Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Last week I picked up a bottle of Brewmaster Red. I wasn't expecting a hell of a lot from it but honest to God, it was dire. Flat, sugary, apathetic, lacking any body and tasteless; this was a total disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got some cask hybrid delivered in a box from the local brewery. 5L that needs to be consumed by Monday. Challenge accepted

This won't be hard

5297952795ccac731b5fc695ae31f4c1_640x640.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Lockheed

bottle of Miller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Lockheed wrote: »
    bottle of Miller.

Jaysis, rough times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Currently on a "Märzen to the Fire" out of Galway Bay Brewery. Very good stuff! It's the first smoked beer I've had - something very different. Smokiness isn't overpowering.

Looks like I got one of the last cans from Craft Central.ie - they're sold out atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Any sign of last years 200 fathoms? I know it was pushed back but I haven't heard a peep about it since. Was it dumped?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any sign of last years 200 fathoms? I know it was pushed back but I haven't heard a peep about it since. Was it dumped?

Pretty sure they bottled it a month ago, just before the world turned upside-down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lomsa Non Pasteurised. It’s my favourite beer by a distance. Any other good non pasteurised out there lads?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lomsa Non Pasteurised. It’s my favourite beer by a distance. Any other good non pasteurised out there lads?

Pretty much every Irish craft beer would be non-pasteurised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Thank your Lucky Stars by Wylam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cracked open a few pales last night, starting with Underworld by Black Donkey. It was amazing; a great oomph of flavour throughout that made me take my time. This is IMO definitely their best beer to date and one that they need to brew again. It was followed up with Trouble Brewing's Ambush, which lived up to it's juicy promise and again, I savoured it's every drop. After that was two bottles of Farmageddon's Wee Gold and their Hemp IPA; both good beers in their own right but but they were a step down in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Zephyr by Lineman was a nice throwback to old west coast IPAs.
    Hop Bullet by Sierra Nevada is one of the best beers I've had in a while. Had an arrogant bastard as well. My god it's bitter but still enjoyable.

The sun went away so just opened myself a Stag Stout.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Polonez stocks Timişoreana Nepasteurizatá. It's fine but I don't think it's as good as the Łomża one.

Polonez, Rathmines and Mary Street at least, is a treasure trove of weird random beers. Try the Lithuanian kriek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Not much else in the fridge apart from a few Indie Pale Ales from Brewdog

I’ve a growler full of Doc Browns sitting this good while that I’m going to open now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had a can of Needs More Cowbell with dinner. I'm chilling 3 Black Donkey beers and 3 Treaty City beers in the fridge. Not bad, as the man says.

Had a can of Needs More Cowbell with dinner. I'm chilling 3 Black Donkey beers and 3 Treaty City beers in the fridge. Not bad, as the man says.

I hope none of the latter three are Embrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

was Embrace bad... ?

Nope. Haven't gone near that one. Stuck to Hell's Gate, Harris, and Thomond Red. The Edge sour wasn't bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I tried Patronus from Lidl it's a Wheat Beer brewed in Munich and very similar to Erdinger, it's beautiful stuff and well worth a try if you like German Beer plus it's half the price of Erdinger..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Bought a few bottles of Aldi Brown Bear Session IPA as it was only 1 euro. Not too bad. Could sink a few of these on a hot day. Nothing close at that price if you're on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

BeerNut wrote: »
    Polonez stocks Timişoreana Nepasteurizatá. It's fine but I don't think it's as good as the Łomża one.

Polonez, Rathmines and Mary Street at least, is a treasure trove of weird random beers. Try the Lithuanian kriek.

I've gotten a couple of random beers in a Polonez - which I have generally enjoyed - but I have no real way of differentiating what's what. Any you'd recommend in particular (aside from that kriek)?

The basic Ursus lager is decent if not spectacular. I quite liked the Three Hills pale ale from Moscow Brewing recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Had Wicklow Wolf's Arcadia. Labelled as a gluten free larger, and Untapped identifies it as a kolsch style beer. Easy drinking, nothing extraordinary. Reminded me of a Stella, hm.

Also had a Whiplash beer for the first time, their Body Riddle pale ale. Very nice stuff, I pleasantly enjoyed it.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Untapped identifies it as a kolsch style beer.
    That's out of date. It used to be, but it's a cool-fermented lager now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads what are generally considered the best beers by you guys?

Lads what are generally considered the best beers by you guys?

The best beers available in Ireland, or the best beers in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Lockheed wrote: »
    bottle of Miller.

That’s the most harrowing Coronavirus story I’ve heard so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got my mini keg from Blacks today, ordered the mango IPA but received the session, not too bothered, hopefully get some sun tomorrow afternoon and chip away at it.

Advertisement