Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Banjo wrote: »
    Home menu
    insert cart
    highlight game
    click +
    My Nintendo Rewards Program

Cart rewards are significantly lower than digital. But significantly higher than **** all :D
    Mr E wrote: »
    Put the cartridge in your switch, highlight it from the Switch screen (with the thumbstick) and press the + button. There is an option there to claim your points.

Edit: Snap. :)

Legends! I've only got two physical games admittedly, but that sweet €1.20 in points is still something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Zelda Breath of the Wild for €38 from a quick visit to Cape Town was a winner for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You *did* buy the bundle with the DLC didnt you....?
    *gulp*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You *did* buy the bundle with the DLC didnt you....?
    *gulp*

Makes an 80 hour game into a 150 hour game yeah? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've been eyeing up Astral chain since it was released, can anyone vouch for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Unravel 2 down to 7.49

Deku deals is a great website ... It's more up to date tran the bloody nintendo site and easier to navigate

Wishlist emails are great.

I have Astral Chain. Didn't get very far into it but I enjoyed what I played.
    It's very like Bayonetta in that it's deceptively simple to get started but with a deep enough combo system that there's plenty to master and the plot is over-complicated ill-thought out delightful chaotic bull****. If you like action-adventure combat games, Anime sensibilities and watching villains and heroes compete to see who can chomp through the most scenery with their angsty dialogue, it's a winner winner chicken dinner.

As for Zelda being an 80 hour game, didn't Sligeach put that amount in before he got around to going to the first Village? To measure BotW in time is to try to teach the grains of sand on the beach to speak french.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I've easily put in 250+ hours into BotW...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I have Astral Chain. Didn't get very far into it but I enjoyed what I played.
    It's very like Bayonetta in that it's deceptively simple to get started but with a deep enough combo system that there's plenty to master and the plot is over-complicated ill-thought out delightful chaotic bull****. If you like action-adventure combat games, Anime sensibilities and watching villains and heroes compete to see who can chomp through the most scenery with their angsty dialogue, it's a winner winner chicken dinner.

As for Zelda being an 80 hour game, didn't Sligeach put that amount in before he got around to going to the first Village? To measure BotW in time is to try to teach the grains of sand on the beach to speak french.

I can't remember how long it was before I went to Kakariko village, it was a lot though. I deliberately avoided it, as I wanted to do my own thing. But it was a big number alright, I've played over 475 hours in BOTW, still have to finish the second part of the DLC, but otherwise it's 100% complete, and I mean EVERYTHING. I'm saving that for a rainy day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Owners of Starlink who want to get DLC on the cheap, the Collection Packs are going at €20 each. I'm tempted by Collection Pack 1 as I have gotten back into it recently and a fair chunk of the design is geared towards pushing you to buy extra ships & weapons, and €20 isn't a bad price for the contents. Its regular list price fo €70 can get in the bin, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Does anyone know why cards work in South Africa if I go on holidays there ,

Would it be my regular bank card or my revalot card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My debit card works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So bought Animal Crossing from CD Keys. 12 Month Membership & Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild from South Africa on the eStore for my new Switch. That's me entertained for the rest of the year so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So bought Animal Crossing from CD Keys. 12 Month Membership & Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild from South Africa on the eStore for my new Switch. That's me entertained for the rest of the year so :D

Is south africa cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Definitely get Mario Odyssey at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Damn this console making me double dip on games I have on other platforms but havent even finished yet. Tempted to get Divinity Original Sin 2, about halfway through on Xbox but would be nice one to have handheld. Anyone pick it up on Switch here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭jj880

Home menu
    insert cart
    highlight game
    click +
    My Nintendo Rewards Program

Cart rewards are significantly lower than digital. But significantly higher than **** all :D

Sweet - got 4 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Is south africa cheaper?

Price comparison website per country here: https://eshop-prices.com/prices

The online membership isn't on that site that I could see but cost €13 in South Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The online membership isn't on that site that I could see but cost €13 in South Africa
    For a year?
    How can you buy SA online membership? Is it in the eshop too?

I thought nintendo online was free :o:o (when I was first buying/bought the switch).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

He got Zelda there.

It was for the first year and a bit.
    And then we got Splatooned. :)

(But they always stated that it was going to be chargeable)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It was for the first year and a bit.
    And then we got Splatooned. :)

(But they always stated that it was going to be chargeable)

Best is to buy a Family Pass for €35 for you and upto 7 other "family members" if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Tempted to pick up diablo and astral chain now!

jj880 wrote: »
    Sweet - got 4 euro!

Got Party Crashers with my cartridge gold coins

Fun game but for the love of Christ does anyone know how to play 2 player with 1 set of joycons?

Cant get it goin at all

jj880 wrote: »
    Got Party Crashers with my cartridge gold coins

Fun game but for the love of Christ does anyone know how to play 2 player with 1 set of joycons?

Cant get it goin at all

Ok got it

you have to press + to split the joycons so 2 players are playin but both joycons are connected to player 1 like on other games

Ive never seen that before

I guess thats how you get an 8 player game going

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is Starlink any good? The Deluxe edition is approx €18 on the SA store.

Tempted to pick up Gunbrick: Reloaded, was 20% off earlier but missed it, still only €9 on SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Andrew76 wrote: »

Tempted to pick up Gunbrick: Reloaded, was 20% off earlier but missed it, still only €9 on SA.
    I bought the physical version, so I haven't really played it a lot. But the DL version seems to get some praise here, as you don't have to swap the ships an mess around with the figures etc.
    And it seems to be at it's all time lowest price
    https://www.dekudeals.com/items/starlink-battle-for-atlas-standard-edition
    https://www.dekudeals.com/search?q=starlink

Does anyone know if My Friend Pedro worth €11.62 from South Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I enjoyed My Friend Pedro. Very enjoyable style. A lot of the levels are samey-samey and then they get weird towards the end. But there is fun to be had with it. Also it's a tad on the short side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Andrew76 wrote: »

Starlink is amazing, very clever little game. No man's Sky with a story. I played for a good 20 hours but hit the wall where you need to buy new real ships to get new weapons and a bit of repetition. Want to get back into it though.

If you can get around that with the DL it will give lots of value.

Advertisement