Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I often wonder if the farmer knows their product sells for €300 per kilo. I wonder what they would say.

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2019/07/18/elida-estate-gesha-earns-1029-per-pound-in-record-breaking-best-of-panama-auction/
    Real quality speciality coffees sell for high prices for the green bean. Good farms tend to get rewarded in quality circles of production.

This is why a lot of people in the specialty coffee business get frustrated with the likes of 'Fairtrade' and other branded terms. Good roasters have direct relationships with farmers and they get paid fairly for the quality of produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

agree with the above, that Geisha stuff is grown and processed to be a "competition" coffee, the farmer knows what he's doing, and knows the value of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so i just bought my first bean to coffee machine but have probably got ahead of myself as i know nothing about coffee beans!.... Im an americano drinker when im out and about

had a nespresso and this was my tipple
    https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/order/capsules/original/fortissio-lungo-coffee-capsule

what type of beans should i be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

get some supermarket beans to dial in your settings

then buy some real beans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

get some supermarket beans to dial in your settings

then buy some real beans

yeah probably a good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

A shout out to West Cork Coffee - I had an issue with delivery and customer service was spot on getting it sorted and generously refunding the order due to the delay (courier issue, no fault of WCC).

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Old Baracks Roastery in Birdhill Co. Limk well worth a look..excellent coffee and excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Springwell wrote: »
    A shout out to West Cork Coffee - I had an issue with delivery and customer service was spot on getting it sorted and generously refunding the order due to the delay (courier issue, no fault of WCC).

I ordered from them for the first time about 3 weeks ago - super happy - threw in a 50g sample of another bean too which was a really nice touch - wish more places would do sample sizes tbh. Great way to try a new bean!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

I ordered from them for the first time about 3 weeks ago - super happy - threw in a 50g sample of another bean too which was a really nice touch - wish more places would do sample sizes tbh. Great way to try a new bean!

caviardreams

What did you order. Coming to the end of my 3fe beans, which I have to say were fantastic as I got 25% off at the time before lock down.

The Brazil - Fazenda Sertão (my favourite - would absolutely reorder on a regular basis!) and the Colombia - Finca El Nivel - also excellent. I like a nice rich, chocolately coffee mind you, not one for the citrusy ones!

Got a sample of the Peru and it was very nice too - slightly preferred the two I ordered though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Brazil - Fazenda Sertão (my favourite - would absolutely reorder on a regular basis!) and the Colombia - Finca El Nivel - also excellent. I like a nice rich, chocolately coffee mind you, not one for the citrusy ones!

Got a sample of the Peru and it was very nice too - slightly preferred the two I ordered though.

I'm going to try these guys out. Seems to be a good bit of word for them. How long did delivery take take?

Assume they roast to order, or once a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm going to try these guys out. Seems to be a good bit of word for them. How long did delivery take take?

Every time I've ordered from WCC it's been at most 2-3 days after. He roasts on a regular basis earlier on in the week.

Although currently the postal system is a mess, it might be a bit longer, but that's the same with basically anything at the moment.

Just got 3 bags, delighted with them.

Slattsy wrote: »

I may have just got lucky but ordered the 23rd, the roast date was the 24th March and arrived on the 25th! I imagine there may be courier delays at the moment that are worse than when I ordered, but even with a few extra days it would be fresh.

@Caviardreams,

Ordered .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Just wondering if anyone has tried the ariosa coffee subscription?
    One 500g bag per month for 6 months is 90 quid.

Got delivery today from WCC. They threw in a handmade bar of dark chocolate. Roast date was yesterday. Ordered Sunday evening. Very quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,604 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I see Indigo and Cloth have a Lychee Process coffee from Nomad on their website. Very tempted but I've way too much in the freezer at the moment and €32 for 200g is a bit pricey for an anaerobic.

mad m wrote: »
    Got delivery today from WCC. They threw in a handmade bar of dark chocolate. Roast date was yesterday. Ordered Sunday evening. Very quick delivery.

What did you go for? Let us know how it goes - I need a refill next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Is there a list of Irish roasters anywhere that sell online?

I would like to support small irish business as much as possible right now.

Thanks.

Is there a list of Irish roasters anywhere that sell online?

I would like to support small irish business as much as possible right now.

Thanks.

There's probably a few missing off the list but here's a fair few:

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Root and Branch (Belfast)
    Bailies (Belfast)

• Advertisement

What did you go for? Let us know how it goes - I need a refill next week!

I went for the Brazil - Fazenda Sertão .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane
    Cloud Picker
    Imbibe
    Red Rooster
    Craft Coffee
    Two Spots
    Urbanity
    9th Degree
    McCabes
    Two Fifty Square

Root and Branch (Belfast)
    Bailies (Belfast)

To add to this. If you buy Coffee Angel, you're by extension supporting Bailies who roast their beans or so I've been told by 3 of their baristas at different times.

Weepsie wrote: »
    To add to this. If you buy Coffee Angel, you're by extension supporting Bailies who roast their beans or so I've been told by 3 of their baristas at different times.

Yep few different places doing their own labelling on roasters stuff, Bear Market do the same with Silverskin I think.

Soma is another one I left off the list, forgot they roast their own too.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Yep few different places doing their own labelling on roasters stuff, Bear Market do the same with Silverskin I think.

Soma is another one I left off the list, forgot they roast their own too.

Wow. That's brilliant. Thanks so much, it's great to see so many on the list. Let's hope they all get a share.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

mad m wrote: »
    I went for the Brazil - Fazenda Sertão .

I went for these beans as well.

They also threw in a small sample of Tano Ndogo beans from Kenya which were delicious!

fergpie wrote: »
    I went for these beans as well.

They also threw in a small sample of Tano Ndogo beans from Kenya which were delicious!

Don't see the kenyan bean on the site... might give this one a try when I order next week: https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/eugenia-nohemy-diaz as well as replenishing my stock of the Brazilian bean

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

dreambeanscoffee.com is the online sales arm of Greenbean Coffee Roasters in Dundalk. They currently have a mix and match buy any 4 bags and pay for 3. The cheapest one will be free. Some excellent 2 Star Great Taste Award coffees there too. Free delivery over €30.

Full Circle
    Upside
    Ponaire
    West Cork Coffee
    3fe
    Silverskin
    Roasted Brown
    Ariosa
    Baobab
    Badger and Dodo
    Bell Lane