Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

it could be dpd

in fact, i'd be 99% certain it is at their side

2nd this. I've ordered a bit over the last few weeks and DPD are very slow in delivering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

CosmicFool wrote: »
    2nd this. I've ordered a bit over the last few weeks and DPD are very slow in delivering.

DPD are a disaster at the moment... Ive had a rake of problems with them.

The biggest issue is their lack of honestly.. rather than saying they're having problems they say that you didn't provide the correct address, you weren't home, they tried multiple times.. all bull**** for the fact they are overstretched and can't manage the deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Bluefoam wrote: »
    DPD are a disaster at the moment... Ive had a rake of problems with them.

The biggest issue is their lack of honestly.. rather than saying they're having problems they say that you didn't provide the correct address, you weren't home, they tried multiple times.. all bull**** for the fact they are overstretched and can't manage the deliveries.

How are they still in business had huge problems with them even before Covid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

it could be dpd

in fact, i'd be 99% certain it is at their side

As you predicted. Called to my wife's business at lunchtime last Monday and didn't ring just left. Discovered it's back at their depot and when I rang today to see when they would deliver it today they said the van had gone out and the package is still in depot. Monday now. I'm out of coffee. I won't be ordering again of Bailies if this is the service DPD are offering. I have no problem with any other deliveries. Bag of Sh**e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Ordered from Bailies over a week ago and no sign of the coffee. Is this unusual for them to be so slow? A year since last order but never had to wait this long.

When did you order? They normally roast on a Monday and I get it on a Thursday/Friday. Lot of problems with DPD at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

DPD have lost a lot of corporate, and small business custom during this crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Great list of roasters here including details of free shipping etc. Some new names to try!

https://www.scaireland.ie/2020/04/coffee-club-ireland-roasters-cci2020/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Great list of roasters here including details of free shipping etc. Some new names to try!

https://www.scaireland.ie/2020/04/coffee-club-ireland-roasters-cci2020/

Kinsale Coffee seem super cheap... 21euro for 1KG bag! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Tabby McTat

I know they don't roast their own (Bailies coffee I think) but I ordered off Coffee Angel yesterday and was delivered to me today. They are not using a courier it seems - think it was an employee who hand delivered it.

Was waiting over 2 weeks for an order from Cloud Picker using....DPD.

• Advertisement

Never heard of Wild Heart Coffee. I messaged them on IG to find out if they had any Rwandan left and they were super friendly. Ordered some so I'll report in cause they're only opened. Said they'd have four more types of coffee on their webstore in about two weeks.

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Never heard of Wild Heart Coffee. I messaged them on IG to find out if they had any Rwandan left and they were super friendly. Ordered some so I'll report in cause they're only opened. Said they'd have four more types of coffee on their webstore in about two weeks.

Oh that sounds great - seems good pricing too

PS Coffee roasters piqued my interest. Might contact them about roast dates etc as info on their site is a bit scanty

Anam looks interesting too

Kinsale does seem cheap - but it's not single origin so maybe that's a factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Oh that sounds great - seems good pricing too

PS Coffee roasters piqued my interest. Might contact them about roast dates etc as info on their site is a bit scanty

Anam looks interesting too

Kinsale does seem cheap - but it's not single origin so maybe that's a factor

I've been out in PSCoffee's cafe out in Naas, really nice spot and great coffee, really nice Slayer on the bar too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

10% off for the Bank Holiday weekend

CODE: BREWMANCE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

ingalway wrote: »
    10% off for the Bank Holiday weekend

CODE: BREWMANCE

Where's that for?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Where's that for?

Late night?

:D

• Advertisement

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Where's that for?
    Bailies
    It's weird that the title doesn't show up on the mobile site but it's in the desktop version.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ah ok, odd indeed...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

In defence of Bailies and DPD...

Ordered...22/05/2020 @ 11:57
    Dispatched...22/05/2020 @ 15:59
    Delivered... 26/05/2020 @ 13:59

Given there was a weekend in there I'd say that was pretty impressive.

adrian522 wrote: »
    In defence of Bailies and DPD...

Ordered...22/05/2020 @ 11:57
    Dispatched...22/05/2020 @ 15:59
    Delivered... 26/05/2020 @ 13:59

Given there was a weekend in there I'd say that was pretty impressive.
    I ordered...24/05 @ 16:50
    Delivered...26/05 @ 10:25
    I actually ordered sooner than I needed thinking I'd be waiting a week!

Brian? wrote: »
    These guys do the best coffee in Ireland, IMO streets ahead of anyone else.

They regularly have micro lots of coffee bought directly from farmers co ops.

http://www.baobab.ie/#

Know baobab well. Used to drive out to their place when I first started getting into speciality coffee so I've a bit of a soft spot. Have you tried coffee from many roasters in Ireland? Calendar are probably my favourite if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Calendar are probably my favourite if I'm honest.
    Love the flavors artwork on their website and packaging.

The 20% off at Bell Lane (THANKS20) ends tomorrow I think!

Bailies Guatemala El Limonar is there best one this year imo. Outstanding coffee.

Raging I missed that Panamanian coffee. I rarely see them available to purchase in Ireland for whatever reason. Still dreaming about those Panamanian coffees I had in Taiwan.
    Just opened a bag of the Bailies El Limonar and used in Aeropress. It is outstanding. I tend to go for African natural process but this has turned my head toward Central America. Very glad I bought 2 bags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Free shipping for Bell Lane for orders over €20..
    SHIP20

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

What do folks recommend from 3Fe. I'm back on work so passing them by a few times a week.

I picked up a bag of Brazil - Passeio: Pulped Natural, Rubi. Wasn't mad on it and then changed my aeropress method for it after a few coffees and found it to be super.

I have some stuff coming from yellow bourbon in the UK. Brasil Mantiquiera de Minas natural , Peru El Osa , some of their espresso beans and some green beans to try roasting myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

It fustrates me no end that no irish roaster can get anywhere near HasBean on price, even allowing for the £10 shipping they charge to Ireland. I really want to support Irish roasters but hard to pass on 2kg of coffee for less than €60 (€11 of which is for shipping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

beanian wrote: »
    It fustrates me no end that no irish roaster can get anywhere near HasBean on price, even allowing for the £10 shipping they charge to Ireland. I really want to support Irish roasters but hard to pass on 2kg of coffee for less than €60 (€11 of which is for shipping)

You can get 2kg delivered from Roastedbrown (which I fecking love) for €68. Not exactly and the price you're looking for but not too far off.

https://www.roastedbrown.com/shop/brazil-serra-do-cigano-direct-trade-espresso-250g1kg

Cheers, ended up going with CoffeeAngel this time €68 for 2kg and a pack of filters delivered.

Also, worth mentioning, Cloud Picker have 20% off their SAM coffee. €25 for 1kg. If I hadn't of just polished off 2kg of this coffee I would have gone for this again as it's great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Similar to two other posters, ordered from Bailies on Tuesday after 10pm, at my door today by 2pm via DPD.
    Went with El Limonar Pacamara and SHB, great tasting coffees from aeropress and espresso, thro my NS Muscia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

DPD Parcel Wizard have improved. A bit over a week ago it took them 7 days to deliver something from the time they got it. Now it's back to next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Cheers, ended up going with CoffeeAngel this time €68 for 2kg and a pack of filters delivered.

Also, worth mentioning, Cloud Picker have 20% off their SAM coffee. €25 for 1kg. If I hadn't of just polished off 2kg of this coffee I would have gone for this again as it's great value!

Bought 1kg of this - thanks! I don't know if I'm getting lazier or cleverer, but when I'm running low on beans, I just come here and scroll up until I find something I like the sound of. It's a good system that's served me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

I've been looking for an Irish resource for fresh coffee (So hard to find in the local towns)

Glad i have stumbled on this thread. Must read it all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

What's the roast date on that SAM? Wonder if it's March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I hope not or my last comment will really have bitten me on the arse :p

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I am running low and was going to put order my current from Roastedbrown, Brazil -Serra do Cigano - anyone drink the same and made a switch to alternative or recommend something similar? I fancy a change.

