Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The sausages that aren't mentioned when planning the meal, but sure is it even a barbecue without a few sausages? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The sausages that aren't mentioned when planning the meal, but sure is it even a barbecue without a few sausages? :D

I've never understood why, in Ireland, sausages are so synonymous with bbq?

I'd much rather a pan fried sausage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Me too, and I'd never eat sausages after steak or chicken anyway - but Mr Dizzy can't help throwing a couple on for himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We threw on some Frankfurters last time we barbequed. Really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What are schnakey sausages?

In case you still have not copped it they meant sneaky sausages.

I just hope you did not go down the butchers asking for them thinking it was some style.

"half kilo of mince, 4 chicken fillets and have you got any schnakey sausages?"
    "aw go on sure, I'll throw in a couple"
    "I wanted a pound"
    "would you feck off, you're lucky to get the 2!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sourdough pizzas

His: onion, pineapple, mushroom
    Mine: prosciutto, basil, olive, mushroom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

kylith wrote: »
    Sourdough pizzas

Look great! It's worth the effort the pre cook the mushrooms next time, fry in a pan for 5 mins or something

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never understood why, in Ireland, sausages are so synonymous with bbq?

I'd much rather a pan fried sausage.

The South African I worked with would also BBQ sausages but has absolute conniptions at the idea of doing a burger on one; which is extremely common here.

He tried making an argument about using only cuts of meat, which "yes, but you do sausages" usually ended :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭50HX

Only one aausage for bbq and thats kielbasa

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

L1011 wrote: »
    The South African I worked with would also BBQ sausages but has absolute conniptions at the idea of doing a burger on one; which is extremely common here.

He tried making an argument about using only cuts of meat, which "yes, but you do sausages" usually ended :pac:

I don't really get burgers on the bbq, either.
    Although, having said that, if I was to cook burgers tomorrow, I'd use the gas grill - purely to avoid smoking up the kitchen.
    It's one of the great benefits of having a gas grill/bbq if you tend to fry at a high, smoky heat or fry fish - no smoky/smelly kitchen!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Venison steaks today with oven-cooked chips and pepper sauce.
    514966.jpg

Then this scrumptious chocolate cake I froze from a few months ago with chocolate frosting and caramel sauce.
    514967.jpg

Bit lavish today but we're celebrating, and it's been non-stop salads since whenever I last posted here. Though they weren't bad either and I got most of the food in em from the garden.
    514968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Homemade Honey Sesame Chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

kylith wrote: »
    Sourdough pizzas

Have you a link to the dough recipe?

cooperguy wrote: »

I found Pat Ryan's sourdough very easy, you will need to plan ahead for the sourdough starter thou

https://youtu.be/l3GcHQoxrYA

cooperguy wrote: »

Honestly, I wasn’t that happy with the crust. It could have been the recipe, or it could have been the toddler ‘helping’, but it didn’t bake properly for me.

https://www.butterforall.com/traditional-cooking-traditional-living/sourdough-pizza-crust/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I think there’s a difference in opinion to what constitutes good pizza dough. Is it chewy or crispy?

The best pizzas I’ve had have been with crispy dough.

I think there’s a difference in opinion to what constitutes good pizza dough. Is it chewy or crispy?

The best pizzas I’ve had have been with crispy dough.

The base was definitely crispy (yum) but the edge was quite doughy and didn’t puff up at all. I think I may have missed a second rise, or trying to stretch it while fending off a small person trying to eat the raw dough didn’t go so welll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Tapas style again, with Spanish omelette this time. Cooked the focaccia in the ooni despite being a thin one it was much airier than I'd get it in the oven.

515364.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Steak sandwiches with home made chips. First time making a steak sandwich, definitely added to the rotation.

Biryani and meatballs this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Chilli and loaded fries. Made a dressing from mayonnaise, tikka paste and black pepper, drizzled over the chips, topped with grated cheese and melted under the grill.
    I found a load of tinfoil containers during a Covid clearout so I'm going to use them as much as possible and save on wash up.

PS: How can I make my pictures smaller, not a techie so all suggestions suitable for dummies please.

One Pot Chicken with Ginger and Apricots, Green Bean, Oriental Coleslaw and Foccacia Bread

F91-AAF43-EEB4-4806-B443-328-C9-D974792.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/one-pan_chicken_with_75049

Mexican-y chicken wraps with tomato salsa, guacamole and tomatillo salsa

3-A1-FBC3-C-8-C3-E-47-E3-AC5-B-69-D7-C134-B584.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Recliner wrote: »
    PS: How can I make my pictures smaller, not a techie so all suggestions suitable for dummies please.

Simple Windows program is PIXresizer, which I've mentioned before <shrugs>. Freeware. No adverts.

Recliner wrote: »

I use https://postimages.org/ - upload your photo, then copy and paste the code for forums.

If they ever increase the 5 portions of fruit/veg a day to 16, this is the meal for you. Tasty though.....

Tuscan Bacon and Bean soup with Herb Salad Pesto and Parmesan shavings.

9102-C96-A-0293-476-F-9-C99-010654017522.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/tuscan_peasant_pot_soup_52268

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Dónal wrote: »
    Mexican-y chicken wraps with tomato salsa, guacamole and tomatillo salsa

That’s dinner?? Please tell me you had at least 3 portions or i’m going to feel like a pig..

Cottage pie with cheesy mash.

20200611-184635.jpg

That’s dinner?? Please tell me you had at least 3 portions or i’m going to feel like a pig..

That was the first wrap out of the George Foreman & sides - Think I had 4 of them in total :D

• Advertisement

I had carbonara tonight, for the first time in ages. It was delicious :)

20200612-192059.jpg

Advertisement