Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I experience nothing but problems from fastway. The fastway driver for the area knows the locality well and has been about many times for a few years. He knows now that there's several different households with the same surname. He leaves packages into the wrong house, at all times. I had a person from the other household drop a package into me. He then said that he has packages for the other 2 households.

Its the most laziest of lazy type of delivery and that's all it is.

I had a parcel go astray last winter on me and it went into the other household. It was a bad week for me and I ended up kicking up a bit of a fuss. I got onto the shop I ordered from and explained to them that the tracking information says its delivered but I got no delivery. I knew damn well where my order was but that's beside the point. I was looking for the shop that I ordered from to rectify it and it led to a wild duck chase for my parcel. The lad I was talking to in the shop got onto the courier company who sent the driver out again to pick up the package where he left it and deliver it to me. The man had a dirty cheek to say he left in my cousins house. For crying out loud, we have the same surname and he pursued we were cousins and he left it with them. The ignorant pr1ck. The package was addressed to me with my Eircode.

It did sort things for a while and now it appears as if he's gone back to his old ways with the last few deliveries.

Just after getting an email saying I have an online order on the way to me with FASTWAY. It would be great if he could manage to deliver it probably but I don't have faith in them. I will probably end up getting my package eventually but it will be a second hand delivery. Fcuk it at this stage, I'm going to start milking the fastway fcukups and request for a refund for non delivery of goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pineapples101

Hi,

I need to return a PC monitor in it's original cardboard/polystyrene packaging to England/laptopsdirect. W106 cm x H64 cm x L28 cm. I guessed the weight was just below 20 KG but I paid for 30KG anyway.

I’ve never used a currier service before so while i'm still waiting 7 days* for them to pick up the parcel from my house, I have since realised their parcel limit size guide is W80 cm x H40 cm x L40 cm.

I have two concerns, it the currier arrives to pick up the parcel, is it likely he’ll refuse to take the parcel? Or, if he does take it, how much roughly do you think a surcharge would be for surpassing their size limit?

I paid 40 euro for it to be collected, if I have to pay an extra 10 euro due to excess size, i don’t mind, but if they add another 100 euro or something crazy then, well that might cause me some unwanted stress!

Just reaching out to see if anyone has ever had to pay a surcharge before that is similar to my predicament.

*I’ll worry about the 7 days collection overdue for another day. Calling them is impossible it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most likely they will never collect it.

Get onto them for a refund and send it with AnPost. It wont be cheap I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hi,

I need to return a PC monitor in it's original cardboard/polystyrene packaging to England/laptopsdirect. W106 cm x H64 cm x L28 cm. I guessed the weight was just below 20 KG but I paid for 30KG anyway.

I’ve never used a currier service before so while i'm still waiting 7 days* for them to pick up the parcel from my house, I have since realised their parcel limit size guide is W80 cm x H40 cm x L40 cm.

I have two concerns, it the currier arrives to pick up the parcel, is it likely he’ll refuse to take the parcel? Or, if he does take it, how much roughly do you think a surcharge would be for surpassing their size limit?

I paid 40 euro for it to be collected, if I have to pay an extra 10 euro due to excess size, i don’t mind, but if they add another 100 euro or something crazy then, well that might cause me some unwanted stress!

Just reaching out to see if anyone has ever had to pay a surcharge before that is similar to my predicament.

*I’ll worry about the 7 days collection overdue for another day. Calling them is impossible it would seem.

If the item has a fault laptopsdirect should arrange and pay for the return. You only pay if its a change of mind etc. If thats the case maybe better off trying to resell it on adverts at a small loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pineapples101

Thanks, I want to return monitor as unwanted, so it’s not broken. Laptopdirect have offered a refund but I have to pay for my own courier.

Laptopdirect had requested the courier tracking id, so they’ll see the parcel is still in my house. I think it has to get to them in 14 days from the time they accepted my return request. I’m guessing they might have some grace period due to any covid19 induced delays but we’ll see. I should probably give them a call to see where I stand.

My plan B is to use Adverts.ie but I hate all this hassle. I don’t want to pay another courier while I’ve already paid 40 euro to parcel connect. Without any means of communication it’s a shame they’ve left me second guessing if they’ll ever show up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi All

I want to return something using Parcel Connect and the page won’t open it says not secure, certification ran out yesterday.

What does this mean?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Oh my lord. next day delivery seems like a foreign concept.

Also, reading the Eircode and going to said house, rather than yoyo'ing up and down the road also double dutch.

When they find said house, they leave in random spot rather than ringing doorbell.

Has occurred 3 times now (all of the above) and good luck getting an apology from them or the company's that use them. Awful.

In short, don't pay for next day delivery.

They are a real race to the bottom outfit. They were bad years ago but now they are the stuff of nightmares. If you have tracking from the sites you ordered from go in and check , bet you signed for those 3 deliveries unbeknown to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

We've stopped ordering from anybody using Fastway or Nightline, as it's not worth the hassle getting the delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Fastway were dropping my stuff in a Filling Station miles away I only picked them up by pure chance when I met one of the employees one day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye Fastway are a disaster. They honestly do not care about customer service either. They used to be better but have gone downhill big time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 March2323

It is baffling how they are still in business, lost 90 euro worth of clothes, admitted they lost packet customer service is appalling and they recommend you just contact the original retailer. They seem to take no responsibility for their shoddy service.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

I think it is a hit and miss. Our area depot is run well imo and our delivery driver was dependable so far. Only the sorting hub „lost“ my parcel a few months ago. They never send it to the area depot and the tracking just stopped.
    I sorted out a refund with the retailer. I’ve no idea if the parcel got returned to the retailer, but I guess it‘s his decision in the first place, which courier he uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

March2323 wrote: »
    It is baffling how they are still in business, lost 90 euro worth of clothes, admitted they lost packet customer service is appalling and they recommend you just contact the original retailer. They seem to take no responsibility for their shoddy service.

They are right about contacting the original retailer. It's the retailer who hired them, not you. You have no contract with Fastway. It's up to the retailer to sort out the problem. The retailer chase them, it's not something you need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Truckermal wrote: »
    Fastway were dropping my stuff in a Filling Station miles away I only picked them up by pure chance when I met one of the employees one day!

I think this is pure laziness. They’ve done this to me also. Bring it to me, don’t leave if somewhere for me to go and get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I had one drop my package to a different road with a similar name and I couldn't figure out what the story was. When the person at the house called my number from the package we figured it out, but I contacted fastway pretending I didn't know...

The hoops I had to jump through to get them to go back and f'kin finish the job. It was a very large box, if I didn't have a car I wouldn't have been able to collect it. As it was, I just didn't think I should have to, because I paid for delivery and it was left incomplete.

I got the package that evening after considerable effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

March2323 wrote: »

They are still in business because people aren't willing to pay the true cost of delivery so these companies bid low and pay their drivers crap money, which is why all the courier companies are the same. Till people are willing to pay the correct price for delivery we'll continue to get monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

They are a real race to the bottom outfit. They were bad years ago but now they are the stuff of nightmares. If you have tracking from the sites you ordered from go in and check , bet you signed for those 3 deliveries unbeknown to yourself.

all couriers sign for you now during covid ,scanners not to be handed to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

hurikane wrote: »
    I think this is pure laziness. They’ve done this to me also. Bring it to me, don’t leave if somewhere for me to go and get.

I'd go and get it and also claim not to have received it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are still in business because people aren't willing to pay the true cost of delivery so these companies bid low and pay their drivers crap money, which is why all the courier companies are the same. Till people are willing to pay the correct price for delivery we'll continue to get monkeys.

Often fastway don't use employees while other companies do. Your fastway deliveries are made by the lowest bidder with a van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

My son was expecting a delivery from them last Christmas. He got a message to say that the parcel had been delivered and signed for at about 6pm in the evening. Nobody in the house had signed, the doorbell hadn't rung.

So we went outside, checked everything. The bins, the nextdoor neighbours, even a house in an adjacent estate with the same number as ours. Not a dickybird. At this point we were getting quite worried (he had ordered something fairly unique for his girlfriend. Not high value but difficult to get). We then checked the signature on line and it was just a squiggle.

The parcel was delivered next day.

Clearly the driver had a deadline to meet, didn't meet it so he just forged a delivery. My heart sinks anytime I see something being delivered by this company.

GarIT wrote: »
    Often fastway don't use employees while other companies do. Your fastway deliveries are made by the lowest bidder with a van.

Very few courier companies have employees in their vans, the vast majority are "independent" contractors who have to have a <3 year old sign written van, they get feck all for a delivery so we get the same from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Rural Thurles

An Post, not without its issues in the sorting office, but 9.9/10 delivers.
    DHL: always on time. I think An Post now does deliveries on behalf on DHL.
    DPD mostly reliable, but gone downhill in recent years.
    Nightline now owned by UPS and delayed delivery of items this week.
    UPS: often order stuff from Hollister, used to pay for next day delivery until UPS (pre-covid) would delay my parcels intentionally. Hollister would refund the €10 shipping costs, so I stopped paying for next day delivery.
    GLS: The worst by a mile.

My experiences from Fastway were good to be fair. The driver would deliver to the shop 5 minutes away from my house and text me to let me know. Haven’t had anything delivered by them in years though so it could be a different driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I dont understand how people allow the likes of Fastways to get away with delivering their parcels to the local shop, they have paid for the service of it being delivered to their door, if An Post tried that there would be war about it.

As a local shop they drop stuff into us saying that Mary asked us to leave it here, then Mary arrives and tells us that she just got a text saying it was left here.

Sharp practice !

Shelflife wrote: »
    I dont understand how people allow the likes of Fastways to get away with delivering their parcels to the local shop, they have paid for the service of it being delivered to their door, if An Post tried that there would be war about it.

As a local shop they drop stuff into us saying that Mary asked us to leave it here, then Mary arrives and tells us that she just got a text saying it was left here.

Sharp practice !

People aren't paying enough to get the package delivered to their door. If you pay €10 for delivery the driver might only get €1/€2 for it and many people don't pay for shipping at all. It's not worth their while to drive 10 minutes to a persons home for a few Euro and then drive to the next drop off. If the drops are 20 minutes apart the driver might be getting <€10 an hour before they have to pay for diesel/tax/insurance/maintenance, how do they make a wage from that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

People aren't paying enough to get the package delivered to their door. If you pay €10 for delivery the driver might only get €1/€2 for it and many people don't pay for shipping at all. It's not worth their while to drive 10 minutes to a persons home for a few Euro and then drive to the next drop off. If the drops are 20 minutes apart the driver might be getting <€10 an hour before they have to pay for diesel/tax/insurance/maintenance, how do they make a wage from that?

The drivers get 100s or drops in an area, rural pays more. It’s pure laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get a different job then, ffs.

Some days they will make lots, others less. Is the nature of the game.

Robbing the customer of home delivery isnt an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

With respect, thats not the concern of the person who has paid for their parcel to be delivered to their door.

If Fastways tender to do a delivery then the onus is on them to deliver to that address, not some filling station or shop a few miles away, if you cant make it pay then increase your prices !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DHL: always on time. I think An Post now does deliveries on behalf on DHL.

There are "two" DHLs - the international courier service; and the German domestic parcels service like SDS here in the old days. Both are the same company of course

But this means that stuff DHLed from Germany that doesn't specify courier/express etc is actually sent by post.

Tough. I buy from the retailer, who contracts the courier, I pay for delivery to my home not a shop miles away that I never use. If the couriers can't make it pay then pass the proper costs on to the seller and let them deal with the realities of the marketplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This shower are expanding. Stop giving them your custom folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

ED E wrote: »
    This shower are expanding. Stop giving them your custom folks.

I can't believe that Amazon and Argos use them. I guess profit is everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cost is everything, no one comes close to the prices fastway are offering. The drivers are getting the shortest straw though, its a ****ing horrible number. Working for DPD or GLS is bad enough but Fastway is a pyramaid scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

rob316 wrote: »
    Cost is everything, no one comes close to the prices fastway are offering. The drivers are getting the shortest straw though, its a ****ing horrible number. Working for DPD or GLS is bad enough but Fastway is a pyramaid scheme

Do you think Drivers will move to Amazon?

Amazon and Argos save on cost so more profit. They have to know that Fastway have a bad rep and have bad work practices but they choose them regardless.

This doesn't reflect well on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

I ordered an item from uk, fastway tracking says they have my item since last Monday (12th). Says I'll have it 1-2 days. Nothing since though two updates stating ""We're trying to deliver this parcel but we have encountered an operational delay."" Anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is the stupidest post I've read in a long time.

E mac wrote: »
    I ordered an item from uk, fastway tracking says they have my item since last Monday (12th). Says I'll have it 1-2 days. Nothing since though two updates stating ""We're trying to deliver this parcel but we have encountered an operational delay."" Anyone know what this means?

Any time we got that it was just that it didn't suit them to come all the way out to us until they had a few other deliveries for the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Any time we got that it was just that it didn't suit them to come all the way out to us until they had a few other deliveries for the area.

I'm out in the countryside so that's completely plausible. 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭SwissToni

This is the stupidest post I've read in a long time.

Why? Dell2005 just perfectly set out why the service is bad, he was not justifying or excusing it.

Until customers are prepared to pay realistic delivery costs and not buy from the lowest priced website don’t expect a five star delivery service because the website company isn’t paying for one.

• Advertisement

SwissToni wrote: »
    Why? Dell2005 just perfectly set out why the service is bad, he was not justifying or excusing it.

Until customers are prepared to pay realistic delivery costs and not buy from the lowest priced website don’t expect a five star delivery service because the website company isn’t paying for one.

The couriers have tendered the prices and then can't deliver the goods (literally). The couriers ultimately are the cause of the low delivery charge and then bemoan it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

fastway,more like leave it any where gouriers......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

All part of the race to the bottom .... pay as little as possible online .... delivery drivers working for minimum wage .... leads to ****e service ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Delivery within Ireland for anyone doing decent volume is less than €4
    Large volumes and it's under 3.50

The drivers make very little on delivery, but many will do 20-25 in an hour. Still very low, but where there is better money is in parcel collection.

You could be collecting 50 parcels from an account and each will be worth xx and that makes up the for the lower delivery fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I work for a logistics company that charge a pretty expensive delivery charge so we don’t get any business to homes from people who ordered online and got “free delivery”. We are not allowed to even leave it with your family who live next door without permission so to be honest you pay for what you get

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had my own courier van years ago. I was approached by a large courier firm who offered me the rate I was charging to customers less 30%, for them. I was to give them over my business and get it back to work it at 30% less. The "sweetener" was that I would get extra business from them at their rates. I didn't go for it, but plenty did to get the big increases in their work. Back then we did 8am-6pm business hours, home deliveries were very few and far between.

Fastway were looking originally for €16K per owner, offers of great rates and loads of work. Great initially until you were in too deep, then you had to do 80-100 deliveries per day just to keep afloat. Then the race to the bottom where they are near giving away the delivery rates. The main companies will still get a wedge on every delivery as well, and they don't even have to provide CS. if you had decent money you could put 2 drivers on a van, start at 7am, finish at 2 or 3 and then until 9pm. You could do home and business deliveries properly then. Drivers coming up to Christmas are doing 12-14 hour days and you can see that they are dangerously tired. Easy to say change jobs until you need to rely on it to keep your van on the road and a roof over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Fastway are brutal, I sent a parcel on the 10th, no tracking info until I contacted them through their rubbish system. Tracking updated and then nothing, contacted again no reply. Today tracking shows as delivered 8 days later, contacted recipient and he did not get it. Contacted them again through their rubbish system, no reply again.
    No phone numbers, no direct email absolute joke of a company.
    I understand courier are under pressure but a simple reply to say we are swamped and apologies would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’ve never had a good experience with Fastway And I know many here are the same.

Is it safe to assume that they even worse at the moment and blaming Covid for longer delays?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Last Fastway delivery I had 2 weeks ago was right on time. Driver said he had worked 17 days straight at that stage, and didn't know when he'd get a day off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 Skeffing

I am trying to return a large parcel to Amazon in the UK. I was using the One-off send option on Fastway's website. Its looking for the name and surname of the person I am sending it to. Does anyone know if I can use Amazon as the name or do they need an actual contact person there?

Advertisement