Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

My tipple

(Is it possible to post straight to the thread without having the attachment?)

510954.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

mfceiling wrote: »
    Had a can of Vietnow from Trouble Brewing last night.
    It was lovely!!

Got a case of Ambush and Vietnow earlier this week. Trouble do some lovely beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My tipple

(Is it possible to post straight to the thread without having the attachment?)

510954.jpeg

510954.jpeg
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised to see Wander Beyond made it to Ireland. The UK's version of Omnipollo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Just finished off Rascals White IPA. Absolutely lovely. Between their IPA, their tropical fruit IPA and this I am seriously impressed. All three cans were top notch.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Just finished off Rascals White IPA. Absolutely lovely. Between their IPA, their tropical fruit IPA and this I am seriously impressed. All three cans were top notch.

Give Judge Juicy a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

BaZmO* wrote: »
    510954.jpeg
    Yes

How did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

How did you do that?

He lined up the bottles and cans and then pressed the button on his phone camera app :)

Give Judge Juicy a try.

Doesn't seem to be too readily available from my usual go to outlets... Will keep an eye out. Was very impressed by the cans I had this past weekend. Haven't heard of them much or seen their product a lot prior to this.

• Advertisement

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be too readily available from my usual go to outlets... Will keep an eye out. Was very impressed by the cans I had this past weekend. Haven't heard of them much or seen their product a lot prior to this.

They do some great stuff, I’m a massive fan of the big hop red too. It’s well worth a visit to their place whenever the time may be that we can go to these places again and they do a pizza as savage as the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

They do some great stuff, I’m a massive fan of the big hop red too. It’s well worth a visit to their place whenever the time may be that we can go to these places again and they do a pizza as savage as the beer.

Second that, a great afternoon out for a few beers and pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Since the 12th of March:

Einsiedler Hell
    Pilsner Urquell
    Budvar
    FES
    Weihenstephaner Helles
    Fullers London Pride
    FES
    2x FES
    Fullers IPA
    St. Austell Tribute PA
    St. Austell Proper Job IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Found one of these by chance in the RTE archives and it then linked to the others:

1969 - The end of pubs bottling their own stout. Can't for the life of me figure out how that cork remover yoke at 0:48 works.
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/2019/0122/1024760-changes-to-bottled-stout/

1980 - Guinness shortage due to strike
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/2020/0409/1129520-guinness-stout-shortage/

1983 - Metric "pints" introduced to keep the cost under £1
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0206/938689-mayo-metric-pint/

1986 - Explosion at James's Gate
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/0829/812632-blast-at-guinness-brewery/

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

1969 - The end of pubs bottling their own stout. Can't for the life of me figure out how that cork remover yoke at 0:48 works.
    https://www.rte.ie/archives/2019/0122/1024760-changes-to-bottled-stout/

The only video I can find showing one. They were still in some bars when I started working in them in the late 90's. Much heavier duty than this. Handy when you had to open a rake of bottles for a function.

I remember using one of those to open about 200 wine bottles once(2015)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How did you do that?

You click into your uploaded pic to get the link location;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=510954&d=1587903325

and then put before it and after it

RasTa wrote: »

He (appears to) get out of the car wearing gloves, no indication these were changed prior to him getting out of the car. He goes to the boot, and uses the gloved hands to open the boot. He uses the same gloved hands to handle the tap, and glass. At one point he uses the same gloved hands to handle the rim of the glass. So many touch points! No indication on how payment is taken - does he have a mobile set up to take contactless payments?

And I won't get started on the risks I can see from the collection of glasses.

And let's not even get into his license to do this?

I might be dry sh-te, but this seems rather unnecessary and a little risky given the current circumstances. I'm all for supporting the publicans (assuming he is a publican, not a cowboy with a set up) but surely, if they wanted to do this, it's safer to distribute cans/bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,150 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is absolutely no way that is legit licence-wise. Your premises is defined on the licence and it sure as hell doesn't include "back of barmans Navara".

Growlers filled on-site and sold as off sales is a different story

• Advertisement

No chance a €5 pint of Heniken beats a €1 can either

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

I got a tip from my dad that Lidl were doing some "fancy beers" this week. Picked up the Imperiale French lager from Abbaye de Vauclair for tonight

A couple of years ago these had a Wit in Lidl that was way better than it had any right to be for €3 in a 700ml bottle. Blue label, keep an eye out for it.

I have no idea who brews it or where. Probably French at a guess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

A couple of years ago these had a Wit in Lidl that was way better than it had any right to be for €3 in a 700ml bottle. Blue label, keep an eye out for it.

I have no idea who brews it or where. Probably French at a guess

Abbaye de Vauclair. Got good reviews from Mr Nut, can't remember if I've actually had it though. Will keep an eye out for it in Lidl.

abbaye_de_vauclair_biere_blanche.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Crooked stave st Bretta saison.

A good 'un.

Although I'm a sucker for anything that has Brett in the description

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Stay Safe DDH IPA by Hopfully Brewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I bought Lomza from two different shops this week and they both taste different than usual. Has anyone ever experienced this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lads I bought Lomza from two different shops this week and they both taste different than usual. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Wasn't the unpasteurised version by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

I had 6 bottles of Coopers Red Sparking Ale on Sat night, very tasty.

• Advertisement

Not quite right now but seeing as it’s the last day of fun and I’d a dry weekend, I’ve just put a few Far Side and Black Buckets in the fridge for later.

Advertisement