Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response to Covid-19 [MOD WARNING 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Apparently the whole household isolating if anyone has symptoms doesn't apply to him and he thought he'd be able to return to work even before the trip to Durham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Check the eyesight drive for 30km. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a board on the wall in no10 with strings all over it to connect everything hes done to an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Little Dommy, tell us what you did over the summer.
    Snorefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He's a professional sh*t stirrer. I have no sympathy for him. He's said that it's no big deal if a few pensioners die from Covid-19.

i dont have "sympathy" for him either, i'm just calling the story for what it is, political opportunism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think hes off the hook now with the child ending up in hospital

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

robinph wrote: »
    Apparently the whole household isolating if anyone has symptoms doesn't apply to him and he thought he'd be able to return to work even before the trip to Durham.

I noticed that as well, he's also just admitted visiting Barnard Castle Town, by accident apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Theres a board on the wall in no10 with strings all over it to connect everything hes done to an excuse.

It will always come back to Pepe Silvia.

---

This is the verbal version of a document dump.

Good job he brought his wife and child in the car on the test drive to see if he could drive safely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Absolutely nothing he's said changes anything about why did he leave London.

All we have learnt is what his voice sounds like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

i dont have "sympathy" for him either, i'm just calling the story for what it is, political opportunism.

Nonsense. It's calling out hypocrisy and corruption. It's what the media is supposed to do.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

devnull wrote: »
    I noticed that as well, he's also just admitted visiting Barnwell Castle.

Barnard Castle Town.

The town is called "Barnard Castle".

I hope so much that this backfires. But I fear that this will get him off the hook. Boris will not take questions on the matter at his own press conference, will declare the matter closed, and then ride out the 48 hours of newspaper storm. By the time Starmer has a go at him at PMQs, it will be old news

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So what hes saying is he broke self isolation. Good man!

So reporting on someone breaking the rules is opportunism?

Would you have rathered they ignore the story?

What political gains are other tories and right wing news outlets making by it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

This now sounds much worse since he explained it. He was jaunting around the place to local castles and rivers, driving to and fro whilst the rest of the country was locked up and to make it worse he and his wife were both positive for the virus.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Media questions are stage managed - total sham.

"I've got a list and to ask in this order."

Guess who is first?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Doesn't seem so competent when he has to go off a script and actually answer questions

devnull wrote: »
    Media questions are stage managed - total sham.

"I've got a list and to ask in this order."

Guess who is first?

She couldn't get to the mic quick enough!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Who'd have thought small children mean that lockdown can be flouted?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dom apologies for nuthin!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

it was a rambling set of excuses and technicalities, be interesting to see if he's done enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

Who'd have thought small children mean that lockdown can be flouted?

Should always have one handy. Lockdown evasion, sympathy votes.... double points if the child is under one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

LauraK pushing him on "do you regret?". He didn't answer that question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The delay was probably due to react to the Durham Police added statement at 4pm.

It seems well and truly gone over by a lawyer, but ultimately it's clear he broke guidelines in multiple places and that's just confirmation really.

Again, the 'scandal' is why did the Cabinet decide to back an advisor blindly and numerous MPs with copy/paste comments today and now he started by saying he told Boris these details yesterday. Boris heard all this, all the breaches and backed him as doing the right thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stuttering and stammering now looking for sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why in the world wasn't he tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The guy must have a huge network of friends and family in London. Its simply not credible that he has to drive 260 miles for child care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭Enzokk

He has put his side of the story, there are holes in it and it shows he thinks he is exceptional and didn't need to abide by the rules. The PM needs to come back and explain why the rules are changing if you have a child and you are sick.

Also, who drives to see if it is safe if they are having trouble with their eyesight? And 30 miles away? Really?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement