Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UK response to Covid-19 [MOD WARNING 1ST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

maebee wrote: »
    He is completely incapable of admitting that he even made one tiny mistake.

It is a strategy at this point I think. Give your supporters anything to cling to and they will believe you are right. Once you start explaining why you made a mistake you are lost.

It is of course a horribly immoral strategy but from the UK and US it is an effective one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Daily Mail : Did you offer to resign when you saw the PM?
    Cummings: No, haven't considered it, etc.

Brass neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Enzokk

So when they left the house the wife was just ill and not confirmed with coronavirus. So why the need to rush 260 miles away?

Also, his child has some bladder control to not pee on a 260 mile trip but had to stop on the 30 mile trip to the beauty spot on the weekend. He just keeps lucking out that these unfortunate things keep happening to him that makes this situation look bad.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

robinph wrote: »
    Now his wife suddenly didn't have symptoms before the drive to Durham.

And you kno what they say about people who change their stories....

Judging by his hesitation afterwards and stuttering he's got the sinking feeling he just failed to keep his story straight.....

He could've stayed in an isolated cottage and still be involved. There's an Internet thing he ought to familiarize himself with it.

Can't wait till the media chases down his expert medical advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This fella is some piece of work.

Nothing to see here, did nothing wrong.

In reality he has completely undermined the containment measures of the government for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He has a brass neck the size of a hippo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Igotadose wrote: »
    Daily Mail : Did you offer to resign when you saw the PM?
    Cummings: No, haven't considered it, etc.

Brass neck.

Oh the arrogance is almost tangible.
    Breathtaking.
    Not even looking at this journalist asking the questions, writing on paper while being spoken to.
    ETA, he writes on the paper when he's under pressure I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Drove 30 miles with his family to check his eyesight was ok to drive to London! That's comical stuff. He's having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So he was having problems with his eyesight and decides to put the wife and 4 year old in the car to see if he would be alright to drive. Very safe thing to do Dom, put your wife and kid in danger of a car crash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ouch! The media are not taking any prisoners today. And this is bad news for the entire government and maybe their SAGE team come the media briefings. They have smelt blood and the existing levels of deference may well vanish.

Not well enough to drive, important government official, there was NO other way to get from Durham to London? There's like, no army that can help him?

The reality assault is pretty...impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Enzokk wrote: »
    No Mr Cummings, if you are so ill that you cannot look after your 4 year old then social services will look after him until family can pick him up or you are well enough to do it.

But if he was so ill, and his excuses for flouting the rules was his concern for the welfare of his child, why then do a 30 mile drive to test your eyesight with your family in tow. It's just absurd. Even Allforit will have to rest his case for the defense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think this statement and performance will be the end of him.

Arrogance beyond belief.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Drove 30 miles with his family to check his eyesight was ok to drive to London! That's comical stuff. He's having a laugh.

So he drove that far just in case but say his wife didn’t have COVID symptoms.. so what was the need to drive “just in case”

Changing his story again......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Since when has a day trip been counted as a way of testing your eyesight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Look out the window. Can you read the car reg? No? Stay put.

wish i was able to watch this. Sounds like he is digging a hole. Its like the Simpson's episode "dig up, dig up!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He drove 30 miles to test his eyesight. lol.

He is taking the pee here I think.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I correct in thinking that so far he has not apologised for any of his actions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The table he is sitting at is gas, like something you would use for wallpapering the living room.

Boris must be bricking it if this is going as bad as it sounds like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

dfx- wrote: »
    Probably to announce that he has full faith in Boris and he will be a great PM under his tutelage.

The headlines tomorrow will now be this statement...it falls into another day. Has a Special Advisor ever been given a televised statement to explain himself? PM and cabinet going out to bat for them and still it hasn't worked?

Nicely encaspulated there.

Truly a bizarre moment, particularly as the tabloid media and almost all Tories have swung against Cummings. WTF is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh Boris.
    Please sack this geezer.

Ooh. He admits to NOT seeking medical advice before going. The arrogance is strong in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I correct in thinking that so far he has not apologised for any of his actions?

LOL No!
    Of course not.
    He was never going to apologise.
    Thats not his mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

robinph wrote: »
    Beth Rigby just gave him an easy out of "should you have done different" and he still didn't take it.

Snap.

I posted that over in the British General Politics thread.

It was such a lay up.

---

This whole presser has been a disaster. It would have been better to not bother.

Panthro wrote: »
    Oh Boris.
    Please sack this geezer.

He's not that old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You are indeed correct. He will not even go a small bit of the way and admit regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Petrol question caught him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement