Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's WiFi everywhere Brendan, even up on a remote windswept hill in Longford.
    Another myth to put a few billion in corporate purses.

Are you suggesting FG frittered away tax payer money on another ill thought out and poorly researched contract? Time will tell.

McMurphy wrote: »

Has Flanagan lost the plot completely? I know FG have form for being socially distant pre covid, but this lad has PR issues. I guess it's refreshing to see his honesty in all it's beautiful horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Question 1 No

You have no problems with somebody else lying either I see, if it chimes with your bias.

Minimum wage is NOT a devolved matter. Anyone intimating that it is, is wrong or deliberately lying.
    He is the Taoiseach, he knows this stuff, so he is lying for effect and has been called out on it all over social media.

To Sinn Fein, he is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

You have no problems with somebody else lying either I see, if it chimes with your bias.

Minimum wage is NOT a devolved matter. Anyone intimating that it is, is wrong or deliberately lying.
    He is the Taoiseach, he knows this stuff, so he is lying for effect and has been called out on it all over social media.

To Sinn Fein, he is the gift that keeps on giving.

He wasn't lying.

Do you know how to post without trying to demean someone?

A poster mentioned vulture fund, I asked what was a vulture fund because I knew the poster didn't know. I never got an answer did I? Which confirmed they didn't know

Similar to the person here who read extensively about Cambridge Analytica but hasn't even got the basics.

That's not true. I gave you multiple names to try describe it to you and spoke on what they did. You were evading the point by pretending you not knowing the term had some relevance. Even if you didn't know the term the explanation and point were ignored by you.

You saw a Netflix doc. Based on that doc, you believe those people are out to help SF win over the big corporate backing like of FG? You obviously weren't paying attention. These organisations work for billionaires and multinationals...y'know, vulture funds and the like ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He wasn't lying.

He was either lying or he's incompetent/clueless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The problem is he does both very well

No he was telling the truth

Let’s make this simple, what’s the covid payment in the North?

He deosnt....he knows what he doing

His supporters will fall inline and believe what he says unchallenged....its quite something else to observe the blind-faith and buy-in to him from FG as he is far from,what FG would stand for in my area (their membership has seen alot of people lapse in my area,amoung tradional type members)

Bowie wrote: »
    That's not true. I gave you multiple names to try describe it to you and spoke on what they did. You were evading the point by pretending you not knowing the term had some relevance. Even if you didn't know the term the explanation and point were ignored by you.

You saw a Netflix doc. Based on that doc, you believe those people are out to help SF win over the big corporate backing like of FG? You obviously weren't paying attention. These organisations work for billionaires and multinationals...y'know, vulture funds and the like ;)

What’s a vulture fund Bowie?

• Advertisement

His antics have ensured that #notmy taoiseach and #varadkar are trending on twitter again.

And it isn't pretty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

markodaly wrote: »
    That sentance is thus a contradiction

Tell us, what exactly does FG have to lose here?

Another GE, looks like they will gain more seats, via the polls, and the state of the economy given FG are known to be good on this front.

Or... some other government takes shape with SF and FF or some other outcome, FG go into opposition and sit back and laugh when in months to come, all the empty rhetoric about governing dawns on the rookies, while the new cabinet $hit their pants trying to play senior hurling on the home front and in Europe.

I will openly admit that SF are most likely to increase their seat count if there is another GE, but I am adamant that FG will do so as well. I am not a fanboy, I am just realistic.

Well I would have thought the leader of FG would have a better insight than you.

Leo could not be more clear on the radio this morning, in his opinion he said FG would lose heavily in any subsequent general election if they entered government. Obviously he recognises that FG are very much out of favour in the eyes of the electorate. Will they do better if a general election is called if these coalition talks collapse? They might gain a handful of seats at most but will be in no position to coalesce with any party to form a government once its over.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has admitted that if Fine Gael goes into government again there is a possibility the party could win “only twenty-something” seats in the next election.
    “There's huge worry within the party that if we go into government again that we will be a diminished force and the counter-argument that I'm making, first of all, is that it is always the right thing to do by the country to have our party in government, but this does have to be a programme for government that has our stamp on it."

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/varadkar-worried-fine-gael-might-only-win-20-something-seats-in-next-election-1000869.html

Now how FG think they are going to dominate a program for government when the other two parties clearly have the majority of the seats in the Dail is another question that needs to be answered.

What the greens are demanding is going to cost billions, and we all know FF just love to spend money in a Late Late show kind of way where there's a little something for everyone in the audience.
    Then add to that the promise of not a SF housing program but something far more ambitious, that will cost far more than the 6 billion SF wanted to spend, being that FF/FG are claiming to do all that SF have proposed in their manifesto and more
    i. Prioritise the reduction of family homelessness, providing long-term
    secure accommodation for those in emergency accommodation and
    preventing new cases of homelessness.
    ii. Reduce the cost of land to improve the affordability of housing,
    employing all measures up to and including referenda.
    iii. Empower and fund the Land Development Agency to build homes on
    public and private land, to deliver new homes for affordable and private
    purchase, social housing, and cost-rental accommodation.
    iv. Prioritise home ownership and affordable purchase schemes, which will
    enable more people to own their homes and increase the number of
    new social houses.
    v. Develop the cost-rental model in all our cities and for student
    accommodation.
    vi. Create a new deal for renters, which is focused on providing more longterm security, stable and affordable rents, and greater choice.

How are FG / FG going to reduce the cost of land? Compulsory purchase orders? Additional taxation on land sales?

Cost rental accommodations? how are they going to persuade private business to build apartments or homes and then rent them out on a cost only basis.

Cheaper homes for those who wish to purchase? how is that going to work without scrapping stamp duty, subsiding purchase costs, or taxing the bejesus out of those selling properties above a certain price.

There's no way any program for government that involves FF and the Green's is going to have "a programme for government that has our stamp on it." as Leo said. What they have promised a spend fest liek nothing else before, and to do it without raising taxation to boot.
    You would either have to believe that any program for government that comes out of coalition talks is going to result in billions of borrowing and not "fiscal responsible" or "keeping the public finances in order" as Leo likes to put it, or that FG are yet again going to renege on promises made to the Irish people.

FG are dead, they want this coalition so bad that they are prepared to promise anything, because the alternative is likely to be that they never get to form a government again. This coalition, if it ever happens, will be the FG swan song,

You dont have to believe me, Leo himself has more or less stated that.

His antics have ensured that #notmy taoiseach and #varadkar are trending on twitter again.

And it isn't pretty. :D

#notmytaoiseach has 56 followers and less than 2500 tweets. How desperate is that? :P:P:P:P:P

Do you actually understand what trending means? :P

#notmytaoiseach has 56 followers and less than 2500 tweets. How desperate is that? :P:P:P:P:P

Yes.

The algorithm works out what people are talking about in your country and displays the most popular conversations in you 'trends'.
    Two of the trending topics this evening relate to Varadkar.

Tbf varadkar is taoiseach,the same way man city are premiership champions

Jesus,some gas one-liners on that :pac:

This is a good example of the "people" who use #notmytaoiseach

Putting yourselves into a lovely group with this lot.

(person details removed)
    Shows what happens when you let a non irish person run Ireland #notmytaoiseach

Get that c**t out #NotMyTaoiseach

No one likes him do they? Bout time ppl woke up to this anti Irish pig #NotMyTaoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

(person details removed)

No one likes him do they? Bout time ppl woke up to this anti Irish pig #NotMyTaoiseach

Blaaz is neutral in all of this, leave him be:)

(person details removed)

Do you understand how twitter 'works'?

You don't 'join' anything to use a hashtag.

:):) You think it's a 'group'. :)

(person details removed)

I dont tweet political sh1te :pac:

Soccer memes and gifs only (also some anti-rugby stuff,its really starting to take off last few months,join us in saving the world)

Do you understand how twitter 'works'?

You don't 'join' anything to use a hashtag.

:):) You think it's a 'group'. :)

Francie you mentioned the hashtag as some big movement to be proud of. Its just group of racist pigs.

If you are proud of it, that your decision. Rest of the World is disgusted by it

Ain't that an ironic post.

Sweet baby Jesus.

• Advertisement

Sweet baby Jesus.

Still trying to demean posters instead of discussing the topic. Does it normally work?

Francie you mentioned the hashtag as some big movement to be proud of. Its just group of racist pigs.

If you are proud of it, that your decision. Rest of the World is disgusted by it

There is racist's and liars and ignorant people everywhere. The point is they can comment on any thread on Facebook or Twitter.

