Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    That's one thing I noticed too. And that fast a SSD is going to get very, very hot if the claims are true.

I didn't think of that. I have an NVME drive in a large well ventilated PC case and that still get hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Witcher wrote: »
    That looks worse somehow
    I like it standing up

I think it looks even worse than the Xbox One on its side. Horrid if not upright. And still a brick, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That looks worse somehow

It really does. Looks horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Console reminds me of the OG 360 which despite its architectural flaws was gorgeous imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

Everythings better in black ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that a standard USB and a USB-C port?

I'm assuming everything shown are accessories and not included.
    Seeing the stand, did any of the previous ones comes with a stand? Don't think so, and the PS3 was first shown standing up, I believe

What are the chances the Digital Edition will be way cheaper? They stand to make much larger profit on games if people can't trade them in.

What are the chances the Digital Edition will be way cheaper? They stand to make much larger profit on games if people can't trade them in.

I'm thinking it'll be a 50 euro difference

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I always prefer a console lying down but that looks way better standing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's not a chance it's vertical only. It'd be a phenomenally braindead design flaw if you couldn't given most of their current market lay their current console flat.

It looks very alienware and I think I love the look of it but will certainly need more angles of it.

Game reveals we're mixed. Hitman 3, Horizon and some of the indie games looked epic. Others a bit meh. Overall very excited and a day one purchase (of the disc version of course).

Madness not to get a disc version unless it's significantly cheaper (which it won't be).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I always prefer a console lying down but that looks way better standing up.

When a console is lying down I always fell it can't fall any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There's not a chance it's vertical only. It'd be a phenomenally braindead design flaw if you couldn't given most of their current market lay their current console flat.

Can the new Xbox be layed on its side. Its basically a tower so would look weird on its side

Tbh, looking at the console and knowing there will inevitably be a different version, I'm nearly leaning to wait. Especially if there's no big games you can't play on ps4 coming out.

It's too overdesigned for me. Not sure will there be an all black version which might be better, but I really doesn't fit my room with the rest of what I have. Everything else k have is black and minimalist. A white designy piece doesn't work

The black stand looks removable to me and it would easly fit on its side then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Rotten looking but looks gamey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The white is a very odd choice since we've had a slick black design for a while.

It will stick out sitting beside black TV's, PC's and Monitors etc.

I guess we won't care once playing the games!

Having said that, it looks like we may have to wait a while for some decent games. Only one or two stood out for me there.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can the new Xbox be layed on its side. Its basically a tower so would look weird on its side

5e727622c48540585f68fe06?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

5e727622c48540585f68fe06?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

That looks cat lying down aswell

This generation is meant to be stood up clearly

Horizontally it looks like a Playstation sandwich...

That looks cat lying down aswell

This generation is meant to be stood up clearly

Not going to fit in most TV cabinets standing up.
    At least I can close the door on it so I don't have to look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I still can't get over them leading the whole thing off with a seven year old PS3 game.

Must have been a big, big bag of money there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not going to fit in most TV cabinets standing up.
    At least I can close the door on it so I don't have to look at it.

Might just run the cables into the cardboard box:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I liked the look of that Devil Inside. Reminded me a bit of Little Nightmares or something

That was the biggest shock for me of the conference, was on a zoom call with some friends wathcing this and jumped out of my seat the second it appeared screaming "Its Little Devil Inside, WTF?"......because I had backed it on Kickstarter 5 years ago and kept forgetting it exists :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I like it as a piece of design, but I’m much happier with a console design that disappears into a cabinet. This is going stick like a sore thumb in my living room. I thought the era of shouty console design was long gone. There’s something Xbox 360 about as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Did they give a release date?

Also where are people pre ordering?

What was all that crap about GTA5, it was all over the place and confusing and over before I got my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Question for those who have preordered previously with smyths

If you preorder online(clock and collect) are you in the same que as those who do in shop?
    Just remember with the 4 shops having lists of 100s with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I still can't get over them leading the whole thing off with. Seven year old PS3 game.

Must have been a big, big bag of money there.

I think it was just so once they showed it and got it out of the way, they could say everything after was from PS5 footage. But it was definitely jarring to hear the "Why did I move here?..." from the trailer for the original PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That looks worse somehow

I think the sizing looks way off there. Console looks much thicker and the controller very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Question for those who have preordered previously with smyths

If you preorder online(clock and collect) are you in the same que as those who do in shop?
    Just remember with the 4 shops having lists of 100s with people!

I've preordered games before and they only sell those copies to those with orders at midnight openings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement