Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE 2020

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

64gb red version arrived this morning (Thursday) after being ordered Tuesday evening about 6pm. Impressive delivery speed. First new phone since the original SE with a 6s plus in between.

Loving it so far, super slick and not too small. Home button will take getting used to, but overall very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rizzee wrote: »
    Just swapped the phone and 100 euro for a new 64gb iPhone 11...

Where did you manage to get that deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Where did you manage to get that deal?

Adverts.ie :-) Just have to find the right person to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I got a 4 pack of case friendly ones from amazon. Are yours case friendly or Edge to edge? If using a case it might lift yours a little?

Just swapped the phone and 100 euro for a new 64gb iPhone 11...

No edge to edge tempered glass. Here is a photo of the screen protector I applied this morning. All the other 3 I applied did the same thing.

Fecking wrecking my head!! Going to be getting Applecare I reckon so might leave screen protector off. I hate doing it but can't stand this

Have you a link to the screen protectors that you used? Anyone else have this issue or is it just me??

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    No edge to edge tempered glass. Here is a photo of the screen protector I applied this morning. All the other 3 I applied did the same thing.

Fecking wrecking my head!! Going to be getting Applecare I reckon so might leave screen protector off. I hate doing it but can't stand this

Have you a link to the screen protectors that you used? Anyone else have this issue or is it just me??

That would annoy me too! I got these, can't fault them :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MQ47B2H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Advertisement

Hearing about the battery on these has put me off completely. It looks decent otherwise. Onto the s10e it seems.

The 4A looks like a better option than the 10e if you were going that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The 4A looks like a better option than the 10e if you were going that route.

Just looking for something similar size to my S7. iPhone 11 Pro looks like a contender but the price doesn't. Think I might wait a few more months to see if it goes on sale.

The 4A not an old phone at this stage though ? Not sure id be interested in an Xiaomi tbh. Wouldn't be one to venture outside of Samsung or Apple anymore, anytime I have I've regretted it.

Just looking for something similar size to my S7. iPhone 11 Pro looks like a contender but the price doesn't. Think I might wait a few more months to see if it goes on sale.

The 4A not an old phone at this stage though ? Not sure id be interested in an Xiaomi tbh. Wouldn't be one to venture outside of Samsung or Apple anymore, anytime I have I've regretted it.

Sorry, the Pixel 4A. It’s not out yet but will be very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Blue Badger

Am seriously considering this phone as like the size of it but when compared to the likes of the P30 Pro can be got for the same bill pay prices (with Vodafone) do you guys think is still worth it?

Am a little torn atm hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi can someone recommend a fast charger please? I’ve no idea what I’m looking for!

• Advertisement

Am seriously considering this phone as like the size of it but when compared to the likes of the P30 Pro can be got for the same bill pay prices (with Vodafone) do you guys think is still worth it?

Am a little torn atm hahaha

Big difference is size though when you look at them.

Screenshot-20200515-204530-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Big difference is size though when you look at them.

Screenshot-20200515-204530-Samsung-Internet.jpg

That's the p30 lite you have there, p30 Pro is another beast again. Will have better camera and battery of course.

Just an update from yesterday since swapping to the 11 from the SE at 16:00 battery 95% it now at 46% - that's with a full restore and playing around all yesterday evening etc. It's night and day with the battery and that was a huge let down imo.

Must of clicked on the wrong P30. Heres a comparison with the Pro.

Screenshot-20200515-210439-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Not knocking anyone here but I dunno how anyone could be deciding between one or the other. Like deciding if you should buy a Fiesta or Mondeo.

Wonder will Apple consider customers feedback and upgrade the battery in models produced later down the line ?

Wonder will Apple consider customers feedback and upgrade the battery in models produced later down the line ?

Its probably reflective on the price point, you're getting the good processor so while you're using it then it's as good as the 11, the other peripherals such as better battery, screen, camera is what you pay the extra for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

That's the p30 lite you have there, p30 Pro is another beast again. Will have better camera and battery of course.

Just an update from yesterday since swapping to the 11 from the SE at 16:00 battery 95% it now at 46% - that's with a full restore and playing around all yesterday evening etc. It's night and day with the battery and that was a huge let down imo.

What was the equivalent on the SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Full charge lasted me 12 hours today with moderate usage, plenty of social media, few youtube videos, fitness tracking and browsing. Really impressed.

How bad is the camera in low light in real use? It looked shocking in some reviews but I always find the YouTube ones will exaggerate certain points either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I'm due a upgrade now with vodafone.

Which iphone would you go for in 2020 - SE 2020 vs iphone xs or the xr?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Tilikum17 wrote: »

XR or XS 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tilikum17 wrote: »

If you go onto the Apple website you can compare your phone to them. That’s if it’s a iPhone. I personally bought the XR 2 weeks ago and I love it :)

• Advertisement

Prob gonna be getting a 2nd one of these in a few weeks, gonna be weird and not as fun to open for a 2nd time

Had to return the one I had, turns out you need to change from PAYG to Billpay with Three through their My3 portal, however I was told by an agent online I had to click on order a new sim when making the order so my only option that involved keeping my phone number meant cancelling the contract and the phone which I was able to do, but I'll be a while waiting for the €219 refund and will probably be missing a bit since I didn't have the case for the earphones

I can't justify any of the plans around for the 11 or to buy it outright, the only one I would consider is that if you're switching to Three you can get it for €199 on their 45 a month a plan, but I'm with Three and I'm assuming you can't literally just switch on Monday to Vodafone and then be able to do this with Three

Advertisement