Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta Thunberg (Continued...)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The travel restrictions should remain in place indefinitely to mitigate climate change. The government should only let businesses with good climate credentials reopen in a few months after the lockdown. The war on climate change can be tied into the war on coronavirus.
    A Communist has Spoken !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 NMHS

Very few,if anybody here or elsewhere is "attacking" or "putting down" Greta Thunberg in the sense that you,perhaps,wish them to do.

What makes you think I would wish them to? Why would anyone wish to see attacks/put downs' of a 17 teen year old in this instance or of anyone for that matter?
    Personally,I feel very much that the manner in which Greta Thunberg has been handled,packaged and turned into a travelling circus by a close knit,politicized clique is bordering on mistretment if not worse.

You are of course allowed to feel any way you want. I hardly know where to begin with this tbh. What makes you think there is some shadowy cabal orchestrating the handling, packaging and mistreatment here and who are they? You wouldn't even commit to your half assed assertion of mistreatment, you rely on the qualifier "bordering". Where do you place this border that apparently noone has crossed?
    Remembering always that Greta Thunberg was not the originator of the "Schoolstrike for Climate" action,it did however prove to be the Marketing Tool which her handlers rapidly spotted and latched onto.

That's news to me, who did start it then?
    Those who Greta Thumberg feels have "stolen her childhood" are not to be found on these fora,nor out in the greater World at Large where many hundreds of thousands of Childhoods are stolen due to the lack of basic modern standards of hygene and education,yet not a care for these realities is expressed by the off-stage fugures constantly to be found by Greta Thunberg's side as she travels the World peddling the truth as SHE sees it.

Something you need to realise is that there is only one truth. It's called the truth. Again with the shadowy cabal, anything but address the points she makes eh?
    This perception issue cuts to the core of the issue,as Greta Thunbergs Aspbergers influenced thought mechanism's do NOT function as others do.

So? Please define the core of the issue for me.
    So,are we to rule out the role/s Depression can play,in shaping a 12 year old child's perceptions of life and the broader World ?

No obviously. What has that got to do with her points on the issues? Are they less valid because she was depressed at one point?
    Factor in the diagnosis of Aspbergers at around the same age,and surely even casual observers,must be allowed to make conclusions other than what,the now Multi-National Thunberg cause,wish us to embrace ?

Why must the casual observer (you) be allowed to draw incorrect conclusions without offering evidence to support those conclusions?
    As for Greta herself being the driving force behind the crusade,this may not be as clear as now being portrayed...

May not, bordering, again with the commitment issues.
    For me,this indicates a certain shaping or even grooming of a somewhat "differently" structured young mind,and that does not sit comfortably with me personally.

To broadly accuse those who do NOT agree with the Thunberg crusade as "Idiots" may well offer you some sense of superiority,but believe me,watching how the now Adult,Greta Thunberg has had her "stolen Childhood" further adjusted and perhaps permanently altered makes me very very Sad...nothing more just Sad.

Every parent does their best to shape their childs mind, that's largely what parenting really is. Are you a parent? Grooming? Steady on there! Hell of an accusation you are making. You know if you suspect grooming you should really be reporting it to some authority. Greta is 17, not an adult, I see even basic factfinding eludes you.

Lastly, I'm sure you are sad, very sad indeed.

blinding wrote: »
    Why did they Use a Child in the First Place ?:eek:

Hoping that it would cover their racket :eek:

Why did who use a child for what? What exactly is the racket?

NMHS wrote: »
    Why did who use a child for what? What exactly is the racket?
    Greta as the Great Tax Generator Racket silly.

Tax the Poor so Greta’s mates can use Private Jets More:eek::eek::eek:

Idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Idiot.

He's not wrong

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    He's not wrong

It's always possible I'm missing something, can you explain, preferably with evidence?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    He's not wrong
    Remarkable how Many Private Jetters were On Board with Greta !:eek:

It really was quite the Elite-ist thingy !:eek:

I suppose the Elites could see the advantages for themselves of Greta’s Taxes for Themselves. !:eek:

It's always possible I'm missing something, can you explain, preferably with evidence?

Remarkable how Many Private Jetters were On Board with Greta !:eek:

It really was quite the Elite-ist thingy !:eek:

I suppose the Elites could see the advantages for themselves of Greta’s Taxes for Themselves. !:eek:

Even if I was to credit this with a minimum of possibility, what has that got to do with Greta, her points on the issues or her campaign? Oh and what are Gretas' taxes?

• Advertisement

Geta’s Schtick gave the Politicians all the Cover they Needed to Tax this, that and the other (oooh err missus )

Why do you think so many Politicians loved Greta ? They would be talking about the end of the world with these Greta Big Grins on their faces as they climaxed over all their shiny new taxes ( oooh errr missus )

Of course these taxes were going to be for the masses and the poor ( aren’t they always )

Do you think the Private Jetters would have been so fond of Greta if they were the ones going to be paying. Of course Greta’s Private Jetters would have been looking forward to pricing the Rif Raf off the Skies ! Vroom Vrooom, Clear for take off ! !

Geta’s Schtick gave the Politicians all the Cover they Needed to Tax this, that and the other (oooh err missus )

Why do you think so many Politicians loved Greta ? They would be talking about the end of the world with these Greta Big Grins on their faces as they climaxed over all their shiny new taxes ( oooh errr missus )

Of course these taxes were going to be for the masses and the poor ( aren’t they always )

Do you think the Private Jetters would have been so fond of Greta if they were the ones going to be paying. Of course Greta’s Private Jetters would have been looking forward to pricing the Rif Raf off the Skies ! Vroom Vrooom, Clear for take off ! !

So you can't explain in any coherent fashion then. No evidence of anything either. I get you.

So you can't explain in any coherent fashion then. No evidence of anything either. I get you.
    You could not see all the Politicians lining up “ The Greta Taxes ! “ :eek::eek::eek:

Which one do you want the bells on ? ? ?

The Politicians loved Greta for her Tax Generating Potential and for Nothing Else ! !

You could not see all the Politicians lining up “ The Greta Taxes ! “ :eek::eek::eek:

Which one do you want the bells on ? ? ?

The Politicians loved Greta for her Tax Generating Potential and for Nothing Else ! !

You may put bells on any you want but you can't offer any evidence of anything so maybe no bells in the end eh?

Without offering evidence you risk being seen as a troll. Is that what you are trying to be?

You may put bells on any you want but you can't offer any evidence of anything so maybe no bells in the end eh?

Without offering evidence you risk being seen as a troll. Is that what you are trying to be?
    Are you seriously telling me that you could not see that the Politicians were lining up Taxes upon Taxes on the Back of Greta.

I hope you do not leave the house un-supervised. Your Naivety is Legion !

Lets start with this. Maybe while I'm doing not much else I can help you become more informed about the kinds of issues that prompted Greta into action in the first place and help you dispense with what appear to me to be misguided notions at best.

Lets start with this. Maybe while I'm doing not much else I can help you become more informed about the kinds of issues that prompted Greta into action in the first place and help you dispense with what appear to me to be misguided notions at best.
    The " Guardian “. Oh what a sweet little Naive Communist you are !

The Guardian would Tax a person’s covid-19 breath and give it to the Chinese Communist Party as thanks to the Chinese Communist Party !

The Guardian is neither fair or balanced. It is run by Wealthy Communists who Want Standard Communism for the Poor and Champagne Communism for those like themselves ! !

The Guardian would Tax a person’s covid-19 breath and give it to the Chinese Communist Party as thanks to the Chinese Communist Party !

The Guardian is neither fair or balanced. It is run by Wealthy Communists who Want Standard Communism for the Poor and Champagne Communism for those like themselves ! !

Of course you didn't read it! Of course you can't debate. Here try this instead, it's for children. Will you also tell me NASA are communists?

Of course you didn't read it! Of course you can't debate. Here try this instead, it's for children. Will you also tell me NASA are communists?
    Why would I waste my time reading a newspaper if ill repute that is not impartial and fair.

Its a mouthpiece of elitist Communists that have an agenda of bring in two types of Communism. Standard Communism for the masses and Champagne Communism for the Elite .

You surely can do better than that !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Whether you think climate change is a tax hoax or not, the article referenced discusses the wanton destruction of the environment and natural habitats. There's no denying this is causing and will continue to cause massive problems, including the spread of disease.
    Look at our own uplands over the past few weeks, farmers are burning hills and destroying natural habitat so sheep can graze there, this is illegal and the authorities seem to turn a blind eye to it. 80% of our waterways are polluted and salmon aren't coming back to spawn any more.
    We are one of the most denatured countries in the world and it just seems to be getting worse, hardly any trees and the forest we do have is nearly all tree farms of sitka spruce.
    Our capitalist destructive machine will be our downfall if we don't learn to live in harmony with nature sooner or later.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1251049522928717827

• Advertisement

Why would I waste my time reading a newspaper if ill repute that is not impartial and fair.

Its a mouthpiece of elitist Communists that have an agenda of bring in two types of Communism. Standard Communism for the masses and Champagne Communism for the Elite .

You surely can do better than that !

I can, though obviously you won't read any of these, they might interfere with your comfortable delusions. You need to step outside the bubble you're trapped in and greet the world honestly and openly. You might grow a bit.

I can, though obviously you won't read any of these, they might interfere with your comfortable delusions. You need to step outside the bubble you're trapped in and greet the world honestly and openly. You might grow a bit.
    Of course you are in the " In the Know Click “ The Elite that should foist their opinions on others whether they want them or not.

I sincerely hope you, and your like stick to Democracy but I certainly wouldn’t bet on it ! ! !

Of course you are in the " In the Know Click “ The Elite that should foist their opinions on others whether they want them or not.

I sincerely hope you, and your like stick to Democracy but I certainly wouldn’t bet on it ! ! !

I'm very far from elite :D. It's obvious you don't want any opinion that might have a basis in reason, any opinion that contradicts what you think you know. It's hard to teach someone who's afraid to learn. I hope you don't mind my asking but where in the world are you from? It's hard for me to imagine you went through the Irish education system.
    Trust me the "In the know" clique is a better hangout than the don't know much at all.

“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”
    —Greta Thunberg

"You are not mature enough to tell it like is," she said at the summit, addressing the Secretary-General. "Even that burden you leave to us children. But I don't care about being popular. I care about climate justice and the living planet."
    —Greta Thunberg

Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in March 2019, and a few months later she became the youngest individual ever to be honored as Time's Person of the Year.

I'm very far from elite :D. It's obvious you don't want any opinion that might have a basis in reason, any opinion that contradicts what you think you know. It's hard to teach someone who's afraid to learn. I hope you don't mind my asking but where in the world are you from? It's hard for me to imagine you went through the Irish education system.
    Trust me the "In the know" clique is a better hangout than the don't know much at all.
    The ‘ In the Know “ reference was sarcasm.

I have had a skim through your recommendations and Yeah the answer is TAXES , TAXES, TAXES. Greta makes Politicians very Happy:eek::eek:

I dunno

every time we get a newcomer to the thread rending their clothes and wailing that we are "attacking a child"

- which yknow for a two part thread, several hundred pages long, on a celebrity who carries on like a right plum in public and casts a very wide attack path herself to get what she wants, remember, there is actually very little attacking of her done

and the wailing continues that the environment is serious business and something must be done!

- yeah most of us know that, but we dont actually believe that policy by teenage performative tantrum (or the people/movement behind it) is either particularly democratic nor particularly sustainable

and the wailing continues that anyone with a problem about any of the whole thing is an idiot, a denialist, a bully, should be disregarded

- which tbh always looks like ad hom to me, but even if not is certainly not an argument, and in fact it looks and feels exactly like the tone one expects from an authoritarian cult

well any time a new entrant to the thread starts with that, i feel like they should really read the thread tbh

but hey its 2020 and you cant question a twitter cause, people who congratulate themselves on following twitter causes get very very upset

The ‘ In the Know “ reference was sarcasm.

I have had a skim through your recommendations and Yeah the answer is TAXES , TAXES, TAXES. Greta makes Politicians very Happy:eek::eek:

If you say so. Hard to detect sarcasm when it's cloaked in nonsense. So what did you glean from your skim that confirmed your bias for you? Do educate me.

Taxes on those who can afford it are part of the solution whether you or anyone likes it or not. Now, doesn't that make you happy. I doubt you can afford it so it shouldn't affect you. But those who have profited from the planets limted resources should be taxed and that money allocated for the green energy solutions to replace coal/oil/gas in as much as is possible. Continually throwing carbon into the atmosphere will not result in the end of the world, just the end of mankind.
    Taxes are ideally collected for the greater good of a society. Can you grasp the concepts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”
    —Greta Thunberg

"You are not mature enough to tell it like is," she said at the summit, addressing the Secretary-General. "Even that burden you leave to us children. But I don't care about being popular. I care about climate justice and the living planet."
    —Greta Thunberg

Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in March 2019, and a few months later she became the youngest individual ever to be honored as Time's Person of the Year.

Being named as Times person of the year is not an honour. If anything she should be embarrassed at sharing the title with some of the pervious recipients.

https://www.businessinsider.com/time-person-of-the-year-most-controversial-picks-2018-12

If you say so. Hard to detect sarcasm when it's cloaked in nonsense. So what did you glean from your skim that confirmed your bias for you? Do educate me.

Taxes on those who can afford it are part of the solution whether you or anyone likes it or not. Now, doesn't that make you happy. I doubt you can afford it so it shouldn't affect you. But those who have profited from the planets limted resources should be taxed and that money allocated for the green energy solutions to replace coal/oil/gas in as much as is possible. Continually throwing carbon into the atmosphere will not result in the end of the world, just the end of mankind.
    Taxes are ideally collected for the greater good of a society. Can you grasp the concepts?
    Taxes to beat down the masses to do the right thing. That will go down well.

Greta's pals in the Private Jets will use them to make Voluntary Tax Cash Dumps directly to Revenue and offset their Carbon Fly-Print.

Politicians will be ecstatic and thats what counts.

• Advertisement

I dunno

every time we get a newcomer to the thread rending their clothes and wailing that we are "attacking a child"

- which yknow for a two part thread, several hundred pages long, on a celebrity who carries on like a right plum in public and casts a very wide attack path herself to get what she wants, remember, there is actually very little attacking of her done

and the wailing continues that the environment is serious business and something must be done!

- yeah most of us know that, but we dont actually believe that policy by teenage performative tantrum (or the people/movement behind it) is either particularly democratic nor particularly sustainable

and the wailing continues that anyone with a problem about any of the whole thing is an idiot, a denialist, a bully, should be disregarded

- which tbh always looks like ad hom to me, but even if not is certainly not an argument, and in fact it looks and feels exactly like the tone one expects from an authoritarian cult

well any time a new entrant to the thread starts with that, i feel like they should really read the thread tbh

but hey its 2020 and you cant question a twitter cause, people who congratulate themselves on following twitter causes get very very upset

So no-one is attacking her? I'm not on twitter and I won't get even the tiniest bit upset. This is filling my otherwise quiet day in lockdown nicely. I'm not a member of an authoritarian cult as far as I know (would I know if I was?).
    The thing is it's not Greta who makes policy anywhere in the world but she does shine a light on the politicians who absolutely should be making policy, radical policy, to tackle climate change. That light also shines on us.
    Obviously I'm not going to read "several hundred pages" and yes I'm new. If you don't like what I have to say you don't need to engage though I'm glad you chose to.

Advertisement