Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

RedRochey wrote: »
    So the monthly usage limit for our internet is 750gb, so is it simply that downloading this game will use up 74g of the 750g?

Correct, but there could be extra updates after release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Oh not too bad so

What are people's feelings about this? outside of the leaks and all that outrage

Haven't seen any of the gameplay trailers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Re Smyth's. I got my copy of Resident Evil 3 by post and it arrived the day before the release date. Was impressed considering they kept telling me it could be delayed due to the lockdown. It is my only experience of home delivery with them as I usually go with click and collect.

Re Smyth's. I got my copy of Resident Evil 3 by post and it arrived the day before the release date. Was impressed considering they kept telling me it could be delayed due to the lockdown. It is my only experience of home delivery with them as I usually go with click and collect.

Yeah half the time when using home delivery for game preorders, the games are delivered the day before release day

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Interesting from the last video that there will be hordes of runners. My mind goes straight to Days Gone hordes but can't see how they can do those numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone actually looking forward to the game, this is well worth a watch, Grounded: The making of The Last of Us.

Watched it a couple of years ago, might give it another watch tonight. It's one of very few Making-Of docs for games I've ever watched

Watched it a couple of years ago, might give it another watch tonight. It's one of very few Making-Of docs for games I've ever watched

I highly recommend the Raising Kratos one, making of God of War. I'm not even a huge fan of that game but was a fascinating doc. Being a dev looks stressful as ****.

Also, i missed this at the time but rapper Logic is in the game. I'm not a big fan of his but know him enough that when he pops up, I'll be "oh look, Logic" which isn't great for immersion.

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1116422080906424320?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Re: Smyths...I thought all retail outlets are allowed to reopen again tomorrow so click and collect from them should be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

mutley18 wrote: »
    Re: Smyths...I thought all retail outlets are allowed to reopen again tomorrow so click and collect from them should be ok?

Click and Collect has been available on Smyth's for a few weeks now (in select stores I think). I picked up Days Gone (which finally went on sale) and Witcher 3 a few weeks back. Not sure if it is the same in all shops but Jervis had a counter at the door with perspex covering where they scan the barcode from your email and you then move to another counter at another door to collect the game. You can't actually enter the shop. Could change tomorrow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also, i missed this at the time but rapper Logic is in the game. I'm not a big fan of his but know him enough that when he pops up, I'll be "oh look, Logic" which isn't great for immersion.

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1116422080906424320?s=19

I'm so old.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm so old.

Me too, he's just not well known, even with the whippersnappers :)

Really good recap of the first one for anyone looking for a fresher but don't want to play through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

jaysus does eurogamer have a dark theme by any chance? that article is headache-inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Me too, he's just not well known, even with the whippersnappers :)

Wasn't there bread called Whippersnapper? Brennans I think.

Wasn't there bread called Whippersnapper? Brennans I think.

Couldn't bate it.

Nice one Eoin, that's my lunchtime listening sorted.

Nice one Eoin, that's my lunchtime listening sorted.

Some new (to me anyway) insights from Neil but the usual stories from Troy. Definitely gets ya in the mood for Part 2 though hearing about what makes Joel and Ellie tick.

Not as good as the Chernobyl podcast though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Read elsewhere that there are no difficulty-based trophies this time around. So can likely just get all the single-player ones in one playthrough. I presumed there'd be multiplayer trophies too but doesn't seem to be any mutliplayer this time around at all. So might be a very platinumable* game.

*Yes, it's a word. Kind of. Shut up.

They mentioned Grounded mode in a recent video, instantly thought 'that's gonna be a tough platinum' so that's good to hear. Survivor difficulty was brilliant in the first though and probably wouldn't have posted that if not for the trophy.

Also there was a short clip of multiplayer gameplay in the recent leaks. I assume it's ok to mention it anyway. Could have been beta unused or might be added later. The multilayer trophies in the first were hands down the worst.

HUGE list of accessibility options (settings about how you play the guitar looks interesting)

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_accessibility_features_detailed

Interview with Neil on the making of.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-last-of-us-part-ii-neil-druckmann-interview?amp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Warnig! Had this pre-ordered with GS and got a call asking of I'd like to cancel and instead order online for delivery as they are expecting big queues. Grand I said as long as there's no extra charge but when I went to use the voucher they gave me, they want an extra 6.50. Have sent a mail to CS so hopefully they'll resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Druckmann making it sound like they just forgot to credit her, when they or likely whoever they got just outright stole her version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »
    Druckmann making it sound like they just forgot to credit her, when they or likely whoever they got just outright stole her version of it.

Yeah I'd nearly say it's more of a case of them coming to an agreement to credit her because whether they did steal from her version or not, it wasn't worth fighting, so went with "Oops, here's your credit for it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I'd nearly say it's more of a case of them coming to an agreement to credit her because whether they did steal from her version or not, it wasn't worth fighting, so went with "Oops, here's your credit for it!"

A case of trying to quell any sort of negative attention to stop it being added to the already massive amount of negativity surrounding the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems amicable at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'm thinking of posting about how they never asked my permission when modelling Joel's beard after mine...

Advertisement