Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ever since I made my son's Switch Lite the main one I can't play my multi region content, bought by different region users, by anyone bar the purchasing user.
    Very annoying.
    It was the case that all of my content, regardless of the original purchasing account, could be played by the accounts on the Switch
    Not anymore.
    Items bought in the sale say, from the Japanese account no longer register as purchased in the other eshop accounts.
    Bugger,

Nintendo AAA -> go physical, until they don't give you any other option :)
    Everything else, just wait for a while and get them for 50%+ off in a sale.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Still have the Wii-U version actually, just never got around to playing it. Ah the load times aren't too bad on the Switch, just a bit annoying they even exist in 2020. Certainly nothing like the god awful load times in Lego City on the Wii-U - fantastic game that otherwise. :)

Personally I prefer just loading up the SA shop on the Switch using my SA specific profile, find it handier.

@Vikings - just to add to what others have said, never buy anything from the Irish e-shop without first checking if you can get it from the SA shop cheaper. Or if you could be arsed, Russia & Mexico could be cheaper again. :)

Also check cdkeys.com for discounts, I saved a few quid using them thanks to posters here.

I enjoyed Tropical Freeze so much, I bought Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii(U). It's a shame you need to shake the wiimote for certain actions ... but apart from that it's still good. The Wii controllers are like tanks compared to the Switch controllers. What went wrong Nintendo ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Dandy Dungeon, Beat Cop and To The Moon. Was happy enough with those.

I meant to ask if anyone's had joy con drift repaired? I heard it's not always successful.
    Friend of mine broke his further so I'm definitely not trying it myself.
    Any Joy Con sets on sale? (Might get a back up anyway)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nintendoo wrote: »
    Nintendo AAA -> go physical, until they don't give you any other option :)
    Everything else, just wait for a while and get them for 50%+ off in a sale.

Well, yes.
    I know.
    I've been at this a while...
    It's still frustrating, or at least mildly irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I've blocked my adverts account am trying to keep offline at the moment as I'm getting triggered by trolls and other riffraff.

Been spending hours in Gold Saucer on FFVII on my switch instead.

Just listening to the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

I bought The Spectrum Retreat for 6€

Going through a puzzle game thing these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Capcom.sale in the us. Street fighter is $15, resi 4 is 20, the revelataions games are 10 each etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

AO Tennis 2 reduced to €24.30 on the South African store. €33 here. Both 40% off.

Quite funny as I only looked at this game this morning and it was full price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Flashback down to 99 cents. I do love a bit of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have been playing mark of the ninja - and only mark of the ninja for the past few days any time that I am free. I got home from work at 2am the other night and after/during a post or seven here, I played it until 4am!!! :o That was definitely the games fault and skewed my sleep pattern for this week whci I really didn't need.. Great game. Puzzles, ninja, death by ninja etc.. what more could a body want? Hide the body bonus..
    I have no idea how far into the game I am yet, but I am pretty sure I will be playing it again to try and do it differently, - I just noticed the bonuses for xx tasks etc. - yeah I'm slow... Very happy with it, and thanks to skerry for mentioning it before end of sale :)
    skerry wrote: »
    I have that game I think on every single platform that I have. I am pretty sure I bought it on android two phones ago.
    I can't justify buying it again, even for 20c..... But I bet I look up the sale end, and buy it.
    I need a spotify for games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Rose tinted glasses and all that. Can't remember the last game I played where I had to push "up" to jump. I'll have a proper go later (and check if the horrible default controls can be remapped).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Mr E wrote: »
    Rose tinted glasses and all that. Can't remember the last game I played where I had to push "up" to jump. I'll have a proper go later (and check if the horrible default controls can be remapped).

I had a very quick look last night and my God the controls haven't aged well. I think they were somehow part of the appeal when I first played it as a kid. Couldn't not buy it at that price though.

That game isn't about controls! It's about the sweet animation when he draws his gun! I just need to register some Gold Points and get myself over the line so I can write it off as a freebie. Hey, The Witcher! You're finally getting put into the Switch! Animal who? Nah! That's history, I swear, this is your time! C'mere you silver haired little...<crash bang wallop>

BTW, if you speak Japanese - and only if you speak Japanese! - Ni No Kuni is cheap on the Japanese eShop. But if this doesn't put you off :
    対応言語
    日本語
    then don't buy it! It is not one of those titles with a little bit of localisation.
    It's 1500 yen so about 15 euro but if you don't know the exchange rate you probably also don't know the language....
    https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000020350

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's been an awful long time, but I think it would have been back in my Amiga days when platformers last asked you to push up to jump - pretty sure it was the norm back then because real gamers used joysticks and not joypads. :P :P

Anyone who does not recognise these has not lived. :D:D

AQprZNR.jpg

B6dPdyQ.jpg

Trying to remember if Zool and Superfrog used the same mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think I owned that exact model joystick back in my Atari ST days, the 2nd picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Suckit wrote: »
    I have that game I think on every single platform that I have.

Like me and classic Doom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

We had both of those exact same joysticks back in the day for the Amstrad CPC 6128.

Glorious days convincing myself that the games I was playing were actually good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Zipstick is the top one, Quickshot 2 the bottom one. Good joystick, but no good for waggle fests like Decathlon, Combat School et al.

We originally had the Quickshot (non-microswitch version) for C64 and it felt like it was made of wood when you waggled it for Track & Field. Upgrading to version 2 and then Zipstick was amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I had both those joysticks. Kids today don't know gaming like waggling the joystick to run only to lose due to the suction cups coming off the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Aces of the Luftwaffe from The Game Collection - physical copy - £8.95 + postage.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/switch/aces-of-the-luftwaffe-squadron-edition-switch/?tduid=8800b657effda3467b7abc4ec4c30581

Edit: Looks like The Game Collection aren't posting outside of UK until further notice due to Covid-19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Corholio wrote: »
    Aces of the Luftwaffe from The Game Collection - physical copy - £8.95 + postage.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/switch/aces-of-the-luftwaffe-squadron-edition-switch/?tduid=8800b657effda3467b7abc4ec4c30581

Edit: Looks like The Game Collection aren't posting outside of UK until further notice due to Covid-19

They still deliver to Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard and Address Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Awesome. Played so many hours of this game as a kid. Never got very far but I know the first part like the back of my hand :D

Might make it a mission to try and beat it finally

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Memories of sticking the joystick with the suction cups against the wardrobe door to try and get a better 100m time in Daley Thompsons Decathlon :)

I had the Quickshot IX - it looked like a trackball but it was an ergonomic 3/4 dome with microswitches and really badly placed buttons. But it was great for waggling like the clappers. Was great for building up those crucial early teen muscle groups.

Wild guns reloaded is half price btw if you can't be bothered sideloading the legitimately owned ROM of the original onto your SNES mini

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got Ghostbusters Remastered and Katamari Damacy for $20 + a few gold coins in the US store ($9.89 + $11.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Just got Ghostbusters Remastered and Katamari Damacy for $20 + a few gold coins in the US store ($9.89 + $11.99)
    That's a great game. It's roughly the same price in SA if anyone is tempted (and you should be!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

xckjoo wrote: »
    That's a great game. It's roughly the same price in SA if anyone is tempted (and you should be!).

I'm all over this

We had both of those exact same joysticks back in the day for the Amstrad CPC 6128.

Glorious days convincing myself that the games I was playing were actually good!

Yep, thinking why can't this machine smooth scroll like the c64 or getting the 4 colour spectrum flick screen conversion. I remember an arcade conversion game called Renegage which was good, but each level was loaded separately from tape. And you had to rewind to the beginning once you got past the first level. :)

There was a great version of the arcade game Solomon's key on the amstrad. There is a nes version of it on switch online. Check it out. Good puzzle game.

Note: this post is only a bargain alert if you haven't played Solomon's key on NES on switch online :)

Looks like Splatoon is getting a 33% off deal and a free-play week next week, along with 7 days free online.

Or, to put it another way, if you give up around 7GB of storage on your Switch, you can sell your Animal Crossing turnips on another island next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭eggy81

xckjoo wrote: »
    Awesome. Played so many hours of this game as a kid. Never got very far but I know the first part like the back of my hand :D

Might make it a mission to try and beat it finally

You might not like it.

Advertisement