Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

FF would be nuts to turn down coalition.

FG will do very well if they trigger an election. Up to FF whether they want to provide the excuse.

5 people turned up at court to defend themselves in that case and never got the chance.

They were though found guilty by the media and other politicians.

Civil and human right are only available to some it seems.

Exactly my thinking too, but my sympathy is with the rape victims, not the people who looked the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

5 people turned up at court to defend themselves in that case and never got the chance.

They were though found guilty by the media and other politicians.

Civil and human right are only available to some it seems.

Lots of lads limping around West Belfast with damaged knee caps didnt get fair trials

Edgware wrote: »
    Lots of lads limping around West Belfast with damaged knee caps didnt get fair trials

Bizarre, and under-reported thing, is punishment beatings are increasing on both sides.

And not enough around alot of the country

Wouldnt have lads with 2 or 300 convictions pricking about,harassing their communities here....if they actually feared proper consequences of their actions

I wonder if that's true. Is the crime rate much different in NI?

Can't say I'm reassured that lads from Limerick are seemingly implicated in killing a Dublin guy in Belfast yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Not sure where you get that I'm an "FG fan bot" - just because I'm not willing to passively acquiesce in seeing my country handed over to a bunch of loons whose sole redeeming attribute is there usefulness as middle-idiots to an armed movement that tried to subvert the Constitution, that doesn't mean anything as regards FG or FF or anyone else.

But feel free to continue in your delusion.

That was class. And I mean that. And now I’ll refer you to the last twenty years of government in this country.
    Come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,393 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Absolutely. What happens when you have a partisan, sectarian police force is that people begin policing themselves. And that is never a good thing. It is why so much importance is attached to having a police service and judiciary that is above reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Runaways wrote: »
    That was class. And I mean that. And now I’ll refer you to the last twenty years of government in this country.
    Come back to me.

Yeah, not only did I live through those years, thanks to various governments, a fair bit of luck and a decent amount of hard work, I (and my family) - not as well as some, but well enough.

Anyway, while SF wallow in their petulance, it looks like Varadkar is doing something practical

Coronavirus: Varadkar returns to practising medicine to help during crisis

It might be tokenistic, but at least it's something practical and positive.....

It might be tokenistic, but at least it's something practical and positive.....

Any other Taoiseach I might be convinced it was sincere and of genuine use. This PR obsessed one...sorry, not buying it. How many photographers will be put in danger on his first day in the job one wonders.

Any other Taoiseach I might be convinced it was sincere and of genuine use. This PR obsessed one...sorry, not buying it. How many photographers will be put in danger on his first day in the job one wonders.

Except no other Taoiseach was a qualified doctor so couldn't do it.

And you don't have to buy it - he'll help a few people, not many but hey if it means a few people who otherwise wouldn't have been seen, get seen then it's a positive.

Don't think he's heading for an ED, just a clinic or two as a GP - every little helps and it's more constructive than SF-style hurling from the ditch......he's on the pitch.

• Advertisement

Except no other Taoiseach was a qualified doctor so couldn't do it.

And you don't have to buy it - he'll help a few people, not many but hey if it means a few people who otherwise wouldn't have been seen, get seen then it's a positive.

Don't think he's heading for an ED, just a clinic or two as a GP - every little helps and it's more constructive than SF-style hurling from the ditch......he's on the pitch.

Sure Sultan...like Simon with his sleeves rolled up, taking a break from the wheel.

Always a photographer around.

Sure Sultan...like Simon with his sleeves rolled up, taking a break from the wheel.

It all helps.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don’t believe for an instant that SF haven’t been just as active in pursuing coalition forming options over the last few weeks as FFG. The difference is that the media are openly hostile towards them and treat FFG as the “presumptive” coalition parties with disproportionately more coverage.

The reason you think SF are doing nothing is because the media aren’t reporting on them doing anything. No more, no less. The election campaign and its immediate aftermath should have proven to anyone in any doubt that the media in Ireland are, by and large, just as hostile towards SF as the political establishment.

I don’t believe for an instant that SF haven’t been just as active in pursuing coalition forming options over the last few weeks as FFG. The difference is that the media are openly hostile towards them and treat FFG as the “presumptive” coalition parties with disproportionately more coverage.

The reason you think SF are doing nothing is because the media aren’t reporting on them doing anything. No more, no less. The election campaign and its immediate aftermath should have proven to anyone in any doubt that the media in Ireland are, by and large, just as hostile towards SF as the political establishment.
    Rubbish.
    Plenty commentators want. FF or FG to go in with SF. Probably cant wait to Mary Lou and co **** up

Rubbish.
    Plenty commentators want. FF or FG to go in with SF.

Plenty? Name them?

Plenty? Name them?
    I've more to be doing than entertaining you. Check back through the newspapers yourself

I've more to be doing than entertaining you. Check back through the newspapers yourself

You might as well send me looking for 'plenty' of Indo articles, praising Gerry Adams.

I.E. I don't go looking for stuff I know isn't there. Fools errand I think it is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Runaways wrote: »
    In today’s never mind Sinn Fein, no Catholics whatsoever spoke to authorities in the north and why that may be example #6364773647476

Jesus...

What utter nonsense. The vast majority of catholics would speak to police to convict a child abuser or rapist. The few exceptions would be those who wanted to protect the criminals/rapists and those who were genuinely afraid to because of the ira etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Small bit better than spending a month in Isolation

Suppose it’s better than spending a month in isolation

• Advertisement

Small bit better than spending a month in Isolation

Indeed......if we had as many doctors and nurses as we do begrudgers we'd be well sorted :D

Suppose it’s better than spending a month in isolation

Who has spent a month in isolation? We are not talking about Simon and Eoghan during the election campaign again are we...I thought we had all forgotten that ancient history?...bright new world and all that jazz.

Who has spent a month in isolation? We are not talking about Simon and Eoghan during the election campaign again are we...I thought we had all forgotten that ancient history?...bright new world and all that jazz.
    Your glorious leader ,absolutely no need to isolate the first time she done it whatever about the second time.

Is Pearse Doherty's wife returning to the front line a publicity stunt as well ???

Your glorious leader ,absolutely no need to isolate the first time she done it whatever about the second time.

The plaintive and blatant lies ye folk expect to get away with. Just pathetic. Here she is saying she was withdrawing because she had symptoms. 26th March.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/republicofirelandnews/2020/03/26/news/sinn-fein-leader-mary-lou-mcdonald-feeling-unwell-1880405/

Is Pearse Doherty's wife returning to the front line a publicity stunt as well ???

What?

The plaintive and blatant lies ye folk expect to get away with. Just pathetic. Here she is saying she was withdrawing because she had symptoms. 26th March.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/republicofirelandnews/2020/03/26/news/sinn-fein-leader-mary-lou-mcdonald-feeling-unwell-1880405/
    Ah now francie she posted the videos herself at the time , her kids go to Scoil Cathriana where the first case was , she was the only parent to self isolate at the time , he new one is for a head cold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If Mary Lou was visibly unwell and carried on as usual instead of self isolating, you'd all be accusing her of putting political publicity ahead of public health. And you know it.

• Advertisement

Ah now francie she posted the videos herself at the time , her kids go to Scoil Cathriana where the first case was , she was the only parent to self isolate at the time , he new one is for a head cold

I heard her interviewed and she rubbished claims she was isolating (she was in the Dáil a few days later), she was staying home with her kids.

Absolutely obscene the levels you guys/gals will sink to here. Stick to facts you can back up and quit lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement