Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

This is part of the problem, we absolutely should "go there" as a country and examine these issues.

Will in with you there all the way.
    I probably misread your post. I always get an eyeroll when this comes up in relation to Gerry Adams brother. Thought that’s where you were going. Sorry if I read it wrong

We do need to get into all that. But it’ll never happen.

Politian im referring to did get in,and is most likely going to be a junior minister....being only FF/FG member elected in this constituency,otherwise the shinners will dismantle there network and take ther seat at next election

Waterford I think? My mistake. Fully agree it's disgraceful behaviour.

Mind you, Waterford needs better TD's than it's had for a long time, imo.

Runaways wrote: »
    Will in with you there all the way.
    I probably misread your post. I always get an eyeroll when this comes up in relation to Gerry Adams brother. Thought that’s where you were going. Sorry if I read it wrong

We do need to get into all that. But it’ll never happen.

I'd apply it to all parties.

I'm not so naive as to think politicians don't lie hence my question to PtD but I really do think it's abhorrent when they cover up things like sexual abuse, which is legitimate query to put to Adams (or was when he was a TD).

Enda Kenny, tbf to him, did stand up to the Vatican on it.

Mad the way it’s always English media reporting this stuff.

I’d say Leo will be furious. Welfare cheats cheat us all n all that

https://twitter.com/joeleogue/status/1246708989934669824?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 67,367 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'd apply it to all parties.

I'm not so naive as to think politicians don't lie hence my question to PtD but I really do think it's abhorrent when they cover up things like sexual abuse, which is legitimate query to put to Adams (or was when he was a TD).

Enda Kenny, tbf to him, did stand up to the Vatican on it.

Adams has dealt with what happened and apologised for his handling of Liam's crimes.

Enda has never explained why he fought Louise O'Keefe all the way to the European Court and even when Ireland lost the case refused to implement the child protection procedures it mandated. (All when he was posing for pics with Maria Cahill too)

Hypocritical?

• Advertisement

Mad the way it’s always English media reporting this stuff.

I’d say Leo will be furious. Welfare cheats cheat us all n all that

https://twitter.com/joeleogue/status/1246708989934669824?s=21

What welfare cheats are you on about?

Adams has dealt with what happened and apologised for his handling of Liam's crimes.

Enda has never explained why he fought Louise O'Keefe all the way to the European Court and even when Ireland lost the case refused to implement the child protection procedures it mandated. (All when he was posing for pics with Maria Cahill too)

Hypocritical?

Is an apology enough? After all, Liam was left abusing kids for something like 13 more years? Anyhow, my point is really is that ok but lying isn't?

Interesting to bring up Mairia Cahill, not SF's finest moment but thanks for reminding us all on where they stand on raping kids.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mairia-cahill-mary-lou-mcdonald-2-4350885-Nov2018/

The Louise O'Keefe case was a matter of public policy as to where liability stood, afaik? The State wanted the liability to rest on the Church as the body running the individual schools day to day?

What welfare cheats are you on about?

Good question. Like the WMDs. There were none to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Its pure hyprocrisy,FF and FG have background in the same...its only a few weeks since ballyseedy massacre anniversary,ive relativez who were tortured and left for dead by blueshirts...as many again who were assulted and houses wreaked several times by the heavy gang during the troubles (and also during 50s and 60s)

Yet we are expected to fall in line and cheer on gaurds etc during this time of crisis??

Make no bones about it,ff and fg are as capable of standing over violence as sinn fein are....what did charlie flanagan call anyone who didnt support ric commerations,oh yeah sinister elements

I know people get confused over history......

But......

Ballyseedy massacre - 1923
    Army Comrades Association - founded 1932
    Fine Gael - founded 1933
    Fianna Fáil - founded 1926

......so you are blaming organisations for events that occurred before they existed......riiiiiiight.

I’d say Michael is circling the drain at this point

https://twitter.com/chezmik/status/1246581883653238785?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

What's your view on men who protect sex offenders?

Who don't go to the authorities when they hear of it in their own family?

Who are you referring to? the church, politicians, police, civil society. When children were being raped, abused, murdered in institutional settings many averted their eyes and said nothing. I suggest you be specific.

Is an apology enough? After all, Liam was left abusing kids for something like 13 more years? Anyhow, my point is really is that ok but lying isn't?

Interesting to bring up Mairia Cahill, not SF's finest moment but thanks for reminding us all on where they stand on raping kids.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mairia-cahill-mary-lou-mcdonald-2-4350885-Nov2018/

The Louise O'Keefe case was a matter of public policy as to where liability stood, afaik? The State wanted the liability to rest on the Church as the body running the individual schools day to day?

Jaysus...you are saying they are ok with 'raping kids'?

Louise O'Keefe was fought all the way to the European courts because it was decided that 'child protection' was not a priority.

End of. No handwaving away what it 'meant'.

Who are you referring to? the church, politicians, police, civil society. When children were being raped, abused, murdered in institutional settings many averted their eyes and said nothing. I suggest you be specific.

Let's not make it personal to Adams (shameful as his behaviour was), what do you think about the SF members who didn't co-operate with the PSNI investigation into Mairia Cahill's rape?

Jaysus...you are saying they are ok with 'raping kids'?

Louise O'Keefe was fought all the way to the European courts because it was decided that 'child protection' was not a priority.

End of. No handwaving away what it 'meant'.

SF members didn't co-operate with the investigation into raping a kid, so I guess they must be ok with it, why else wouldn't you co-operate into such a serious investigation?

SF members didn't co-operate with the investigation into raping a kid, so I guess they must be ok with it, why else wouldn't you co-operate into such a serious investigation?

5 people turned up at court to defend themselves in that case and never got the chance.

They were though found guilty by the media and other politicians.

Civil and human right are only available to some it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Ah....I found the Shinners!!!

According to the below news article they're demanding that the Dail sits, thus bringing all our politicians together for an orgy of cross-infection.

What a pack of ignorant Morons.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/we-are-risking-public-health-by-being-here-simon-harris-uneasy-about-dail-sitting-amid-covid-19-991752.html

Could they sit with social distancing?

Anyway can they sit before a government is formed?

SF formed 1969/70

Sean russel died 1940....hyprocrisy much?

Not according to SF's website.......
    The founding date of Sinn Féin is 28 November 1905. On that date the first Annual Convention of the National Council was held in the Rotunda, Dublin. The meeting began at 11am and among the over 100 delegates were Arthur Griffith, Edward Martyn, Thomas Martin, John Sweetman, Jenny Wyse-Power, Pádraig Mac Piarais, Máire de Buitleir, Patrick McCartan, Oliver St John Gogarty, Peadar Ó Cearnaigh, Seán T Ó Ceallaigh and William Cosgrave. Two of those delegates, Mac Piarias and Michael O'Hanrahan of Wexford, were among the executed leaders in 1916.

Although that website is a total mess of contradictions, confusion and fantasy so it's possible there's been some spillover from their economic policies into their history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Let's not make it personal to Adams (shameful as his behaviour was), what do you think about the SF members who didn't co-operate with the PSNI investigation into Mairia Cahill's rape?

I don't live in the north although I have family members that do, but I am aware that one section of the population interacted with the RUC/PSNI as little as possible I don't think it was just confined to SF members.

In today’s never mind Sinn Fein, no Catholics whatsoever spoke to authorities in the north and why that may be example #6364773647476

Jesus...

https://twitter.com/ciaranmacairt/status/1246780189973110786?s=21

https://twitter.com/ciaranmacairt/status/1246780192858701824?s=21

Doesn’t look like this is going to go the way anyone thinks

https://twitter.com/eamonocuiv/status/1246796263728844802?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

A guy on Twitter says SF invented Covid 19 to bring down the establishment.

Sounds as reliable as anything else from that source.

When you think about theu've everything to gain and nothing to lose.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Doesn’t look like this is going to go the way anyone thinks

https://twitter.com/eamonocuiv/status/1246796263728844802?s=21

Nice to see there is some integrity left and people are willing to stand up and be counted.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Nitrogan wrote: »
    A guy on Twitter says SF invented Covid 19 to bring down the establishment.

Sounds as reliable as anything else from that source.

When you think about theu've everything to gain and nothing to lose.:rolleyes:

Fine Gael invented 5G

Nice to see there is some integrity left and people are willing to stand up and be counted.

Every reliable and informed person in media is saying a unity government is the only way forward and we should have done it weeks ago. And the parties might learn from each other

If we don’t do that I don’t know what tf will happen

Fine Gael invented 5G

No doubt some of the mouth-breathers in SF believe that (probably the sames ones that are anti-vax)......

Sure doesn't Fine Gael and 5G share the same initials 😀😀😀😀😀

No doubt some of the mouth-breathers in SF believe that (probably the sames ones that are anti-vax)......

Sure doesn't Fine Gael and 5G share the same initials 😀😀😀😀😀

Yourself and one of the other FG fan bots don’t seem to understand humour. Not in your programming maybe.
    My favourite was my own. ‘5G wrote the final season of game of thrones’ conceited maybe but it was funny to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Every reliable and informed person in media is saying a unity government is the only way forward and we should have done it weeks ago. And the parties might learn from each other

Imagine the outrage if Sinn Fein were in charge and decided that every part time worker who was working part time for at least 3-4 hours a week before this outbreak was now entitled to 350 euro a week, no questions asked.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Imagine the outrage if Sinn Fein were in charge and decided that every part time worker who was working part time for at least 3-4 hours a week before this outbreak was now entitled to 350 euro a week, no questions asked.

I know. Leo softened that blow for his cult following by going off script with his ‘fvck poor people’ dig the other day.

But you raise a good point.

The finnerbots here and everywhere would be apoplectic

Yourself and one of the other FG fan bots don’t seem to understand humour. Not in your programming maybe.
    My favourite was my own. ‘5G wrote the final season of game of thrones’ conceited maybe but it was funny to be fair.

Not sure where you get that I'm an "FG fan bot" - just because I'm not willing to passively acquiesce in seeing my country handed over to a bunch of loons whose sole redeeming attribute is there usefulness as middle-idiots to an armed movement that tried to subvert the Constitution, that doesn't mean anything as regards FG or FF or anyone else.

But feel free to continue in your delusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The people had their say and that is what matters not "reliable and informed person in the media"
    The parties will go back to the Dail and try and form a government. Some will form part of a government and others wont. Welcome to democracy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement