Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response to Covid-19 [MOD WARNING 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Laura K and a few other sycophants.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,260 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah please let Beth Rigby sink her teeth into him, no other juorno needs to be present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭swampgas

bilston wrote: »
    Sorry, but this I don't agree with. I have little time for the man, but harassing him outside his own home, where his kids live is crossing the line.

There are far more important lines being crossed right now by Johnson, the cabinet, and Dominic Cummings. He can hardly whinge "not fair!" about being shouted at when he's literally risking killing people with his actions.

It's a typical case of one rule for you (be polite and don't shout at me) and another rule for me (I'll break all the rules and conventions I like).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Laura K and a few other sycophants.
    I'm no fan of hers but I think that the piece she had today on the BBC website was hardly supportive:
    Rather than acknowledging a tiny iota of conflict or fraction of fault, instead Mr Johnson seemed to double down on what many people see as a double standard.
    But this time, the misdemeanour goes against the grain of what millions of people were putting up with in lockdown at Boris Johnson's own instruction. Many of them are understandably angry.
    Did the prime minister manage to shut this mess down today? Not even close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The only person other than the PM that should be holding personal press conferences from No.10 is Larry the Cat, and possibly the guy who stands behind the door permanently waiting to open it for everyone upon his retirement.

WTF is an advisor doing getting to dress themselves in the trapping of the PM's office for holding a press conference about his personal misdemeanours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The whole Dominic Cummings furore boils down to Remainer revenge. BoJo can do no right in the eyes of the bbc and guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,636 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

devnull wrote: »
    It will be cherrypicked journos that's for sure.

Sky just showed what looked like journos walking in, about 8 or 10 by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The whole Dominic Cummings furore boils down to Remainer revenge. BoJo can do no right in the eyes of the bbc and guardian.

and the notoriously left wing remainer paper the mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Pinky and the brain up now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I await the statement of the real Prime Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It really doesn't. But don't let reality get in the way.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Water John wrote: »
    Ah please let Beth Rigby sink her teeth into him, no other juorno needs to be present.
    Beth is in there according to Adam Boulton

and the notoriously left wing remainer paper the mail
    yes they've took agin him too

Boris post covid looks a broken man to me

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Beth is in there according to Adam Boulton

Didn't sound.sure she would get r question though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit late, wonder did he misjudged the traffic coming down from Durham

• Registered Users Posts: 36,260 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well at least ye got out from under the thumb of those powerful unelected Bureaucrats lads! :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

devnull wrote: »
    Didn't sound.sure she would get r question though.
    If you were DC, would you let her ask a question?

It really doesn't. But don't let reality get in the way.

do you deny that DC is a hate figure who is seen as a driving force behind a hard brexit and a threat to the BBC's licence fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Jon Craig on sky there saying Cummings divides the tories - remainers hate him and brexiteers love him. Pretty poor analysis that i think, brexiteers hate cummings as much as remainers. Did he not listen to Steve Baker yesterday. I'd bet outside of Johnson and Gove, no-one would shed a tear to see the back of Dom.

• Advertisement

Jon Craig on sky there saying Cummings divides the tories - remainers hate him and brexiteers love him. Pretty poor analysis that i think, brexiteers hate cummings as much as remainers. Did he not listen to Steve Baker yesterday. I'd bet outside of Johnson and Gove, no-one would shed a tear to see the back of Dom.
    apparently he's a right arsehole. he's messed up here and his many enemies smell blood in the water but the actual offensive itself (breaking restrictions) is a storm in a tea cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pologise dom.
    Apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

do you deny that DC is a hate figure who is seen as a driving force behind a hard brexit and a threat to the BBC's licence fee?
    That's moving the goalposts a lot. I douby anyone will deny he is a figure of hate amongst Remain voters.

But you literally said 'the whole Dominic Cummings furore boils down to Remainer revenge'.
    So how come arch-Brexiteer MPs are also on his case?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nobody should even know who he is. He made himself a public figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If you were DC, would you let her ask a question?

If I were Rigby I'd give someone else the question! And coach them on the best type of follow up if they get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,636 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wondering how this will go. He is not a polished politician who is experienced with the rough and tumble of a press conference. Plus he has a disdain and contempt for the media as well as him having a temper. If he gets angry and loses his cool this could be a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

apparently he's a right arsehole. he's messed up here and his many enemies smell blood in the water but the actual offensive itself (breaking restrictions) is a storm in a tea cup.

I dunno, if i was a parent or sibling who wasnt able to attend a loved one's funeral or see them on their death bed because i followed the rules, i doubt I'd be able to see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Explain Steve "Brexit Hardman" Baker, Deputy Chair of the ERG coming out publicly against cummings

Is he magically now a remainer as well?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's a much bigger storm in a much bigger teacup than the Scottish CMO or the professor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Making people wait is really helping his case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement