Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

With Delivery courier. :-)

Just delivered. Haven't opened it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Let us know what ye think, seriously considering this. In two minds though, go for the 11 or this. I like the size but the bezels are a bit annoying.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Let us know what ye think, seriously considering this. In two minds though, go for the 11 or this. I like the size but the bezels are a bit annoying.

Will do, I'm coming from a Redmi Note 8Pro. Much big brighter screen, Bezels not that annoying. Just took it out of the box and it's like going back in time. Looking forward to trying it out.

I would say that I will get use to it, the camera and video is the reason I left the redmi, along with Garmin notifications and just so many bugs!!

Will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Will do, I'm coming from a Redmi Note 8Pro. Much big brighter screen, Bezels not that annoying. Just took it out of the box and it's like going back in time. Looking forward to trying it out.

I would say that I will get use to it, the camera and video is the reason I left the redmi, along with Garmin notifications and just so many bugs!!

Will report back

I can't go to Android, very happy with IOS, just trying to figure out the next upgrade really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Has anyone actually had a successful order from VF for one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

rizzee wrote: »
    Has anyone actually had a successful order from VF for one of these?

Mine came this morning surprizingly, It said yesterday there was an error but it came nonetheless. I ordered mine on Saturday
    Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.45.38.png

Shn99 wrote: »
    Mine came this morning surprizingly, It said yesterday there was an error but it came nonetheless. I ordered mine on Saturday
    Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.45.38.png

Nice one! Enjoy!

I only ordered yesterday morning, only got the email confirmation of order a few minutes ago, they still owe me the 50 porting discount too... Here's to waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

rizzee wrote: »
    Nice one! Enjoy!

I only ordered yesterday morning, only got the email confirmation of order a few minutes ago, they still owe me the 50 porting discount too... Here's to waiting..

The parcel tracking is dismal, I got a tracking number sunday but it didnt start working til yesterday. Vodafone IT systems definitely gone to the dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

Shn99 wrote: »
    The parcel tracking is dismal, I got a tracking number sunday but it didnt start working til yesterday. Vodafone IT systems definitely gone to the dogs

Ordered a pixel 3a last year off them and it was shambolic. Amazing they can get away with it in this day and age. I suppose Ireland is only a drop in th ocean to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Enjoying mine. But having owned an 8 and then an Xs there’s not much of a “new” feeling to the experience :-)

quarryman wrote: »
    Enjoying mine. But having owned an 8 and then an Xs there’s not much of a “new” feeling to the experience :-)

Had an 8 and 11 myself. Still looking forward to it!!

Looking forward to people's opinions, especially battery life, in particular vs an 8, if its similar etc. A full day of average use would be grand for me anyway.

Mr.S wrote: »
    An 11 to a SE is a bit of an odd choice!

Unless you really like TouchID?

I went 11 to Note 10+ to Pixel 3a to SE (well waiting on it.... Using a P30 at the moment) all of them since mid March.

Have a few other phones also, swap and change regularly.

Ok first 24hrs with the phone.

Size:
    It does get some time to get use to it, I’m a larger screen user normally but want something cheap to get back into iOS ecosystem and pass on to the wife in Nov to replace her iPhone 8. I will probably go for the new iPhone purely for the iPhone 5 esk design (squarer edges) but I have to say if they had a small medium and large phone I would opt for the smaller version of the phone. It’s nice having a phone and being able to use it in one hand without worrying about dropping it. You don’t realise how good Touch ID is until you use it again!!

Battery:
    is good so far, with fast charging and wireless charging I never have a worry about battery. Standby time is amazing like all iPhones.

Screen:
    Coming from a Redmi note 8 pro and iPhone XS Max before that, it is a big difference but I don’t consume a huge amount of online video like Netflix on my phone so the screen although smaller than I remember using, you do get “use to it” and barely notice bezels. The brightness and contrast are great. Screen is vibrant

Camera:
    Amazing, so glad I came to iPhone, the phones camera are just so good, I’ve already taken some beautiful shots of the kids using portrait mode and they turned out beautiful. 4K video is fantastic. You can barely notice the difference between the iPhone 11 and the Se 2020. Fantastic camera and one of many reasons why I came back to Apple.

Summary:
    So far love it, glad I came back, screen is slightly small but you get use to it. I don’t consume much video on phone so screen not a major factor, in saying that, the screen looks great as do all screens done by phone. I would definitely recommend it to most people but if you are the type that must have a larger bright retina screen for Netflix etc this is not for you.

Hope this aids in helping someone choose this phone or not!

Also ordered Dbrand grip case

Battery stats attached, battery hasn’t been charged to 100% yet.

Thanks
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Hi,
    Tell me this, is the best value plan with this phone is to buy straight from Apple and then go with gomo for €13 monthly unlimited data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Billydoc wrote: »
    Hi,
    Tell me this, is the best value plan with this phone is to buy straight from Apple and then go with gomo for €13 monthly unlimited data?

If you can afford a phone outright you will save money in the long run by using a cheap network plan compared to paying a lump sum and paying for the phone over 18/24months.

Suprised: Got mine delivered this morning!

Ordered on Thursday, 128gb white. Thats my Sunday sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

Its look like you can get an apple tv+ one year subscription for free with new apple device.

Billydoc wrote: »
    Hi,

That’s exactly what I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

That’s exactly what I did

How do you find gomo?

pad199207 wrote: »
    How do you find gomo?

It’s on the eir network. I’ve never had a problem with them. Based around Kildare and Dublin. Cant beat their offer. Great monthly deal

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Received mine on Friday, only got to set it up yesterday. Finding the camera so good, the Portrait mode is great. First time transferring from iPhone (old SE) to iPhone...what a Godsend!

Now to find a suitable cover! Any recommendations?

Portrait mode is awful on the 11 so I’d be rightly miffed if they’ve got it working on a single lens on this now.

muggles wrote: »
    Received mine on Friday, only got to set it up yesterday. Finding the camera so good, the Portrait mode is great. First time transferring from iPhone (old SE) to iPhone...what a Godsend!

Now to find a suitable cover! Any recommendations?

Cameras is brilliant, portrait mode is excellent. Still get use to the size but great having Touch ID back and you do slowly get use to the screen size

I ordered the grip case from Dbrand use DEFRANCO link for 20% off

https://dbrand.com/defranco
    Access code is DEFRANCO for 20%

I also ordered a few cheap cases I’ve had before on other iPhones and they are great quality.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dS8N2Ez
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8M58e9

BobbyT28

Portrait mode is awful on the 11 so I’d be rightly miffed if they’ve got it working on a single lens on this now.

In what was is it awful?? I’ve seen the 11 portrait and it’s one of the best around

In what was is it awful?? I’ve seen the 11 portrait and it’s one of the best around

You have to be too far away and it cannot find the edge of anything with any transparency. Maybe it’s ok for faces but I don’t take them.

You have to be too far away and it cannot find the edge of anything with any transparency. Maybe it’s ok for faces but I don’t take them.

Only detecting faces Reginald so yeah, in that case you may be disappointed. New baby in house here, it’s all that’s being photographed! :-)

Cameras is brilliant, portrait mode is excellent. Still get use to the size but great having Touch ID back and you do slowly get use to the screen size

I ordered the grip case from Dbrand use DEFRANCO link for 20% off

https://dbrand.com/defranco
    Access code is DEFRANCO for 20%

I also ordered a few cheap cases I’ve had before on other iPhones and they are great quality.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dS8N2Ez
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8M58e9

BobbyT28

Cheers Bobby, I’ll check those out.
    Had a Spigen on the last one. Brilliant cover but quite chunky.

• Advertisement

muggles wrote: »
    Only detecting faces Reginald so yeah, in that case you may be disappointed. New baby in house here, it’s all that’s being photographed! :-)

Yeah Huawei do it that way too so I shouldn’t be too surprised. It’s not a massive deal anyway, I keep a pixel 2 on hand if I ever need to do a portrait of an object anyway.

Advertisement