If it helps you ignore all the other comments, work away at the outrage.

Still trying to demean posters instead of discussing the topic. Does it normally work?

Really the gift,that keeps on giving

There is racist's and liars and ignorant people everywhere. The point is they can comment on any thread on Facebook or Twitter.

If it helps you ignore all the other comments, work away at the outrage.

You want to associate with them. Off you go. That's your personal choice. Don't expect to post about it without people calling out what disgusting people they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Really the gift,that keeps on giving

Maybe FG have some sort of conspiracy group that she could join that trains and mentors those that would like to support FG in social media.

I notice she never responded to my previous reply to her post about her nefarious and evil SF link .

But yes her last few posts have been truly comical, unfortunately she probably does even get that what she has said demonstrates a complete ignorance of how social media works.

Listen, I'm not trying to "demean" you, if you think I am, report it to the mods, they'll deal with it.

You (again) have proven that you like to post about stuff you know the square root of shag all about.
    #notmytaoiseach has 56 followers and less than 2500 tweets. How desperate is that?

Do you actually understand what trending means?

As has been pointed out to you already, trending on twitter isn't a group, or something you sign up to, it is the amount of times something/one is mentioned on twitter, hence why both the #notmytaoiseach and #varadkar are trending, the "Varadkar" part most likely being synonymous with the former (as in someone has posted Leo's surname)

Read more about it here

You'll no doubt refuse to accept the advice/correction or whatever you want to call it, (you've form)

It is best to keep quiet about things you know nothing about, never mind try and turn it back and imply the other person is the idiot "for not understanding" how things work.

Wonder if #brainfart ever trended on twitter?

efanton wrote: »
    Maybe FG have some sort of conspiracy group that she could join that trains and mentors those that would like to support FG in social media.

I notice she never responded to my previous reply to her post about her nefarious and evil SF link .

But yes her last few posts have been truly comical, unfortunately she probably does even get that what she has said demonstrates a complete ignorance of how social media works.

This was your addition to the conversation after I said CA went after the swing vote
    efanton wrote: »
    The swing vote definitely can be affected by the media but not to the degree that you allude to. If you actually watch any documentary or read any in depth article about Cambridge Analytics, and companies similar to them, you would already know that. They openly acknowledge that they can't influence voters en mass but instead will target smaller groups of the electorate with messages specifically targeted at them.

So you just confirmed they go after the swing vote. What did you want me to comment on?

Listen, I'm not trying to "demean" you, if you think I am, report it to the mods, they'll deal with it.

You (again) have proven that you like to post about stuff you know the square root of shag all about.

As has been pointed out to you already, trending on twitter isn't a group, or something you sign up to, it is the amount of times something/one is mentioned on twitter, hence why both the #notmytaoiseach and #varadkar are trending, the "Varadkar" part most likely being synonymous with the former (as in someone has posted Leo's surname)

Read more about it here

You'll no doubt refuse to accept the advice/correction or whatever you want to call it, (you've form)

It is best to keep quiet about things you know nothing about, never mind try and turn it back and imply the other person is the idiot "for not understanding" how things work.

Wonder if #brainfart ever trended on twitter?

So far your addition to the thread today McMurphy
    Do you rely solely on WhatsApp and meme's for your news sources?

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2020/0420/1132623-coronavirus-education/

I thought earlier on that you were just being deliberately obtuse.
    I did read your post. I even reread it.

You are aware of certain newsworthy stories because of WhatsApp and meme's. Meanwhile are blissfully unaware of other high profile headlines.

You couldn't make this up.
    I'm not trying to demean anyone - however do not place aspersions on anyone's character, of if they're "ignorant" on anything

The other day you didn't know what a vulture fund was lest we forget.

Sweet baby Jesus.

You want to associate with them. Off you go. That's your personal choice. Don't expect to post about it without people calling out what disgusting people they are.

How do you 'associate' on Twitter? :)

• Advertisement

So far your addition to the thread today McMurphy

What's your issue with them may I ask?

I pointed out you were/are (continuosly) posting (quite authoritatively) about things that are untrue and you obviously have no clue about what you're posting about.

I mean I could post on the thread in agreement with you if you like, but then we'd both be wrong.

Simple as that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement