Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enniscorthy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

In positive news, Malloca's is open again from tomorrow. Collection and delivery only.

Sandro's is my new favourite takeaway though.

I wonder are there any delivery jobs going? Could do with something at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

We tried Moronis (where ABC was) just for a bag of chips last week... very tasty but a much smaller portion than you'd get from Tony's or Sandros. It's plenty for 1 person but we're gone used to buying one bag and splitting it between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Sorry Folks for the little rant, but, in my local area in the past few days...

Local members of a certain community had an impromptu horse fair, about 50 of them together in a very small area (We call it Gahan's cross). Gardaí, were too busy to respond (Understandably, I guess...)

Someone I know called James Brown TD, and he must have gotten through to a better operator, because 2 bean Gardaí called up almost immediately (as if they could have enforced anything against a mob like that)

Down my street, in "Chappies" house, (a tiny Council bungalow) 40 to 50 members of the same ethnic minority having a gathering that the Gardaí just drove by, despite the boombox blasting out dreadful "Irish Country" Music?

They did stop some people out walking though, to ask them where they were going...

Directly across the road from Chappies, more members of the same community having another boombox party with about 70 to 80 participants. One of my neighbours had to go over at 12.30 AM to ask them to turn down the music so their children could go to sleep. He met nothing but ignorance, but, he's just as ignorant and hard as nails, so they turned it down...

I have a feeling that, all of a sudden, one certain group of people, will fill the ICUs, and no-one else will have a hope of getting the help they'll need, despite having payed their way for most of their lives...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

But it's up to us to be more tolerant of their 'culture'.......

Once a cnut, always a cnut. They'll never change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

johnnybmac wrote: »
    Sorry Folks for the little rant, but, in my local area in the past few days...

Local members of a certain community had an impromptu horse fair, about 50 of them together in a very small area (We call it Gahan's cross). Gardaí, were too busy to respond (Understandably, I guess...)

Someone I know called James Brown TD, and he must have gotten through to a better operator, because 2 bean Gardaí called up almost immediately (as if they could have enforced anything against a mob like that)

Down my street, in "Chappies" house, (a tiny Council bungalow) 40 to 50 members of the same ethnic minority having a gathering that the Gardaí just drove by, despite the boombox blasting out dreadful "Irish Country" Music?

They did stop some people out walking though, to ask them where they were going...

Directly across the road from Chappies, more members of the same community having another boombox party with about 70 to 80 participants. One of my neighbours had to go over at 12.30 AM to ask them to turn down the music so their children could go to sleep. He met nothing but ignorance, but, he's just as ignorant and hard as nails, so they turned it down...

I have a feeling that, all of a sudden, one certain group of people, will fill the ICUs, and no-one else will have a hope of getting the help they'll need, despite having payed their way for most of their lives...

Awful, if I said what I really think of them filling the A&E I would be banned from posting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In some related news, the "Bus Stop Shop" on Shannon Quay has reopened for business.

Meanwhile the Council (?) have once again shot themselves in the foot. Back in February I was horrified to see that a tree on my newly discovered riverside woodland walk, out towards Blackstoops, had been cut down. Worse than that, two crude, unfit for purpose seats had been chainsawed out of the remains and left beside the river. The inevitable has, of course, happened and one of the 'seats' is now in the river beside the railway bridge. Whoever thought there was a need to provide seats and to make them from a tree needs their head examined. Who is going to remove this from the river or will it be left until it's washed up against the Seamus Rafter bridge come the next flood?

SEAT%2BFINAL.jpg

Couldn't resist the urge to check out the situation further - still only 2km from home!

The entrance to the woods has been ploughed for some unknown reason and the approach is a mess. Acres of badly mown grass, the "Brooklyn Bench" and a heavily and needlessly strimmed bank. The woods have plenty of cans and other rubbish that the council would be better to spend their resources on cleaning up.

At the far end of the path the remaining log seat does not make a pretty picture and a small bonfire had been lit nearby. The amount of dog ****e has increased since my previous visit as has the amount of general litter - probably the result of more locals using the place since the lockdown. I have investigated the area further and there's a great variety of stuff dumped at the far end including a shopping trolley. Why can the Council not see what's right in front of their eyes. I really fear what they have in mind for the place - concrete paths, bins, galvanised lighting poles etc......... I will be pursuing the matter with the council and report back if I have any news.

BROOKLYN%2BAREA.jpgSEAT%2BAND%2BFIRE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Excellent response from the council after reporting dumping. It was gone within an hour or two.

kneemos wrote: »
    Excellent response from the council after reporting dumping. It was gone within an hour or two.

In fairness to the council, this is an area that I have found them very good in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Del.Monte wrote: »
    In fairness to the council, this is an area that I have found them very good in.

Because there's a chance they might get a name from the rubbish and fine someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

some wnkers set the sign just at the walk bridge down the riverside walk on fire too i see

Awful, if I said what I really think of them filling the A&E I would be banned from posting!!

Some amount of the fckrs around atm. Non local ones in big 201 jeeps.

For any old town heads here, what was the name of The Old House when Birds had it, can anyone remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

For any old town heads here, what was the name of The Old House when Birds had it, can anyone remember?

The Gilded Cage I think

E30i wrote: »
    The Gilded Cage I think

And bostocks before that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

And bostocks before that?

Was it Ger Newe's at some stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Was it Ger Newe's at some stage?

Originally and for generations Gers father was there prior to Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BlueSkyDay

Heaps of knackers around lately.seemingly some death of a family leader

BlueSkyDay wrote: »

fukcing every where, and they've taken over a derelict site beside the old gael scoil on the Ross Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

BlueSkyDay wrote: »

There was a death of a traveller in st Johns. Guards had to be called cos ye know just because there’s a pandemic crisis and people aren’t allowed visit etc a huge number decided to anyway and of course wouldn’t listen to reason.

Gotta feel for the staff, as if they haven’t enough to deal with at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bit of melee in Father Murphy park,lads fighting with bars and sticks. One lad run over by a car.
    So much for social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I was just shown a video of it, the lad hit by the car must be in an awful way.
    He was hit, then run over and the driver seemed to go out of his/her way to make sure to hit him...

He was hit, then run over and the driver seemed to go out of his/her way to make sure to hit him...

Unreal, just outside St Senans school, the lad hit isn't any sort of decent, but **** me that looked terrible. Hes responding in hospital apparently. All do to with drugs.

I heard 2 stories about the reason behind it and the names of some involved.
    It's Enniscorthy so no doubt there will be a hundred different ones by this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Is it crude or inappropriate to ask for a link publicly or by DM?

Am in a number of Enniscorthy groups on Facebook but either amn't in right one or it hasn't surfaced yet or I'm mixing in wrong circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Is it crude or inappropriate to ask for a link publicly or by DM?

Am in a number of Enniscorthy groups on Facebook but either amn't in right one or it hasn't surfaced yet or I'm mixing in wrong circles.

Just search Enniscorthy on Twitter. Posted several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

MichealD wrote: »
    Just search Enniscorthy on Twitter. Posted several times.

Thanks; got it there; it must've been in a group I'm in on Facebook too cos a post's been removed stating they didn't want to cause the victim or family any further grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Here is the video

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

More than likely over drugs

• Advertisement

Mondo44 wrote: »
    More than likely over drugs

Just been told that the lads in the car are travellers from Taghmon. There'd previously been a stabbing incident and they came looking for revenge.

Advertisement