, but this is what the market has driven it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a race to the bottom, there was a time when fastway charged €7 to deliver a parcel now its €3.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

rob316 wrote:
    Its a race to the bottom, there was a time when fastway charged €7 to deliver a parcel now its €3.50.

Based on volume though ?

Advertisement