Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Roald Dahl

I was going to make something else tonight which called for coriander. I had a pot of coriander in the fridge - which can be hard to come by these days - which must have come in contact with the back of the fridge and become frozen and then defrosted again. It more or less turned into slime and was unusable.

Anyway, my 15-minute fallback recipe is chow mein.

Well, it takes a bit longer, but not much. :pac:

Chow-Mein-Prawn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Noooooooo not the pets :eek:

😂🀣, a few more weeks of lockdown lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Fish Tacos with Sweetcorn Salsa and Lime Pickled Onions, Avocado, Spicy Mayo and Salad.

FA466-CF5-8-B00-4460-A695-C02663-F83-CEF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

Made Thai prawn noodles for dinner was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I bought a filtering deep fat fryer last year (that Black Friday nonsense discounts) and never used it until this week.

To get the most out of the oil before we dump it - the filtering only does so much, the oil can't last forever - we're going a bit mad with fried food this week

We had albondigos and patatas bravas earlier in the week; katsu chicken last night; doing sweet and sour pork with cornflour batter this evening and tonkatsu pork tomorrow.

Think the last hurrah for that oil will be some deep fried brie; as one of them always leaks and ruins the oil. The amount of breadcrumbs we've gone through is ridiculous, including having to home-dry panko cause there's been none in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos with pickled red onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

L1011 wrote: »
    To get the most out of the oil before we dump it.
    I wondered if you could freeze stuff, I planned on cooking chicken balls and onion rings. I did a batch of onion rings before and kept in the fridge and finished them in the airfyer and they were great. They were only half cooked, the way chippers do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Saturday night is pizza night ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

IMG-20200524-173540.jpg

Sirloin, served with a baked spud, mushrooms and onions sauteed in the pan with some garlic butter.

Out of shot was the pepper sauce that the steak got drenched in before going into my belly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

We've spent the day in the garden, putting in new raised beds. So I was a bit too knackered to cook anything massive. I found a pack of Lidl's giant gnocchi filled with porcini mushrooms still in the fridge, so I cooked them, fried them in a bit of butter, and made a garlic cheesy cream sauce with them, and some broccoli on the side. Maybe it was because I was starving by the time it was done, but I'd swear it was the best thing I ate all week.

No photos, sorry. It was gone far too quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Steak Sambo.
    514206.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Baby back ribs. Thanks to tips from Toto Wolfcastle and The chan chan man, I finally succeeded in cooking succulent, falling-off-the-bone ribs. Mine have always been disappointing but these were fabulous. I made a sauce for the rice with the orange juice I put in the roasting dish and the juices that came off the ribs. Obligatory photo of stripped bones included. ;)

22-F6-E465-3610-4442-8338-4977-FE414537.jpg?dl=1

6-B11-A85-C-1-B55-40-D3-A0-D3-39-A077082603.jpg?dl=1

0-B65-BC9-D-BD84-489-A-8414-733096413-B11.jpg?dl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Made Korma tonight, so moreish

Made Korma tonight, so moreish

I thought that was frosty grass at the bottom. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Baby back ribs. Thanks to tips from Toto Wolfcastle and The chan chan man, I finally succeeded in cooking succulent, falling-off-the-bone ribs. Mine have always been disappointing but these were fabulous. I made a sauce for the rice with the orange juice I put in the roasting dish and the juices that came off the ribs. Obligatory photo of stripped bones included. ;)

Egg fried rice too? Must try again, I found it needed a lot of oil/soy sauce

Egg fried rice too? Must try again, I found it needed a lot of oil/soy sauce

No, it’s just steamed rice with the sauce made from pan juices poured over it.

Grilled Pork Chop on the BBQ with Roasted Chickpeas and Vegetables.

9-F2-CD5-DC-A3-FE-4-F7-A-93-F5-B8-B9-E7977-A47.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Great dinner tonight. I should have taken a photo but I was occupied with a small person giving out.

Salmon (steamed with lemon juice in a tinfoil pouch), baby boiled potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, baby kale and spinach.

Tossed together with a dressing of minced red onion, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard, sea salt and black pepper.

Really fresh, quick and delicious. If making again I'd use wholegrain rather than English (had none), and add a clove of garlic and a finely sliced fresh chilli.

Baby wouldn't even touch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Had a surplus of mushrooms this week, so decided to use them up in risotto instead of them going off, yesterday and today's dinner... First one is with spelt instead of rice, second one is orzo instead of rice.

Orzo was much tastier, if I'm honest. Though I will try cooking with spelt again in future, it was decent. Maybe just not in risotto.

wlZJ7ET.jpg?1
    MQRlZ9E.jpg?1

Bbq’d Short Beef Ribs, Baked Potatoes and Oriental Coleslaw.

C377-B52-E-CE03-4778-BFC2-B8-E92-B8999-DF.jpg

Confession: The ribs didn’t go near the bbq but they were stunning - 8 hours in the slow cooker, 30 minutes in a hot oven, lathered in sauce. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Handy dinner tonight - lasagna that I froze last week with one of the ciabattas I made yesterday. Dinner eaten in the garden again - it's only the end of May and it already feels like we've had a great summer :)

20200529-182008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Not dinner. It was lunch today and eaten in the sun. Southern fried chicken burger with mayo and mixed leaves and chunky fries.

IMG_20200529_122449.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had sticky chicken skewers and warm salsa that Neven Maguire made on Instagram today, they were absolutely delicious.

20200530-191736.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

We had sticky chicken skewers and warm salsa that Neven Maguire made on Instagram today, they were absolutely delicious.

Those chips look absolutely deadly 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

2nd day using my Ooni Karu, can't have pizza every day! So I made garlic and coriander naans with tandoori chicken and red onion raita. (and made pizza dough for tomorrow :) )

514783.jpg

514785.jpg

514784.jpg

McMurphy wrote: »
    Those chips look absolutely deadly 👌

I cheated - they're Aunt Bessie's homestyle chips I threw into the Airfryer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Recliner

Al fresco dining this evening. Pulled pork from the Cooking Club, ribs, spicy chicken wings, potato salad, homemade tzatziki/raita, pesto penne, hummus and a lovely chilled Vinho Verde from Lidl.

Delish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Cheesy Garlic potato and red peppers on BBQ and honeyed chicken kebabs and s few schnakey sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

niallo76 wrote: »
    Cheesy Garlic potato and red peppers on BBQ and honeyed chicken kebabs and s few schnakey sausages.

What are schnakey sausages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

What are schnakey sausages?

only the best type of sausage!

Advertisement