Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

muggles wrote: »
    Received mine on Friday, only got to set it up yesterday. Finding the camera so good, the Portrait mode is great. First time transferring from iPhone (old SE) to iPhone...what a Godsend!

Now to find a suitable cover! Any recommendations?

Yep on the lookout for a decent slim cover myself, picked up a nice screen protector on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

What is everyone doing about insurance? Normally I would have the more expensive phones and used gadget insurance and added accidentally damage and loss normally €12.99pm (it’s come in handy a few times)

I see gadget insurance haven’t the se 2020 listed yet but I figure it should be around the same xr insurance. €7.99 + €1 for loss cover. It’s a pity apple doesn’t do the accidentally damage cover like they for the AppleCare+ in US.

What are all you doing, insurance it AppleCare+?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Haven't checked insurance yet but on my old iPhone 11 I used LoveItCoverIt and was relatively cheap (about 8 or 9 euro) and covered everything.

EDIT: Only €6.69 a month for the Premium Plan ( for 128gb model - €6.49 for 64GB). I've just signed up for it!

So far I've bought:

Multipack Glass protectors (4 pack - even come with a handy guide tool for the perfect fit, case friendly too.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MQ47B2H/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_327NEbKZFYH5Q

Spigen Ultra Hybrid case (fits like a glove and seems to be excellent quality. Great response from the buttons. Bought and used Parcel Motel, good price for a reputable brand like Spigen)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075SHQ5WT/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_y07NEb412AZ60

Clear Cover with Dust Proof Plug (bought x2 as they're so cheap!) ( I always get these cases with the dust port covers when possible. Minimal protection but I'd be very paranoid about moisture etc getting in the charging port so good to have imho )

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSyf1rc

Mr.S wrote: »
    For insurance coverage outside of Apple Care, am I right in saying that repairs are via 3rd parties and not via Apple?

Or does the insurer pay for Apple out of warranty repairs?

Not sure about loveitcoverit but gadget insurance use Apple certified 3rd repairs. I got my Xs max repaired from a crowd in ballycoolin ind est over in blanc. Great service and screen was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

You have to be too far away and it cannot find the edge of anything with any transparency. Maybe it’s ok for faces but I don’t take them.

Compared to the 11 Pro? Because you have to move further back (than a normal photo) for that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wonder when Three will have this as an option with bill pay, would hope its an option soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anyone get from Vodafone yet? Still waiting for a callback.

Anyone get from Vodafone yet? Still waiting for a callback.

Yep got mine.

rizzee wrote: »
    Yep got mine.

Were you able to order on their site or did you have to do it over the phone?

PS - presume yours was 128GB. I am looking for 256GB which still says “not available online”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

PS - presume yours was 128GB. I am looking for 256GB which still says “not available online”

I ordered mine online the day pre orders started and got mine last friday

• Advertisement

Ordered online (just about & I was overcharged - shocking system). Yep 128GB. Maybe the 256GB is out of stock? Did you try give them a call?

quarryman wrote: »
    Compared to the 11 Pro? Because you have to move further back (than a normal photo) for that too.

Never used a pro but I presume it’s better because of the extra telephoto lens.

rizzee wrote: »
    Ordered online (just about & I was overcharged - shocking system). Yep 128GB. Maybe the 256GB is out of stock? Did you try give them a call?

Yes, called them twice. Was told last week that I would get a callback when they got the stock in. Will try them again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Got a 256gb ordered for wife on vodafone same price as 128gb will be interesting to see what arrives. Terrible website took from saturday till tuesday to get order thru, got cancelled for no reason that we could find, support giving eir a run for money ( lol think eir was better).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

raytaxi wrote: »
    Got a 256gb ordered for wife on vodafone same price as 128gb will be interesting to see what arrives. Terrible website took from saturday till tuesday to get order thru, got cancelled for no reason that we could find, support giving eir a run for money ( lol think eir was better).

vodafone website is riddled with errors and bugs - customer support told me i should use the app as that was "way, way better"

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

App didn't work either, but it did arrive today and correct size as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Wonder when Three will have this as an option with bill pay, would hope its an option soon

Showing on the three website now

park500 wrote: »
    Showing on the three website now

Keeps crashing when I try to checkout though. Horrible horrible site

Keeps crashing when I try to checkout though. Horrible horrible site

Can't be much worse than VF site :)

Jesus Vodafone are something else. Rang them on Friday to enquire about stock and the customer service guy swore blind that they hadn't received any iPhone SE 2020s yet - no 64GB, no 128GB and no 256GB.
    I told him that I knew of people ordering and receiving one from Vodafone and he said no, I must be mistaken.

• Advertisement

Jesus Vodafone are something else. Rang them on Friday to enquire about stock and the customer service guy swore blind that they hadn't received any iPhone SE 2020s yet - no 64GB, no 128GB and no 256GB.
    I told him that I knew of people ordering and receiving one from Vodafone and he said no, I must be mistaken.

:D:D That's something else alright!!

I bought mine on their site and I'm still waiting on the €50 euro to be refunded into my account, however, they have sent €165 (!!!) credit to my phone in batches of €50/65/50 for some weird reason. Not that I've anything to spend it the credit on either, I'm just donating it when I can! So all in all, I'm not too pushed if I get the porting discount back but it's just a bit nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Contemplating getting this through vodafone, currently with Tesco Mobile prepay and I want to keep my old number. If I do go ahead with this will I be able to receive calls and texts while I wait for the new phone?

Second question is will I have to take a pic of my passport etc to prove who I am or whats the craic regarding that? Lost my pp recently and haven't received a new yet.

Dave Lee seems to like it overall and I was going to get the Mrs one but Christ those low light pictures were worse than a phone 5 years ago. I might wait and see what the 4a is like now. Has anyone heard if they’re going to implement some of the low light software?

Dave Lee seems to like it overall and I was going to get the Mrs one but Christ those low light pictures were worse than a phone 5 years ago. I might wait and see what the 4a is like now. Has anyone heard if they’re going to implement some of the low light software?

Worse than a 5 year phone?! Don' think so ! Have to say overall very happy with mine, the only thing that's bugging me is the keyboard (Gboard) is obviously smaller due to the smaller screen, but making a serious amount of spelling mistakes. Pain in the hole, suppose it's just a matter of getting use to it.

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Worse than a 5 year phone?! Don' think so ! Have to say overall very happy with mine, the only thing that's bugging me is the keyboard (Gboard) is obviously smaller due to the smaller screen, but making a serious amount of spelling mistakes. Pain in the hole, suppose it's just a matter of getting use to it.

Also, I think people forget that these phones have flashes for night photos 😂

BobbyT28 wrote: »

Try swiftboard.

Also using a 12w and 18w charger. Makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Looking at buying this phone as a birthday present for a family member. One thing that keeps popping up in reviews is a little negativity over the battery life.

Can anyone who has the phone give me their own opinion on the battery life? Think it's fine once it just about reaches a day through moderate use.

Thanks.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Looking at buying this phone as a birthday present for a family member. One thing that keeps popping up in reviews is a little negativity over the battery life.

Can anyone who has the phone give me their own opinion on the battery life? Think it's fine once it just about reaches a day through moderate use.

Thanks.

Now mine only came today, but it was at 100% at 2pm or so after charging it from the minute I got it

I havent left it down since doing bits here and there, deleting apps i dont need, signing into things but forgetting old passwords etc, all the things you do with a new phone, and its at 68%

I'm coming from the first SE which wasn't catastrophic bad at 3 years old but any real use during the day would then see it needing another charge come 7/8pm

Would need someone with more usage to get a proper gauge of course

Meglamonia wrote: »

Thanks.

Have mine nearly two weeks.

Unless they will be gaming on this you will easily last the day. I get on average around 4hrd SOT and get about 30hrs from full charge. I normally only charge to 90% at 7 am and I would be at 11% at 22:00 that night.

General usage, calls, messages, whatsapp, safari, odd YouTube video and social media. And a crossword game. Sometimes it will be down to 10% @ 20:00 bit with fast charging, wireless charging and charging in the car, I n3vwr really think about battery.

Also the standby time like on all iPhone is incredible.

Hope this helps

BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Generally the reviews that moaned about battery life was purely looking at the milliwatt hours number and comparing to the huge batteries in phones than have more power hungry screens.

Advertisement