Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is Starlink any good? The Deluxe edition is approx €18 on the SA store.

Tempted to pick up Gunbrick: Reloaded, was 20% off earlier but missed it, still only €9 on SA.

I view Starlink as a Starfox game and am enjoying it a lot - I've got about 40 hours done and am probably on the last 3rd, although that is because I've been happy to spend quite a chunk of time exploring some planets in a more leisurely fashion. From what I've read if you focus on the story it's maybe 20-25 hours, although the Crimson Moon update from last year has added challenges including a racing game so there's plenty to do.

I got the physical starter pack, and from that perspective it's definitely built in a way that punishes you if you don't buy the additional gubbins. In other games you'd be looking at grinding tediously to unlock stuff but here it's literally only available as a purchas (thankfully the toys to life element has died on its arse).

You don't necessarily need the Deluxe version, the standard digital version comes with enough as well. (It's down to €15 on the Irish shop and ~€11 on SA).

The main thing to know is, the ships work kind of like lives so the more you have, the better. Having the various weapons types available also makes it a bit easier to handle different battles. I've not bothered with any of the pilots other than Fox McCloud but they each bave their own personal missions and abilities that you can level up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There are specific space-treasures that require specific weapon types to open them, which is a pain in the arse for those of us who bought the Arwing pack for a tenner when you get to the end of a tricky pirate base battle or salvage run. But that's only really a problem for completionists.

This feels a bit like Freelancer on the PC did back in the old days. It's not as action packed or epic as Wing Commander or Starfox. It's not as interesting or deep as Frontier : Elite. But it scratches both itches just enough that they go away for a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought the digital deluxe pack when it was on sale and the game is fine, I suppose.
    But it's no where near as well made as the games it wants to be, from Starfox to Elite to No Man's Sky.
    And, I had little interest in playing past the first couple of hours, tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought the digital deluxe pack when it was on sale and the game is fine, I suppose.
    But it's no where near as well made as the games it wants to be, from Starfox to Elite to No Man's Sky.
    And, I had little interest in playing past the first couple of hours, tbh.

Ok that’s saved me a few quid so. :pac:

Never played Starfox but do have Elite and No Man’s Sky and neither get much play time. Picked up Lumines for under a fiver so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you can shop on the Japanese eShop there's loads of cheap games there,
    I seem to be tipping in there and buying a few things every other day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If you can shop on the Japanese eShop there's loads of cheap games there,
    I seem to be tipping in there and buying a few things every other day

Yeah have gotten Virtua Racing and some shmups from there alright. Plenty of whacky looking games on that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Picked up Slay the Spire earlier as it was added to the sale, approx 18eur in EU. Still haven't gotten around to opening a holiday account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Witcher 3 physical 37 stg on Amazon UK which is close to the digital discounted version on sale at the moment.

All on 32gb cartridge too. With map etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Hi all. Been looking at farmimg simulator for a bit now but cant decide, its down to €30 on eshop but i also see 2017 is down to about €10.
    Is the 2020 version that much better?

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Hi all. Been looking at farmimg simulator for a bit now but cant decide, its down to €30 on eshop but i also see 2017 is down to about €10.
    Is the 2020 version that much better?

Did a quick Google. Looks like the 17 version is a more in dept simulation , whereas 20 is a dumbed down mobile game.

Comment on Nintendo life ...
    "
    26Mal1980Sat 7th Dec 2019
    Personally I'm very disappointed that I wasted $75! I was so looking forward to this edition just to be let down completely. It is a simplified version of the game and there in lies the problem. For the same amount of money you can play FS17 with much more detail and machines. I just feel its not worth the money and would strongly recommend to anyone who bought FS17 not to invest in this one, you will be very disappointed and $75 out of pocket! Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Probably best spending a tenner on 2017 version. But Google some more and see what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is showing on amazon France as €30 pre-order.
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B086HHSYJL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Suckit wrote: »
    Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is showing on amazon France as €30 pre-order.

Showing as undeliverable to Ireland. Reshipping from France looks pricey too for some reason. I'll keep an eye out and see if that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

No sign of the collector’s edition anywhere yet? Please post here when it appears, I can’t miss out on another special edition that I’ll inevitably never open.

No sign of the collector’s edition anywhere yet? Please post here when it appears, I can’t miss out on another special edition that I’ll inevitably never open.

Up on GameStop, but will probably be cheaper importing it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/74665/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-collectors-set

Up on Game too, about €15 cheaper than GS.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-collectors-set-2748846

Showing as undeliverable to Ireland. Reshipping from France looks pricey too for some reason. I'll keep an eye out and see if that changes.

Won't let me post to Parcel Motel in Ulster either, though it says it can use mainland Britain addresses

Won't let me post to Parcel Motel in Ulster either, though it says it can use mainland Britain addresses

Cheers, An Posts Address Pal is mainland UK so using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Use AddressPal, its on mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ahhhh.. Makes sense. I went through the motions in basket etc.. but delivery was showing as a penny. I had my address set to France, as the last time I used amazon France I was getting a large item and needed to use a 3rd party courier. I forgot to change it back to Ireland. Sorry about that.

Good that it can be delivered to AP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Got a dispatch email from Smyths so hopefully anyone who ordered one too for the April batch will be getting one soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I was on littlewoods earlier and they had all colours of switch lite available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It was up on Amazon UK a couple of days ago. I nearly pre-ordered it myself. And I was thinking about posting it here, but at £90, it's in no way a bargain.

Edit: Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086FJTPWB/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

Suckit wrote: »

I ordered one too and chose to collect it in a Post Office through AddressPal. I still haven't really played the second one even though I have it nearly a year.
    It looks like it's the German version too, not the French one with the lovely German ratings logo splattered all over the boxart.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

sligeach wrote: »
    It was up on Amazon UK a couple of days ago. I nearly pre-ordered it myself. And I was thinking about posting it here, but at £90, it's in no way a bargain.

Edit: Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086FJTPWB/

Thanks! I had to use addresspal as well because for some reason it says it won’t ship to Ireland directly (which is unusual for Amazon.co.uk), but still saves me a bit in comparison to Game and definitely GameStop. I want it for all the special stuff but that printed vinyl looks neat. I’ll make a point of actually playing it as well as the game. :pac:

tbahh wrote: »

They also have the lites in various colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

nintendoo wrote: »
    Did a quick Google. Looks like the 17 version is a more in dept simulation , whereas 20 is a dumbed down mobile game.

Comment on Nintendo life ...
    "
    26Mal1980Sat 7th Dec 2019
    Personally I'm very disappointed that I wasted $75! I was so looking forward to this edition just to be let down completely. It is a simplified version of the game and there in lies the problem. For the same amount of money you can play FS17 with much more detail and machines. I just feel its not worth the money and would strongly recommend to anyone who bought FS17 not to invest in this one, you will be very disappointed and $75 out of pocket! Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Probably best spending a tenner on 2017 version. But Google some more and see what you think.

Im far too fussy!
    Yep did that and went with the safer option. It seems the 20 version is taken directly from the app version so i passed.
    Looking forward to getting some time to play it now!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I do hate when they do that, football manager is the mobile version too. Really is a sub par experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I was looking to get Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition for just over €13 from the South African eShop, a saving of just under €5 versus the Irish eShop.

All the guides for changing eShop region point towards creating a new account. Is there any reason why I can't change the region of my Nintendo account to South Africa buy the game and then change it back to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

None at all. However when you switch between regions from the same account, you lose gold coins and lose any credit left (so for example, if you have €5 of credit on your Irish account and change to SA, you lose that €5).
    When you switch back to Ireland from SA, you will lose the coins earned on your SA transaction.

If you have a zero balance and no coins, switch away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mr E wrote: »
    None at all. However when you switch between regions from the same account, you lose gold coins and lose any credit left (so for example, if you have €5 of credit on your Irish account and change to SA, you lose that €5).
    When you switch back to Ireland from SA, you will lose the coins earned on your SA transaction.

If you have a zero balance and no coins, switch away.

Best way IMO is two accounts. I've a sweetie account for Ireland and a switchy account for everything else.

Advertisement