Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Strangely enough, the only driver that rings the ball around my way is Fastway. DPD only because I asked him a few times to do it, UPS driver flat out refuses to ring the bell and left stuff out in the lashing rain yesterday - when we were at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭df

How does Fastway exist? I have used them for years as they were the cheapest and I had little choice just to put up with their massive incompetence. That said my local driver is amazing and would do anything for me.

Some drivers clearly don't care less and leave packages in random places and don't tell the customer. Also, they sign for packages themselves. The real issue though is when there is a problem. The customer service and support is atrocious. I have made many complaints but have never heard back in spite of been told numerous times that a supervisor will be in touch.

I'm pleased to say I'm in the process of moving to another company as I just can't deal with their useless service any longer. I advise anyone to think long and hard before using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tried using the parcelconnect service to send a package up north. I chose the local Centra dropoff point.

How is it meant to work? Basically i've paid online for a label but I can't get access to the label. Is it meant to be instant or do i have to wait 24 hours for the label? I wouldn't mind but I need the feckin thing sent before Christmas, or else it'll be gone passed the date of return for the full refund.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It's my first time using them (and potentially my last). Any time I click the link to print the label in my email, I get a:

404 - NOT FOUND

The page you're looking for does not exist.

======

Presumably it's meant to show my label here? Their phone number is out of service. Their online chat just sends an email to their support team, who'll respond in their own time. No idea whats meant to happen now. I found a few email addresses online. I think i'm gonna email them all and hope I get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not surprised, got an email from Fastway the other day saying "click here to track your package", it was 404 🙄

I didn't realise Smyths used them, it really puts me off ordering online from Smyths in the future. We got the package (a Lego set) but the box looked like it'd been stood on.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Booked to send a package on 29th Dec with parcelconnect, nobody has arrived yet, their depot has engaged tone. They've debited my debit card for the service though. Do I just cancel it, how do i get my courier fee back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

Incredible bad service.

Driver 310 from Ardee seems to be attempting to deliver my package to wrong address, MULTIPLE TIMES and that business is closed by the time he gets there, somewhere between 5 and 8 at night, but where I'm standing , our doors are wide open until around 9ish. Its very stressful to be honest seeing an attempt to deliver your package 30 doors down to the wrong address and the driver blatantly lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fastway collected my parcel and delivered it with signature within three days. I accept there were post Xmas delays/backlog. Happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Credit were credits due. Cursed Micks Garage when I noticed my "free" delivery was coming with Fastway :-) However the driver did put the box into a plastic bag with the opening underneath when he left it inside our gate. I was raining at the time so the plastic bag was needed.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi,

Hope its ok to post here.

Im currently waiting on an Amazon delivery being delivered by Fastway Couriers today.

Up to what time do Fastway deliver parcels?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Of course you can post here. The drivers often work till they have finished (latest here after 6pm) but if you are out in the country then they could ignore you and do your delivery next time they are out your way.

I pay for Amazon Prime because Prime deliveries don't use Fastway.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Awh thank you 🥰.

I got my parcel today in the afternoon with Fastway couriers. All good.

Thanks again for replying.

Hi,

I'm waiting on a package and the tracking information states it has been loaded to a container, so would it be early next week when I recieve the parcel?

Advertisement