Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Happy with the white console as I have a mainly white setup, now just need a white xbox to go with it.

Couple of good games at the start and end, middle wasn't my cup of tea.

Reckon we will get a few more major announcements if they do another shorter conference to announce the date and price.

Don't like the look of the disk console lying flat, disk less might look better laying flat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭recyclops

Showed the wife said why does it look like a beer tap.

Can't unsee it now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I still can't get over them leading the whole thing off with a seven year old PS3 game.

Must have been a big, big bag of money there.

As of Christmas gone, GTA V charted in 74 of the 75 months since it was released. It just keeps making money and lots of those people will keep buying it, especially as they add stuff. Plus its clearly a tactical partnership with Rockstar.

If it comes out on ps5 again but with some new exclusive content, it'll move a rake of units.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Showed near the very end it was lying flat.it barley showed it for a second i had to rewind to make sure i saw what i saw. so will deffo fit under the tv thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Which way would you put it?

This way

986a785cc70ca858e1a0f054653b6277.png

or this way

d751fdbfb84ef29897e8c9a52582e7c7.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Looks like my netgear router

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

See my attached images. Two horizontal pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I've preordered games before and they only sell those copies to those with orders at midnight openings.

But do they include online Pre-orders in thise realises?
    Or is it just In store pre-orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing those pictures, I'm just imagining it stuck to the wall. Looks like it's going to be as wide as the PS3 Phat, judging by the controller beside it

bazzz wrote: »
    See my attached images. Two vertical pictures.

Second one official or a mockup?

• Advertisement

Yeah that makes sense, the usb 3 port is the correct way up in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭Damien360

Although I buy pretty much digital only lately, I think a digital only machine would be a mistake. The PS store for new games is over priced compared to bricks and mortar. Look at FIFA, COD, Battlefield at launch. Tesco, SuperValu has better prices. Lack of competition in game prices just puts you in a corner.

As for the look of the new machine, it’s a bit different to the V shaped yoke going around as possible. I might wait 12 months for the bugs to be ironed out. I don’t see vents in that so I’m guessing an external power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

What the Ratchet and Clank game was doing was amazing. Jumping from one world to another in a few seconds really showed what the SSD could do.

Take my money yesterday and sign me up please.

€400 for digital and €500 for the disc version with 1650gb SSD I reckon. I'm ordering the fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Second one official or a mockup?

Not 100% sure on the black version. I got it on resetera

But it's looking like horizontal is 100% doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They are still not clarifying. Will they being making games for PS4 going forward.

For example, the next Spider-man game. Will I be able to play it on my PS4 Pro or will it be only on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Slick design. It looks like the headquarters of the evil corporation in a dystopian sci fi film, in a good way.

Oscorp Tower from the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies springs to mind

OsCorp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭Damien360

They are still not clarifying. Will they being making games for PS4 going forward.

For example, the next Spider-man game. Will I be able to play it on my PS4 Pro or will it be only on PS5.

If you remember the start of PS4, games were made for both except for the big titles. If memory serves me, it was about 12 months and then you had to buy a PS4 to get the big titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't really mind the digital edition. It's something I'd be tempted with myself as I rarely buy disks, and I rarely buy games new anyway. I'd say RDR2 and TW3 are two of the only ones I've bought new in the lady few years. Cyberpunk and Crusader Kings 3 are likely the only ones I'd buy this year that I can see coming down the line.

Out of the 200 or so games I own on ps4 (mainly cos of ps plus), I'd say 5 are discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    But do they include online Pre-orders in thise realises?
    Or is it just In store pre-orders?

They were all mixed together. One list that captured both.

I think it's safe to stick with the PS4 until at least 2021

Hitman 3 is coming to ps4 in 2021

https://www.engadget.com/hitman-3-relase-date-ps5-215620022.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALWz6kTvsCE1C1F1n-44KdkSBLGvKX3rNQe-RtgKD2-XrI7SshCHPQHCJ-R7Znufbcktp96eY0gDl-nFexei5jN7uKBt41ITRCj_MU3aQ3itDA2RD8hU2tW_4RF56UXwPuUVzeMlQKUXQYWfYS3w2nWQu0h_yUML-n9EW2OyCO72

If the PS5 is as expensive as expected Sony will not plan on big sales until they can lower the price.
    In that time they will want to still be making money off the sale of PS4 games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Ratchet was wow, Pixar esc in 4k and those multiverse parts

1st party games using the SSD and coding to the metal gonna be amazing, thought 3rd party stuff was boring not a gen jump like Ratchet and Horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I’m guessing Spider-man is pretty much built on the last game. I don’t know that a “true” technical sequel would be out so quick. So can’t imagine why it wouldn’t run. Unless Sony want to it drive PS5 sales. It’s worth noting that they own the studio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The digital only console looks so much better but i can't justify the good looks when every new game will be 70 quid compared to 55 or 60 in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

What the Ratchet and Clank game was doing was amazing. Jumping from one world to another in a few seconds really showed what the SSD could do.

Take my money yesterday and sign me up please.

€400 for digital and €500 for the disc version with 1650gb SSD I reckon. I'm ordering the fat.
    1650gb? That it was 825gb and that's it for now? Not a hope you are getting 1650gb SSD and a new console for 400/500.

EDIT: for reference, a 2tb Samsung 970 evo plus, the fastest SSD currently available, is 400 quid by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

They stated they believe in console generations so no PS5 games will be on PS4.

That’s a good thing because why would you buy a PS5 if it’s held back by PS4 and won’t take advantage of the SSD?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    1650gb? That it was 825gb and that's it for now? Not a hope you are getting 1650gb SSD and a new console for 400/500.

Yup 825GB NMVE was announced in March.
    Probably around 700GB left once the operating system is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They stated they believe in console generations so no PS5 games will be on PS4.

That’s a good thing because why would you buy a PS5 if it’s held back by PS4 and won’t take advantage of the SSD?

The guy running a 1060 in his PC isn't holding back the guy running a a 2080Ti.

If the game was on PS4 it could have lower quality presets, lower frame rates and slower loading.

I'd say other games to include would be Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Though the first Last of Us wasn't released on PS4 until the year after the PS4 release. Going by wiki, that would put the PS5 version around July next year.

But don't think we had any cross gen first party releases for 3 into 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The digital only console looks so much better but i can't justify the good looks when every new game will be 70 quid compared to 55 or 60 in smyths.

Well some new games are around 50 on other regional stores. Case in point, Last of Us part 2 is around 50 on the Indonesia PSN store. Unless for PS5 they actually reduce digital prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Zero-Cool wrote: »

It does. Its brought about a choice I wasn't aware I'd have to make. Digital only or PS5 Fat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement