Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Kilboor wrote: »
    Sounds like it's the perfect phone for you! The camera they're putting in the SE is the same lens as the main one in the iPhone 11 , and combined with the excellent chip for rendering photos/videos it should be excellent.

Bang for buck I couldn't think of a better deal at that price range right now but maybe wait for reviews :p

Yeah I love everything on the inside it's the outside I'm not sure I want to go back too. 4.7' screen, when all I've been use to is full 6'+ screens for the last few years. But again, like you said the camera and internals are excellent for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Have an iPhone 8 the last couple years and not that there's anything wrong with it i'm hankering to change up a generation or 2.
    Have been looking at the Xr or 11 with the trade in on the Apple site.
    This SE 2020 can be bought for 359€ with the trade in.
    My question is though is it worth the outlay for this model over the 8 could anyone with knowledge tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

davehey79 wrote: »
    Have an iPhone 8 the last couple years and not that there's anything wrong with it i'm hankering to change up a generation or 2.
    Have been looking at the Xr or 11 with the trade in on the Apple site.
    This SE 2020 can be bought for 359€ with the trade in.
    My question is though is it worth the outlay for this model over the 8 could anyone with knowledge tell me!

I went from an 8 to an 11 then sold the 11 about 3 weeks ago... Going back to this new SE. Biggest difference for me was camera and battery life, although the 8 wasn't bad at all!! I prefer touch ID also.

Don't mind the trade in, depending on your condition and capacity you'd sell an iPhone 8 for 250 to 350 on Adverts. Put that against your new SE instead! (in my opinion of course; Apple trade in process might be quicker than selling though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

rizzee wrote: »
    I went from an 8 to an 11 then sold the 11 about 3 weeks ago... Going back to this new SE. Biggest difference for me was camera and battery life, although the 8 wasn't bad at all!! I prefer touch ID also.

Don't mind the trade in, depending on your condition and capacity you'd sell an iPhone 8 for 250 to 350 on Adverts. Put that against your new SE instead! (in my opinion of course; Apple trade in process might be quicker than selling though)

Yeah the trade in option was literally just cos it’s guaranteed and done no waiting to sell ! And unless someone within 2km wants to buy my iPhone I’m screwed. Could do postage sale but not a fan of them sooner meet and sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I wonder are we still getting an iPhone 9 and 9 Plus?

I think I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and get a 12 Pro or something

(Currently still using 8 Plus but like my home button rather than having to swipe up. A virtual home button on screen even would be welcome but I realise not conducive to function / design)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Gekko wrote: »
    I wonder are we still getting an iPhone 9 and 9 Plus?

I think I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and get a 12 Pro or something

(Currently still using 8 Plus but like my home button rather than having to swipe up. A virtual home button on screen even would be welcome but I realise not conducive to function / design)

The iPhone SE is the "iPhone 9". There is a Plus model rumored but apparently its delayed.

So who's going for the Se today?

Size comparison from redmi note 8 pro (that I have) & iPhone Se 2020

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-SE-2020,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-8-Pro/phones/10750,11278

It's a small screen when you compare them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Strongly considering it here. I would be retiring my launch day 6, which is long overdue. I’d love to get the rumoured 5.4” iPhone 12 but that is another 7 months away (if it materialises). My patience has run out.

I mainly want to update my Apple Watch and pair my AirPods pro properly. I’m also finding it hard to justify spending over €1k for features that I really don’t need.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Will probably pre-order for my wife. Her iPhone 7 battery capacity is down to 30% so either new phone or new battery. A lot of bang for buck in this phone. Presale starts at 1pm?

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Will probably pre-order for my wife. Her iPhone 7 battery capacity is down to 30% so either new phone or new battery. A lot of bang for buck in this phone. Presale starts at 1pm?

Yep, get yourself here at 1PM :)

• Advertisement

If you pre order and decide you don't want it, can you cancel the pre order without being charged? I believe there is a 14 day return policy, does that apply even if you use it within those 14 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ordered the 128gb version there, says I'll have it by next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Ordered the 128gb version there, says I'll have it by next Friday.

64gb arriving Friday too

64gb arriving Friday. Anyone know anything about the 14 day cooling off? If I was to use it does that void it?

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    64gb arriving Friday. Anyone know anything about the 14 day cooling off? If I was to use it does that void it?

First thing that pops up on Google when typing in Apple 14 day returns:

For any other undamaged product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we'll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Considering moving from an old S7 to one of these purely due to its size. Is it hard to adjust when moving between android to Apple? Only thing I can think of is that I'll lose is my Google photos and earphone jack. Beyond that is there anything else ?

Sticking with Android and going with the S10e is the only other alternative it seems.

Considering moving from an old S7 to one of these purely due to its size. Is it hard to adjust when moving between android to Apple? Only thing I can think of is that I'll lose is my Google photos and earphone jack. Beyond that is there anything else ?

Sticking with Android and going with the S10e is the only other alternative it seems.

You won't lose Google photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Google photos in available on iOS. The only thing I can think of is it’s impossible to transfer WhatsApp backups from Android to iOS so you will lose your conversations.

Had an S10e last year, really nice phone if you get rid of Samsung’s launcher. Feels great in the hand, great screen, battery is not the best though if you use it a lot.

PreOrders Delivery dates pushed to 28th April - 5th May on Apple site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

You won't lose Google photos?

Oh right. Shows how little I know. That changes things now :)

• Advertisement

Oh right. Shows how little I know. That changes things now :)

Google integration is very easy on an iOS now. Infinitely more than it used to be.

PreOrders Delivery dates pushed to 28th April - 5th May on Apple site now.

Can see it pushed further with time. COVID causing delivery challenges and high demand for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I ordered a 128 GB earlier, delivery date shown was Friday 24th. I went for Black.

Yeah I think it depends on what you go for. Red 128gb is 1-2 weeks now

Anyone know if the carriers recieve the phones early so they are able to ship to customers on the launch day?

Shn99 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the carriers recieve the phones early so they are able to ship to customers on the launch day?

Not sure... I see VF have the PreOrders online now too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I moved from an Android phone to the iPhone 8 128gb model last year and haven’t regretted it for a second. As others have said above you won’t lose Google Photos or anything else Google from what I have seen. The SE 2020 looks like great value for what it is, perfect size with a better camera and newer processor. Half tempted to give the wife my 8 and get the SE, but going to hold out and see what the 12 is like later in the year.

Not sure what charger comes with the SE but the one that came with the 8 is pretty crap so I’d recommend getting the fast charger (unless you have a fast charging wireless one already).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I moved from an Android phone to the iPhone 8 128gb model last year and haven’t regretted it for a second. As others have said above you won’t lose Google Photos or anything else Google from what I have seen. The SE 2020 looks like great value for what it is, perfect size with a better camera and newer processor. Half tempted to give the wife my 8 and get the SE, but going to hold out and see what the 12 is like later in the year.

Not sure what charger comes with the SE but the one that came with the 8 is pretty crap so I’d recommend getting the fast charger (unless you have a fast charging wireless one already).

You get a crappy 5w charger so no fast charging. So if you want fast charging pick this up https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSNZJ8R/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_ZPhNEbSB625HM it has 18w of charge delivery.

I also picked up a twin pack of nice charger cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZVN2MGX/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_BQhNEb9PX5P8N

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    You get a crappy 5w charger so no fast charging. So if you want fast charging pick this up https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSNZJ8R/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_ZPhNEbSB625HM it has 18w of charge delivery.

I also picked up a twin pack of nice charger cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZVN2MGX/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_BQhNEb9PX5P8N

Choose USBC to lightening charger cable

• Advertisement

Shn99 wrote: »

Update on this, pre ordered yesterday and recieved an email today with a tracking number and dispatch confirmation

Advertisement