Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

How do you 'associate' on Twitter? :)

It's called movements. Like #MeToo that people associate themselves with and promote so it gets recognition.

You want to promote a group of racist. That your decision. Not sure why boards is allowing that? to be it would be against the charter and not something they would want to be associated with.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What's your issue with them may I ask?

I pointed out you were/are (continuosly) posting (quite authoritatively) about things that are untrue and you obviously have no clue about what you're posting about.

I mean I could post on the thread in agreement with you if you like, but then we'd both be wrong.

Simple as that.

If you can't work out the issue then that on you, not on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    It's called movements. Like #MeToo that people associate themselves with and promote so it gets recognition.

You want to promote a group of racist. That your decision. Not sure why boards is allowing that? to be it would be against the charter and not something they would want to be associated with.

:D:D It's a group of racists now?

So if somebody went on the #metoo group and said 'women are inferior'...#metoo would be a group of male chauvinists?

You have no clue about how twitter works, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What’s a vulture fund Bowie?

You falsely claimed you knew a short while ago.
    Anyway...
    They are private entities Fine Gael throws tax payer money at that make profits as the housing crisis worsens.
    Instead of building social and affordable housing in any great numbers FG engage in 25 year leases and other private rentals, as discussed, for everyone needing it including those that might be in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    It is best to keep quiet about things you know nothing about, never mind try and turn it back and imply the other person is the idiot "for not understanding" how things work.

This is good advice, and, don’t get me wrong here, I am not telling you what to do...

But, in my honesty opinion, you should read your own advice and try and follow it.

There have been a few times on these boards where you have not followed your own advice, and we all know how that ended.

• Advertisement

What is a vulture fund?
    Bowie wrote: »
    They are private entities Fine Gael throws tax payer money at that make profits as the housing crisis worsens.

No.

Bowie wrote: »
    You falsely claimed you knew a short while ago.
    Anyway...
    Instead of building social and affordable housing in any great numbers FG engage in 25 year leases and other private rentals, as discussed, for everyone needing it including those that might be in arrears.

Not really what they are

Vulture funds, private equity firms and pension funds which buy up distressed loans at heavily discounted prices, have invested heavily in the Irish market since many property owners went bankrupt in the financial crisis of a decade ago.

So you don’t understand what a vulture fund is....

The main hit on the Irish market was they swopped in during the recession and bought in huge section of the market from NAMA. Since then banks have also off loaded distressed mortgage to vulture funds. Who will throw out people than the banks can

:D:D It's a group of racists now?

So if somebody went on the #metoo group and said 'women are inferior'...#metoo would be a group of male chauvinists?

You have no clue about how twitter works, do you?

Sorry, what would you like to call them?

If you go around promoting the hashtag that’s a little different. You understand the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

you do understand the term racist and what it means?

racist
    /ˈreɪsɪst/
    noun
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

So unless Leo is not Irish (which is not true), or people discriminate against him because of his Indian heritage (which has not happened), it would be totally impossible for anyone here to even be considered racist no matter what they say about him.

They might say a lot of unflattering things about him, they might call him a liar for instance (which has been proven in Dail record), but none of them would be racist remarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dvmTm6whw

atticu wrote: »
    This is good advice, and, don’t get me wrong here, I am not telling you what to do...

But, in my honesty opinion, you should read your own advice and try and follow it.

There have been a few times on these boards where you have not followed your own advice, and we all know how that ended.

This post is a thing of beauty

• Advertisement

Sorry, what would you like to call them?

What they are...a collection of differing opinions on the subject of the hashtag.

It isn't a 'group' in the sense that it acts or contains the thoughts of a homogenous group.

You just revealed you don't know what you are talking about and keep digging.

efanton wrote: »
    you do understand the term racist and what it means?

racist
    /ˈreɪsɪst/
    noun
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

So unless Leo is not Irish (which is not true), or people discriminate against him because of his Indian heritage (which has not happened), it would be totally impossible for anyone here to even be considered racist no matter what they say about him.

They might say a lot of unflattering things about him, they might call him a liar for instance (which has been proven in Dail record), but none of them would be racist remarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dvmTm6whw

So this is not racism?
    (person details removed)
    Shows what happens when you let a non irish person run Ireland #notmytaoiseach

If not then what would you call it?

What they are...a collection of differing opinions on the subject of the hashtag.

It isn't a 'group' in the sense that it acts or contains the thoughts of a homogenous group.

You just revealed you don't know what you are talking about and keep digging.

Francie, I didn’t reveal anything apart from my disgust at what those people said.

You are the one going around promoting it.

So this is not racism?
    (person details removed)

If not then what would you call it?

It's a lie. Do you not see that one as well? Concentrate on the 'non Irish person' bit.
    Leo is Irish.

It's a lie. Do you not see that one as well? Concentrate on the 'non Irish person' bit.
    Leo is Irish.

Are you actually serious?

You are actually defending this statement?

Francie, I didn’t reveal anything apart from my disgust at what those people said.

You are the one going around promoting it.

:confused::confused: So if I mention 'fascists'' in a post does that mean I am promoting Fascism?

Promoting it would be 'You should all visit #notmytaoiseach and trawl through it to find a post to be outraged by'.

Leo is NOT a 'non Irish person' He is as Irish as you and me.

It is false/a lie to say any different.

Link.this tweet.....this could be like your imaginary 16 year old,the other day?

Ive read last 80 or so tweets and the top 30 or tweets.....this isnt the sentiment atal.....your misrepresenting,what is being said

(Twitter deosnt have a sort by controversial option)

Link.this tweet.....this could be like your imaginary 16 year old,the other day?

Ive read last 80 or so tweets and the top 30 or tweets.....this isnt the sentiment atal.....your misrepresenting,what is being said

Find it yourself....

Leo is NOT a 'non Irish person' He is as Irish as you and me.

It is false/a lie to say any different.

Keep digging Francie, maybe insult some unionist while your at it....who is your next target?

• Advertisement

This post is a thing of beauty

Thank you.

:D:D

I didn't read many of them, I just thought it relevant to say that two twitter hashtags, critical of FG were trending. Seemingly I am now promoting 'racist groups on Twitter'. :):)

Interesting that a good long trawl had to be done to find that tweet redgirl is outraging about. :)

Find it yourself....

Imo....its like your imaginary 16 year old

Its not there,i didnt find a single tweet,of a racist nature that your describing under that hashtag.....tbh i was suprised,there wasnt any

Your blowing smoke mate

:D:D

I didn't read many of them, I just thought it relevant to say that two twitter hashtags, critical of FG were trending. Seemingly I am now promoting 'racist groups on Twitter'. :):)

Interesting that a good long trawl had to be done to find that tweet redgirl is outraging about. :)

No, you just defended racism on here. Put a smiley face on that

No, you just defended racism on here. Put a smiley face on that

What????

Where was that? You better answer this time, as I have no intention of being accused of defending racism.

Imo....its like your imaginary 16 year old

Its not there,i didnt find a single tweet,of a racist nature that your describing under that hashtag.....tbh i was suprised,there wasnt any

Your blowing smoke mate

How many will times will you post about an imaginary 16 year old?

You can’t even use the shift or caps lock key, or to type a comprehendible sentence. Finding a tweet was always going to be a task too far for you.

How many will times will you post about an imaginary 16 year old?

Unlikely to be as many as you.....37 posts iirc was yours wailing about it
    You can’t even use the shift or caps lock key, or to type a comprehendible sentence. Finding a tweet was always going to be a task too far for you.

I copied and pasted the supposed tweet off your post,and a 2 year old tweet (from one of gemma odoherty supporter types),unrelated to the hashtag came up?

Unlikely to be as many as you.....37 posts iirc was yours wailing about it

I copied and pasted the supposed tweet off your post,and a 2 year old tweet (from one of gemma odoherty supporter types),unrelated to the hashtag came up?

The easy thing to do would be to post a link to the tweet, I would have thought. Most users of Twitter do that here.

What????

Where was that? You better answer this time, as I have no intention of being accused of defending racism.

So threatening people now as well?

• Advertisement

The easy thing to do would be to post a link to the tweet, I would have thought. Most users of Twitter do that here.

Where in the charter does it say I have to provide a source?

It’s your hashtag, off you go!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement