Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone know of anywhere that has stock of the switch (not the lite)?

We decided today to get the young lad one for his birthday in 3 weeks. Checked stock before we mentioned it to him and im seeing nothing in the retailers here. Amazon have them from a few sellers that all seem to be looking for £700 so they can get ****ed.

If we cant get one for a normal price I'll move on a get one down the line. I can let him use mine in the mean time.

GameStop state they're getting more stock next week, keep checking.

Unfortunately due to the already low supply of Switch consoles and the increased demand they're being actively scalped for upwards of €500.

As stated, just keep checking the websites that stock it every day and grab wherever it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Argos eBay Ireland store has yellow switch lites for €216.99 including postage and packaging

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Handheld-Console-Yellow-/123912909310?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Theres stock of the lite in a few places alright. Looking for the proper switch though, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

GameStop state they're getting more stock next week, keep checking.

Unfortunately due to the already low supply of Switch consoles and the increased demand they're being actively scalped for upwards of €500.

As stated, just keep checking the websites that stock it every day and grab wherever it is available.

Who is paying that, why all of a sudden do people want Switches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Who is paying that, why all of a sudden do people want Switches?

As I said it's due to the low supply, which has been an issue for the full size Switch since November, and the increased demand in general for consoles due to the lockdown.

I wouldn't entertain them and hope they get stuck with their mountain of consoles, unfortunately there will always be someone desperate enough to buy from them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I got this a while back (not the gold edition though) and I hadn’t a clue what was going on. Took me a few battles to figure it out but it’s addictive once you learn it!

The tacticam is just for looking around to see where your enemies are. It makes it easier to plan (sometimes) as you can move the cursor to hover over the enemy and it’ll show your their health and the range they can move in (helpful for avoiding them bouncing on you).
    Thanks.. :)
    What are the coloured squares for (in tacticam)?

I seem to be doing okay without it, but I am very early days.

Sorry for off-topic post.

==========
    Cuphead is on sale on Mexico and US store
    Mexico is €10.14
    US is €13.78
    N26 and Revolut apparently work in Mexico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Final sale day panic buys for me were Mark of the Ninja, Broforce and Don't Starve. The piss has been taken on this sale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

I bought Little Nightmares for a tenner :/

I actually bought quite a bit in the last while. Mosaic and Agent A are others that I bought. Looking forward to getting stuck in Mosaic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bunch of games I’ve gotten in the last few days, most of them discounted in the sale. Something to play when/if the Animal Crossing addiction dies down a bit. :pac:

Luminees Remastered
    Knight Swap
    Xenon Valkyrie+
    Picross S, S2, S3
    Elliot Quest
    Rocket League (really want to get half decent at this)
    RIVE: Ultimate Edition
    Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Sudoku Universe

I hadn’t bought much in a long while. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got:

Rive
    Willy Jetman: Astromonkey's Revenge
    Toki Tori 2+
    Cyber Protocol
    Two Point Hospital (not massively discounted, but I really want to play it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

brevity wrote: »
    I bought Little Nightmares for a tenner :/

I actually bought quite a bit in the last while. Mosaic and Agent A are others that I bought. Looking forward to getting stuck in Mosaic.

Is it good? I'm looking at it, Rocket League, Super Bomberman R and Diablo 3. Don't think I'll get them all but might pick up one or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone know of anywhere that has stock of the switch (not the lite)?

We decided today to get the young lad one for his birthday in 3 weeks. Checked stock before we mentioned it to him and im seeing nothing in the retailers here. Amazon have them from a few sellers that all seem to be looking for £700 so they can get ****ed.

If we cant get one for a normal price I'll move on a get one down the line. I can let him use mine in the mean time.
    Hey Guy sign up to this site https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/
    You will get emails as soon as stock appears managed to secure a standard switch from Amazon using this site

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

xckjoo wrote: »
    Is it good? I'm looking at it, Rocket League, Super Bomberman R and Diablo 3. Don't think I'll get them all but might pick up one or two

Little Nightmares? Not sure yet...

Final purchase before the sale ended was Fast RMX, been in my wish list for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

brevity wrote: »
    Little Nightmares? Not sure yet...
    I'll soon find out. Panic bought it from the Irish shop last night when I saw it was gone from sale in the South African shop :pac:

Grabbed Rocket League and two more Picross games too. That should keep me going for a while. Don't have Nintendo Online so guess I'll be trying to hone my air ball skills with Rocket League.

Meant to say but my revolut card stopped working in the SA shop yesterday. Normal credit card (mastercard) worked fine but it wouldn't accept the visa revolut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm trying not to think of how much I spent over the sale period, probably too much!
    While Kirby was as cheap as I've seen it on the eShop, I found a physical copy for sale on Adverts for €35 so went for it.
    Now looking for a similarly priced copy of Tropical Freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Went for Lego Harry Potter myself probably should have gotten Spyro or Crash too but I've enough carts to enjoy and they'd go unplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've blocked my adverts account am trying to keep offline at the moment as I'm getting triggered by trolls and other riffraff.

Been spending hours in Gold Saucer on FFVII on my switch instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

skerry wrote: »
    Final sale day panic buys for me were Mark of the Ninja, Broforce and Don't Starve. The piss has been taken on this sale

i got Mark of the Ninja and Broforce before I went back to work :) didn't have time to look through all the ones I missed, but happy with those. Not sure how many games I picked up in total and not sure I want to find out... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Got:
    - mario and rabbids gold edition
    - gris
    - splasher
    - golf story
    - unravel two
    from the SA shop

Had Mario and Rabbids before and couldn't get into it. Was physical - so I sold it. Now Ubisoft get my money again; but very good value this time! It's really not a Nintendo Mario .. the characters and movement feel off. Will check out some guides and try and play it properly this time.

gris - gave it a quick go....

splasher - very playable ... like it a lot so far

golf story - don't know why I got this ... maybe it gets better ... need to give it time

unravel two - still unopened :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Picked up South Park: Fractured but whole for 15 quid and enjoying it so far.
    Load times are a pain in the whole though

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Picked up South Park: Fractured but whole for 15 quid and enjoying it so far.
    Load times are a pain in the whole though

Had that on my list to get but when I read that about the loading times I said nah. Coincidentally - I played the first few levels of DK Tropical Freeze and noticed it also has loading times between levels. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Went a bit mad.
    Donkey Kong TF, Kirby Star Allies, Unravel Two, Golf Story, The Messenger, Stunt Kite Party, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, Megadrive Classics, Guilty Gear something something awesome deluxe ZZ top, Goat Simulator, The Stretchers and Olli Olli Switch Stance.

To my credit I have played 7 of those games so far in the last 2 weeks for at least a minute. I regret nothing! Well...Seriously regretting not getting the Star Link digital collection 1, but it's not easy to find on the website and my switch was busy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I went conservative enough, despite being very very tempted.

Just went with Zelda BOTW expansion pass, Spyro remastered, Crash Team Racing & Virtua Racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

So the switch arrived today, one day after the sale ends!

Couldn't buy any games before I had linked the switch to the account.

Are there sales regular enough? Will also look into setting up an account to take advantage of other regions

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had that on my list to get but when I read that about the loading times I said nah. Coincidentally - I played the first few levels of DK Tropical Freeze and noticed it also has loading times between levels. Not impressed.

They did improve load time on Switch vs Wii U version. It's good to see this game getting a wider audience on Switch. It does get very challenging. I finished the main game on WiiU. I almost gave up half way through. I had to read a guide to figure out how to beat the last boss. Not really cheating; just letting someone else do the leg work - I would have done it eventually; but I don't have enough time for eventually.

I got it again ( trade in in CEX ) for Switch and there are a few improvements. I planned to do do the hidden levels. But I really don't think I can play it again - unless I've nothing else to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Vikings wrote: »

Are there sales regular enough? Will also look into setting up an account to take advantage of other regions

The first party Nintendo games only go on sale once or twice per year (if even).Third party games go on sale more often, frequency depends on the publisher. The following website is worth checking regularly:
    https://www.dekudeals.com
    It shows price history for each game also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I picked up Mega Drive Classics, Crash Racing and BOTW from the South Africa store. Not a bad haul. I'm planning to finish Revenge of Shinobi when I get chance. I've been trying to get around to that for about 26 years now so if it doesn't happen during lockdown I might as well face that it'll never happen.

The load times in Crash Racing are crazy. I was wondering if it was my SD card.

Vikings wrote: »

The e-shop has sales regularly. In fact ... very often. I'd say there are bigger sales about 3 times a year with Nintendo AAA stuff on sale.

You don't need another account to use e.g. the SA store. Just change your location on your profile in your web browser.

Deku deals as mentioned above is a great site for tracking the nintendo e-shop.

In normal times you often get physical copies of AAA games cheaper than the e-shop. And you can sell them and trade them. e.g. Amazon uk has the Witcher for about 42 euro now delivered. Not sure what's going to happen with physical in the current climate.

3rd party games really do drop in price quite quickly. If you are patient. :)
    Especially Ubisoft !

Smyths are usually much cheaper than Gamestop.

Argos has sales sometimes - but you can never find anything on their site.

There are also the other Amazon EU stores to check out; but often UK seems to be the best.

Amazon Germany has N for the price of 1 sales now and again.

This I declare to be by knowledge of Nintendo bargain hunting. :)

nintendoo wrote: »
    They did improve load time on Switch vs Wii U version. It's good to see this game getting a wider audience on Switch. It does get very challenging. I finished the main game on WiiU. I almost gave up half way through. I had to read a guide to figure out how to beat the last boss. Not really cheating; just letting someone else do the leg work - I would have done it eventually; but I don't have enough time for eventually.

I got it again ( trade in in CEX ) for Switch and there are a few improvements. I planned to do do the hidden levels. But I really don't think I can play it again - unless I've nothing else to play :)

Still have the Wii-U version actually, just never got around to playing it. Ah the load times aren't too bad on the Switch, just a bit annoying they even exist in 2020. Certainly nothing like the god awful load times in Lego City on the Wii-U - fantastic game that otherwise. :)
    nintendoo wrote: »
    You don't need another account to use e.g. the SA store. Just change your location on your profile in your web browser.

Personally I prefer just loading up the SA shop on the Switch using my SA specific profile, find it handier.

@Vikings - just to add to what others have said, never buy anything from the Irish e-shop without first checking if you can get it from the SA shop cheaper. Or if you could be arsed, Russia & Mexico could be cheaper again. :)

Also check cdkeys.com for discounts, I saved a few quid using them thanks to posters here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ever since I made my son's Switch Lite the main one I can't play my multi region content, bought by different region users, by anyone bar the purchasing user.
    Very annoying.
    It was the case that all of my content, regardless of the original purchasing account, could be played by the accounts on the Switch
    Not anymore.
    Items bought in the sale say, from the Japanese account no longer register as purchased in the other eshop accounts.
    Bugger,

Advertisement