Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks - That is probably why I can't see a button to actually order :-)
    I was not aware that you could not use parcel motel - thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Switch Lite (Grey) is on coolshop uk for £180 (€206)
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-lite-grey/AB53FJ/
    Coolshop Germany for €199
    https://www.coolshop.de/produkt/nintendo-switch-lite-grey/AB53FJ/

i didn't check shipping to Ireland or a virtual address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭eggy81

The metro games are 17 quid on the store. Has anyone played them. Do they run well on switch. Reviews seem good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Never played them in any form but there was a store selling the cart with both games on it for £30 via ebay. Unsure if they deliver to Ireland

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/metro-redux-for-the-nintendo-switch-from-ebay-boss-deals-simply-games-for-2999-delivered-3441486

Or from simply games who, I think, do
    https://www.simplygames.com/p/metro-redux-ps4-43600

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

This is on Smyth's Irish website for the neon red and blue Switch with improved battery life:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 17 April - 20 April

For the grey version, just a vague date of May 2020 is given. So for those still on the hunt for a regular Swith, I'd recommend keeping an eye on their site over the coming days.

Link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-with-improved-battery-life/p/182022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

eggy81 wrote: »
    The metro games are 17 quid on the store. Has anyone played them. Do they run well on switch. Reviews seem good.

They apparently have done a good job on them. I have them, got them on the South African store for €13. But haven't got a time to try them yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, my Xenoblade order from Amazon.fr has been nobbled.
    Apparently they can't get the stock, more likely they can't get the game at the price advertised.
    Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

tbahh wrote: »
    This is on Smyth's Irish website for the neon red and blue Switch with improved battery life:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 17 April - 20 April

For the grey version, just a vague date of May 2020 is given. So for those still on the hunt for a regular Swith, I'd recommend keeping an eye on their site over the coming days.

Link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-with-improved-battery-life/p/182022

That switch is in stock now. Probably won't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

Got one!

Had refreshed the Smyths site a few times this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The sale is ending this Sunday afaik.

I spotted Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus is only €3.65 in Sooth Efrika so that's a yoink for me

https://eshop-prices.com/games/474-pac-man-championship-edition-2-plus?currency=EUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Rocket League a decent price at 6.50 from South Africa too. Have it on Xbox and haven't put major time into it but that's never stopped me double dipping on the Switch before. Any thoughts on how it runs on Switch, just looking for something cheap and cheerful for a games with the lads online and fecked if I'm buying FIFA to partake. Rocket League seems like infinitely more craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've only ever played the Switch version. It chugs a little but I think that's my internet rather than the game. That said, there's never been a Nintendo handheld that didn't have inexplicably poor Wifi reception. One thing I haven't looked at since Online became a sub is what happens if you try to go online split-screen and only one of you has the sub. But I imagine they'll require you both to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

eggy81 wrote: »
    I got it last week and have played a bit. It's good but has a few annoyances that are probably due to the age of the game more than anything. Like the interaction hit box is small so you have to be in the exact right spot to pick stuff up or talk to people. And at the moment I think I'm supposed to talk to someone to continue the story but I've no idea where he is so just going to have to wander around trying to find people I can interact with, which brings us back to the first issue I mentioned. Don't think it's a Switch issue though. Been playing it fine on my Switch Lite. The rest of it has been good and there's been a few tense bits where I've nearly ran out of ammo completely.

skerry wrote: »
    Rocket League a decent price at 6.50 from South Africa too. Have it on Xbox and haven't put major time into it but that's never stopped me double dipping on the Switch before. Any thoughts on how it runs on Switch, just looking for something cheap and cheerful for a games with the lads online and fecked if I'm buying FIFA to partake. Rocket League seems like infinitely more craic.

Haven't played it on the Switch but played it loads on the Xbox a few years ago and it would be perfect for what you're describing. Only issue could potentially be if the Switch can't keep up and there's lag, but you could probably find that out reading some reviews. Probably worth a go at 6.50 though. It's some craic, even if I never got very good at it :D

xckjoo wrote: »
    I got it last week and have played a bit. It's good but has a few annoyances that are probably due to the age of the game more than anything. Like the interaction hit box is small so you have to be in the exact right spot to pick stuff up or talk to people. And at the moment I think I'm supposed to talk to someone to continue the story but I've no idea where he is so just going to have to wander around trying to find people I can interact with, which brings us back to the first issue I mentioned. Don't think it's a Switch issue though. Been playing it fine on my Switch Lite. The rest of it has been good and there's been a few tense bits where I've nearly ran out of ammo completely.

Haven't played it on the Switch but played it loads on the Xbox a few years ago and it would be perfect for what you're describing. Only issue could potentially be if the Switch can't keep up and there's lag, but you could probably find that out reading some reviews. Probably worth a go at 6.50 though. It's some craic, even if I never got very good at it :D

Had a look at a few reviews and it seems to perform well, as long as your not expecting the same performance if your coming from a PC. I've only played a few hours on Xbox so I'd say I'll see no difference. Picked it up there anyway, should be a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck, my Xenoblade order from Amazon.fr has been nobbled.
    Apparently they can't get the stock, more likely they can't get the game at the price advertised.
    Ah well.

Most likely cancelled it as it was incorrectly listed as a book. I've bought stuff off Amazon well below rrp before without cancellation, preordered and received the 35th Anniversary Akira manga set from them for £80 when it was supposed to be £180.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Usually gets flagged when hundreds are pre-ordered rather than dozens curse of HotUKDeals if loads of people jump on a deal it gets flagged much faster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon France have been ordered by government to sell essential items only, maybe has something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon France have been ordered by government to sell essential items only, maybe has something to do with it

Shouldn't be an issue, the game isn't scheduled to be released until the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So I take it Shopto has the cheapest price for Xenoblades remastered now at 40€?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rive: Ultimate Edition is 90% off @ €1.49

(or €0.96 in SA: https://eshop-prices.com/games/233-rive-ultimate-edition?currency=EUR)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Rive: Ultimate Edition is 90% off @ €1.49

(or €0.96 in SA: https://eshop-prices.com/games/233-rive-ultimate-edition?currency=EUR)

Picked this up earlier. Great fun. Can't go wrong at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I bought Mario + Rabbids gold edition from SA for around €12.60 IIRC.
    I am still learning how to play ( I never played a rabbid game before) - I don't know if all rabbid games are like this.
    Fun :D

I am still learning, I don't know what the hell tacticam does. I just figured out that after I swipe or jump on an enemy I have another move.

Yep. Happy with my purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

skerry wrote: »
    Rocket League a decent price at 6.50 from South Africa too. Have it on Xbox and haven't put major time into it but that's never stopped me double dipping on the Switch before. Any thoughts on how it runs on Switch

Been playing since it came out on PC in 2015, the switch port is pretty decent.

I cannot for the life of me make the jump from keyboard to joypads though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭jj880

If you have a few kids and a couple sets of joycons party golf and party crashers are really good fun. Only about 2 euro each in the sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Suckit wrote: »
    I bought Mario + Rabbids gold edition from SA for around €12.60 IIRC.
    I am still learning how to play ( I never played a rabbid game before) - I don't know if all rabbid games are like this.
    Fun :D

I am still learning, I don't know what the hell tacticam does. I just figured out that after I swipe or jump on an enemy I have another move.

Yep. Happy with my purchase :)

I got this a while back (not the gold edition though) and I hadn’t a clue what was going on. Took me a few battles to figure it out but it’s addictive once you learn it!

The tacticam is just for looking around to see where your enemies are. It makes it easier to plan (sometimes) as you can move the cursor to hover over the enemy and it’ll show your their health and the range they can move in (helpful for avoiding them bouncing on you).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Can I sign up and pick up games off the sale before the switch even arrives?

Got a dispatch email from Smyth's on the 15th hoping it will turn up on Mon/Tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Vikings wrote: »
    Can I sign up and pick up games off the sale before the switch even arrives?

Got a dispatch email from Smyth's on the 15th hoping it will turn up on Mon/Tues.

Yeah just make your account on the web based estore (on pc or phone). Then log in on the switch with the same account when it arrives.

I'll buy games on the site in work and they auto download on the switch. Really handy.

Been playing since it came out on PC in 2015, the switch port is pretty decent.

I cannot for the life of me make the jump from keyboard to joypads though.

Seems a great port so far. Played against bots mostly yesterday. Ventured online then today and won 2 out of 2 so theres a couple of disgruntled 6 years olds out there somewhere this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know of anywhere that has stock of the switch (not the lite)?

We decided today to get the young lad one for his birthday in 3 weeks. Checked stock before we mentioned it to him and im seeing nothing in the retailers here. Amazon have them from a few sellers that all seem to be looking for £700 so they can get ****ed.

If we cant get one for a normal price I'll move on a get one down the line. I can let him use mine in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos eBay Ireland store has yellow switch lites for €216.99 including postage and packaging

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Handheld-Console-Yellow-/123912909310?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Advertisement