The first batch I ordered was a March roast date, however this was explictly called out on the product page. I dont see that there anymore so assume it's freshly roasted.

ingalway wrote: »
    Just opened a bag of the Bailies El Limonar and used in Aeropress. It is outstanding. I tend to go for African natural process but this has turned my head toward Central America. Very glad I bought 2 bags!

Indeed, nearly three weeks after getting those beans and the flavour profile is still very strong. It needs a slightly longer drawdown to really hit those brown sugar notes. I've found just over 3 minutes on the v60 to be the sweet spot. Their Costa Rican Volcan Azul is also another strong one from them. They are really getting their Central American coffee beans selections spot on.

Quite happy with Wildheart coffee. The Honduras for me is better than the Rwandan but that could be due to my own personal preference towards Central American coffees. For a first roast it's very strong indeed. Brewed them for pour over and it's been promising. I'd recommend people give them an order next week when they update their online store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭limnam

Weepsie wrote: »
    What do folks recommend from 3Fe. I'm back on work so passing them by a few times a week.

I picked up a bag of Brazil - Passeio: Pulped Natural, Rubi. Wasn't mad on it and then changed my aeropress method for it after a few coffees and found it to be super.

I have some stuff coming from yellow bourbon in the UK. Brasil Mantiquiera de Minas natural , Peru El Osa , some of their espresso beans and some green beans to try roasting myself

I've enjoyed Blue Hora recently

10% off Bell Lane single origin this weekend: single10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Slattsy wrote: »
    DPD have lost a lot of corporate, and small business custom during this crisis.

They deserve it. They’re an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Klopp wrote: »
    I am running low and was going to put order my current from Roastedbrown, Brazil -Serra do Cigano - anyone drink the same and made a switch to alternative or recommend something similar? I fancy a change.

It's a nice coffee. Dark chocolate, cherry flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Mahers coffee has a 10% off promo at the moment. WELCOMEBACK2020

Another superb next day delivery from coffeeangel, ordered at 9pm last night and was dropped at my door at lunch time today. Ordered a couple times over the last couple months and always been the same.

Really enjoying the Los Alpes they have, on my second bag of it now but I'm a sucker for anything with blueberry tasting notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Another superb next day delivery from coffeeangel, ordered at 9pm last night and was dropped at my door at lunch time today. Ordered a couple times over the last couple months and always been the same.

Really enjoying the Los Alpes they have, on my second bag of it now but I'm a sucker for anything with blueberry tasting notes.

whats the roast date? Interested to know, as I believe there coffe is roasted in Belfast. Would like to know if its shipped to CA in batches, or sent individually from belfast to the end customer...

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Tabby McTat

It's great how quickly Coffee Angel are delivering. I'd say they have won some more loyal customers over the last few months. Karl, the owner, hand delivered my first order and someone else from the shop did the next time i ordered. Not relying on couriers is a big advantage these days.

I ordered coffee a few weeks ago and roast date was 7 days before delivery, so 6 days pre-order.

• Advertisement

whats the roast date? Interested to know, as I believe there coffe is roasted in Belfast. Would like to know if its shipped to CA in batches, or sent individually from belfast to the end customer...

3rd of June was the roast date on both the bags I got, they're delivering it themselves by hand (at least within Dublin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Finished the 1.5 kilos i got from WCC. Will need to try something new. Anyone else doing a deal similar to that of WCC for 1kg bags?

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yup Bailies do their coffee and have been for a long time (bailies do a few places down here). I imagine that they don't get the regular DPD service, and the owner of Bailies visits now and then afaik.

I have Bailies keep cups, and the CA barista spotted it and launched into regaling me about his love of coffee, and if I'd tried such, and recommended loads of other places too. I miss working close to a CA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

is anyone aware of anywhere that does a 100% Robusta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Just cracked open a fresh bag of Bell Lane house blend. Absolutely delicious especially on a rainy, miserable day like today.

Any recommendations for a similar bean to try? Thinking chocolatey and caramel hints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement