Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube announces it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I have an axe to grind with Jews? I have no problem with Jews and can you find posts Where I claimed; I hated them.

You've drastically rounded down the number of Jews (only) killed during the Holocaust, which is classic Holocaust denial

You've suggested that "the Jews" purposefully inflated the figures because that's the kind of thing "they'd" do

I wouldn't say you are motivated by hate, just by an inability to sort fact from fiction, reality from imagination, and so on. And to keep this vaguely on topic, that's the type of mindset which is targeted by those who spread deliberately absurd and sometimes harmful conspiracies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You've drastically rounded down the number of Jews (only) killed during the Holocaust, which is classic Holocaust denial

You've suggested that "the Jews" purposefully inflated the figures because that's the kind of thing "they'd" do

I wouldn't say you are motivated by hate, just by an inability to sort fact from fiction, reality from imagination, and so on. And to keep this vaguely on topic, that's the type of mindset which is targeted by those who spread deliberately absurd and sometimes harmful conspiracies.

It is not a holocust thread and not at topic i want to be pulled back into again. 

I just say this. You second line of your post is false. Since all Jews do not all agree!
    You seem to have just disregarded many Israeli and Jewish scholars debate over the real numbers killed by gassing for decades. By your theory they are holocaust deniers too.
    I proposed the numbers got inflated by the Soviet Union. You seemly forget again the camps were in occupied Soviet territory for 45 years. 
    9 million figure is based on a Jewish census from 1933.  It doesn’t take into account the conditions in Europe after 1933.
    A Israeli scholar proposed there was  3.5 million Jews- Left after the War in Europe. So many took upon themselves to claim 6 million Jews got killed. 
    Does not hold water at all and many Jewish scholars have noticed that and written books about it..
    The number ignores immigration stats, it ignores everyday human illness,  its ignores, WW2 conditions in Europe, especially Poland where the majority of European Jews lived. The Nazis invaded and bombed the crap out of the country in 1939. It ignores food shortages, it ignores winter conditions in Poland.

It is not a holocust thread and not at topic i want to be pulled back into again. 

You say that yet..
    I just say this. You second line of your post is false. Since all Jews do not all agree!
    You seem to have just disregarded many Israeli and Jewish scholars debate over the real numbers killed by gassing for decades. By your theory they are holocaust deniers too.
    I proposed the numbers got inflated by the Soviet Union. You seemly forget again the camps were in occupied Soviet territory for 45 years. 
    9 million figure is based on a Jewish census from 1933.  It doesn’t take into account the conditions in Europe after 1933.
    A Israeli scholar proposed there was  3.5 million Jews- Left after the War in Europe. So many took upon themselves to claim 6 million Jews got killed. 
    Does not hold water at all and many Jewish scholars have noticed that and written books about it..
    The number ignores immigration stats, it ignores everyday human illness,  its ignores, WW2 conditions in Europe, especially Poland where the majority of European Jews lived. The Nazis invaded and bombed the crap out of the country in 1939. It ignores food shortages, it ignores winter conditions in Poland.

Holocaust denial trope after trope

Indeed, it is off-topic. But it demonstrates how easy to is to convince certain individuals with false and out-of-context information.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. So we can agree with holocaust denial is nonsense.

But when people come across this theory, some people do not identify it as nonsense. They believe that it has merit and that it is true.

You seem to be suggesting that this is solely because they have racist attitudes towards Jewish people.
    To me, that seems a bit reductionist.

How about the alternative thought that the the world is flat? Why do people come to believe this is true?

I'm not sure why you think I owe you an answer on the topics of flat earth and holocaust denial. With that said let's enter the rabbit hole...

Holocaust denial would generally be seen as something rooted in anti Jewish sentiment, there are people who also point out that other ethnicities were subject to the sharp end of the Nazi ideology, which is valid as it is rooted in fact.
    To say that it is reductionist to attribute holocaust denial largely to anti Jewish sentiment is a bit of a reach as most(not all but most) holocaust deniers are dyed in the wool antisemites. It is also worthwhile to note that using the term "racist" in relation to anti Jewish sentiment is not applicable as Judaism is a religious belief and not an ethnicity.

As for flat earth believers, I really have no idea. You would be better asking a flat earther that question, I'm just not qualified or motivated to answer it.

You say that yet..

Indeed, it is off-topic. But it demonstrates how easy to is to convince certain individuals with false and out-of-context information.

I never claimed the Holocust story was a Jewish hoax. You seem to think any revision is unacceptable. Whatever your opinion. Finished talking about it anyway with you guys.

• Advertisement

You say that yet..

I'm not sure it's fair to attribute what he's saying to holocaust denial. It appears on the surface to be a different rationalisation of how the numbers were calculated. Whether or not 6 million Jews were gassed to death or some were left in a position where they were exposed to other factors and modes of death the responsibility would appear to still be laid at the feet of the Nazis, which is not holocaust denial at all. In point of fact some of what you're saying could be appropriated as libelous in another setting.

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's fair to attribute what he's saying to holocaust denial. It appears on the surface to be a different rationalisation of how the numbers were calculated. Whether or not 6 million Jews were gassed to death or some were left in a position where they were exposed to other factors and modes of death the responsibility would appear to still be laid at the feet of the Nazis, which is not holocaust denial at all. In point of fact some of what you're saying could be appropriated as libelous in another setting.

Yep 1933 9.5 million Jews lived in Europe. Reality is you can only blame the Nazis for what went down later!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Holocaust denial would generally be seen as something rooted in anti Jewish sentiment, there are people who also point out that other ethnicities were subject to the sharp end of the Nazi ideology, which is valid as it is rooted in fact.
    To say that it is reductionist to attribute holocaust denial largely to anti Jewish sentiment is a bit of a reach as most(not all but most) holocaust deniers are dyed in the wool antisemites.
    And yet, many holocaust deniers will insist that they are not anti jewish like Cheerful spring does.

He is a holocaust denier and believes that the numbers accepted by real historians are artificially inflated by a concerted conspiracy. And that said conspiracy planted and falsified evidence at concentration camps to support their preferred numbers.

Many Holocaust deniers claim the exact same thing.

Do you believe that his theory is nonsense? Do you believe that is "rooted in anti Jewish sentiment"?
    As for flat earth believers, I really have no idea. You would be better asking a flat earther that question, I'm just not qualified or motivated to answer it.
    This is a problem for your stance then.
    The idea is clearly nonsense. Yet people believe it is true.
    So not all everyone's judgement is accurate.

I never claimed the Holocust story was a Jewish hoax. You seem to think any revision is unacceptable. Whatever your opinion. Finished talking about it anyway with you guys.

I seem to recall that when asked whether you believed the Jews exaggerated the Holocaust, you replied with "yes".

Historians revise details all the time, that's completely different from prejudiced or ignorant people who attempt to revise history to suit their faulty views

And yet, many holocaust deniers will insist that they are not anti jewish like Cheerful spring does.

He is a holocaust denier and believes that the numbers accepted by real historians are artificially inflated by a concerted conspiracy. And that said conspiracy planted and falsified evidence at concentration camps to support their preferred numbers.

Many Holocaust deniers claim the exact same thing.

Do you believe that his theory is nonsense? Do you believe that is "rooted in anti Jewish sentiment"?

This is a problem for your stance then.
    The idea is clearly nonsense. Yet people believe it is true.
    So not all everyone's judgement is accurate.

Point out where I stated that everyone's judgement was/is accurate please.

I've already addressed Cheerful springs ideas, you can read my comments on it above.

• Advertisement

lol, I knew this was coming and I know where it's going.

Okay, so historical consensus on the issue is misplaced, only around 2.5 million Jews died in the Holocaust

Is the above true, or is it bull****?

Or is there a third grey option we can explore here where we play with words and semantics :)

lol, I knew this was coming and I know where it's going.

Okay, so historical consensus on the issue is misplaced, only around 2.5 million Jews died in the Holocaust

Is the above true, or is it bull****?

Or is there a third grey option we can explore here where we play with words and semantics :)

It appears on the surface that the total number of Jews killed remains the same with a smaller number able to be attributed to deaths in the concentration camps.

The net result remains constant with 6 million plus Jews dead at the hands on the Nazis just with differing modes of death to what is generally assumed to be the case.

That isn't really playing with words at all, perhaps your own ability to understand things is the problem here.

To clarify, anyone stating that 2.5 million Jews dead in the holocaust is the total number of deaths is patently incorrect, but that isn't what I see being said in this case.

Point out where I stated that everyone's judgement was/is accurate please.
    Ok. So sometimes people make errors in judgement and think that things that are clearly nonsense are believable.
    Why do you think this happens? Because they are deficient in some way?
    I've already addressed Cheerful springs ideas, you can read my comments on it above.
    I have. Your comments are not accurate as you aren't familiar with his claims.
    His claims are not substantially different from other holocaust deniers.

At what point does "alternate" thoughts on the history of the Holocaust become full on Holocaust denial?
    Personally I believe this in when someone is suggesting this is a worldwide conspiracy to falsify the numbers of people killed in the Holocaust.

The net result remains constant with 6 million plus Jews dead at the hands on the Nazis just with differing modes of death to what is generally assumed to be the case.

False, it was around 2.5 to maybe 3 million
    That isn't really playing with words at all, perhaps your own ability to understand things is the problem here.

To clarify, anyone stating that 2.5 million Jews dead in the holocaust is the total number of deaths is patently incorrect, but that isn't what I see being said in this case.

A position I suspect you will shortly change.

I seem to recall that when asked whether you believed the Jews exaggerated the Holocaust, you replied with "yes".

Historians revise details all the time, that's completely different from prejudiced or ignorant people who attempt to revise history to suit their faulty views

You always complaining i am derailing threads and here and you Kingmob are doing the same thing you accuse me of doing :)
    You boys take is i am racist and hate Jews,  we get it. Silly really when i never met a Jew in my life and have no skin in the game. 
    Now you trying to draw another poster into this silly disagreement about the holocust, when he never posted about it before? 
    People have varied opinions. For you guys, seeing people stepping outside the accepted norms, in your head, triggers something that you feel the need to attack back?
    It the same on every thread from 9/ 11 to JFK to UFOs, you name it. The debunkers boys are out in force, posting endlessly why we are childish and stupid for believing the things we do.

You people have a gas lighter personality!

Ok. So sometimes people make errors in judgement and think that things that are clearly nonsense are believable.
    Why do you think this happens? Because they are deficient in some way?

I have. Your comments are not accurate as you aren't familiar with his claims.
    His claims are not substantially different from other holocaust deniers.

At what point does "alternate" thoughts on the history of the Holocaust become full on Holocaust denial?
    Personally I believe this in when someone is suggesting this is a worldwide conspiracy to falsify the numbers of people killed in the Holocaust.

I'm only going to take what is being said in this thread into consideration. As for comments made by others in historical threads on this forum, I don't feel it is reasonable to expect me to read through that level of content.

As for why people make errors in judgement, well humans are fallible, there's not much more you can say about that on a macro level. I you want me to psycho analyse everyone on the planet it may take me some time to receive the required training and find the time to conduct the required research to give you the answer you're looking for. Are some people deficient in some ways? Possibly, who am I to say?

Your opinion on what holocaust denial is up to you. If the net number remains the same and an accurate account of different modes of death is all that's being discussed then there isn't any harm in striving to be accurate.

False, it was around 2.5 to maybe 3 million

A position I suspect you will shortly change.

From what I read he was saying 2.5 to 3 million killed in camps with the remainder made up from other modes of death. That adds up to the accepted net amount of 6 million . Perhaps Cheerful spring can clarify that for me.

FYI you have no leverage for taking a condescending tone with me, get your own house in order before you begin looking down your nose at others.

I'm only going to take what is being said in this thread into consideration. As for comments made by others in historical threads on this forum, I don't feel it is reasonable to expect me to read through that level of content.
    I'm simply stating the facts that we are aware of that you are not.
    As for why people make errors in judgement, we'll humans are fallible, there's not much more you can say about that on a macro level.
    Are some people deficient in some ways? Possibly, who am I to say?
    But a few posts ago you were saying that in general people were capable of making their own judgements about what is and isn't nonsense.
    Now you are being reluctant to make general statements? :confused:
    Your opinion on what holocaust denial is up to you. If the net number remains the same and an accurate account of different modes of death is all that's being discussed then there isn't any harm in striving to be accurate.
    And I'm just trying to clarify what you define as holocaust denial so there isn't further misunderstanding.

If say someone claims that number of deaths in the holocaust is significantly lower than the numbers suggested by most historians, does that make it holocaust denial? (Significant here meaning a difference of 1-2 million)

From what I read he was saying 2.5 to 3 million killed in camps with the remainder made up from other modes of death. That adds up to the accepted net amount of 6 million . Perhaps Cheerful spring can clarify that for me.

FYI you have no leverage for taking a condescending tone with me, get your own house in order before you begin looking down your nose at others.

I clarified most of my opinions in the post 153 earlier!
    They debunkers boys want to drag you down to their level. I have no interest.
    They have their viewpoint. Arguing mine pointless here.

I'm simply stating the facts that we are aware of that you are not.

But a few posts ago you were saying that in general people were capable of making their own judgements about what is and isn't nonsense.
    Now you are being reluctant to make general statements? :confused:

And I'm just trying to clarify what you define as holocaust denial so there isn't further misunderstanding.

If say someone claims that number of deaths in the holocaust is significantly lower than the numbers suggested by most historians, does that make it holocaust denial? (Significant here meaning a difference of 1-2 million)

I am not reluctant to make general statements. Show me where I have reneged on anything I have previously said please. A previous request I made in a similar vein was answered in a less than concise manner ending in you veering away from the question. Yet again you show an lack of willingness to debate properly.

I have already stated clearly my stance on holocaust denial. Perhaps you should have another look over what I said. The answers have already been given should you care to read carefully enough to see them.

As for these facts you are aware of that I am not, that seems to be a point of contention with the poster in question. As I am not motivated to trawl through your previous exchanges I'll just leave it as a point of some conjecture between two opposing sides in an off topic discussion that has now run its course.

• Advertisement

Indeed.

Maybe, or maybe you "adapt" your views depending on who you are debating against or with.

Indeed.

Maybe, or maybe you "adapt" your views depending on who you are debating against or with.

To clarify, 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. Striving to accurately describe the mode of death for all of them is acceptable. Saying a few million less died in total isn't.

I haven't adapted my views on anything, cite one instance in which I have.
    Perhaps you adapt your level of cognition depending on your mood.

I am not reluctant to make general statements. Show me where I have reneged on anything I have previously said please. A previous request I made in a similar vein was answered in a less than concise manner ending in you veering away from the question.
    Ok. Then in general, why do you think that people believe things that are nonsense?
    I
    I have already stated clearly my stance on holocaust denial. Perhaps you should have another look over what I said. The answers have already been given should you care to read carefully enough to see them.
    Again, you haven't really.

Cheerful claims that the number of Jewish people killed by the Nazis is significantly lower than the 6 million figure accepted by most historians.
    At times he has suggested that the figure is 3-4 million.
    And again, he believes that the 6 million figure is the result of historians being involved in a large conspiracy to inflate this number.
    If any of this is inaccurate, I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Based on the stance you stated in your previous post, if someone did this, you would agree that this is holocaust denial.

Is this accurate?

Ok. Then in general, why do you think that people believe things that are nonsense?

Again, you haven't really.

Cheerful claims that the number of Jewish people killed by the Nazis is significantly lower than the 6 million figure accepted by most historians.
    At times he has suggested that the figure is 3-4 million.
    And again, he believes that the 6 million figure is the result of historians being involved in a large conspiracy to inflate this number.
    If any of this is inaccurate, I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Based on the stance you stated in your previous post, if someone did this, you would agree that this is holocaust denial.

Is this accurate?

Yes I would agree that rounding the number of deaths in the holocaust down is holocaust denial. I haven't stated anything contrary to that at any point.

In general why do people believe things that are nonsense? I have already answered that. Do you have a problem comprehending text?

Yes I would agree that rounding the number of deaths in the holocaust down is holocaust denial.

Good.

Yes I would agree that rounding the number of deaths in the holocaust down is holocaust denial. I haven't stated anything contrary to that at any point.
    Ok. Then cheerful is a holocaust denier as he believes that the number is significantly lower than 6 million.
    In general why do people believe things that are nonsense? I have already answered that. Do you have a problem comprehending text?
    But you haven't.
    You said:
    As for why people make errors in judgement, we'll humans are fallible, there's not much more you can say about that on a macro level.
    Are some people deficient in some ways? Possibly, who am I to say?
    Which is you avoiding making general statements.

So, your original stance that people in general are capable of filtering out nonsense doesn't really hold up.
    Lots of people believe all sorts of nonsense like holocaust denial and flat eartherism etc.

Personally, I don't think it's because people are deficient. And I don't believe that being a holocaust denier automatically means you are a racist (though there's a correlation).
    I think it's because many conspiracy theories either through design and deliberate marketing as well as just natural abilities to stick in people's minds tend to be a lot more convincing that many people realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So seems youtubes decision to take down these 5G vidoes was based on David Ickes interview. Including the quote below.

When asked for his reaction to reports of 5G masts being set on fire in England and Northern Ireland, he responded: "If 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it is over... so people have to make a decision."

Several users subsequently called for further attacks on 5G towers in the comments that appeared alongside the feed.

The interview was watched by about 65,000 people as it was streamed, some of whom clicked an on-screen button to trigger payments to make their live chat reactions stand out.

Proper grifting!

Good.

I had repeatedly stated that if you care to read carefully over my posts.

Ok. Then cheerful is a holocaust denier as he believes that the number is significantly lower than 6 million.

But you haven't.
    You said:

Which is you avoiding making general statements.

So, your original stance that people in general are capable of filtering out nonsense doesn't really hold up.
    Lots of people believe all sorts of nonsense like holocaust denial and flat eartherism etc.

Personally, I don't think it's because people are deficient. And I don't believe that being a holocaust denier automatically means you are a racist (though there's a correlation).
    I think it's because many conspiracy theories either through design and deliberate marketing as well as just natural abilities to stick in people's minds tend to be a lot more convincing that many people realise.

I have answered your questions in detail. Each time I have done so you haven't been satisfied with what I've said. That's your problem I'm afraid. Either you have a problem comprehending simple statements or your are being purposefully obtuse.

The net result is the same however. You believe, falsely that if you continue to post lies (stating that I have not answered questions when I demonstrably have done so is lying) you will somehow expose me in some way. You are free to waste your own time and appear as foolish as you like. All your queries have been answered, each time you claim the answers aren't up to your expectations. Your expectations are your problem I'm afraid. If you can't understand what is being said in response to you or choose to pretend to not understand that is on you.

• Advertisement

Nullzero. I writing this for you.
    Gerald Reitlinger, acknowledged to be one of the finest holocaust researchers in the world believes the holocust event took about 4 million + Jewish lives.
    I think his number it likely to be true.Another 2 million likely died from other causes (some i listed earlier) and immigration some fled before it got bad.
    Others take is 6 million murdered during the Holocust others have extended as high as 11 million.

I do accept 6 million Jews disappeared from Europe after 1933. The 1933 census is legit ( no argument there)
     I don’t believe for a minute and call me racist if you like 6 million Jews got massacred in Poland and nowhere else. 
    Any bit of exploration into this topic establishes the deaths camps opened for 1 to 2 years and then closed in 1942. So it’s Logistically impossible to gas 6 million Jews in just two years.
    Most people who never studied the holocaust, believe the death camps continued open till 1945, that’s a false memory, Hollywood is to blame for that.

Auschwitz encampment was the only death camp still in existence in Poland early 1945, late 1944 German camp guards fled and left the prisoners to look after themselves. Many died in the camp too afraid and shocked to leave. 
    End of day you can blame the Nazis for 6 million fleeing or taken from from their homes- but it not logical 6 million got murdered just in Poland. 

Advertisement