Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

So people are complaining about Varadkar doing photo-ops, and now are complaining about him being nowhere to be seen?

Which is it lads?

If you don’t see he difference between appallingly timed photo ops and being seen to lead and informing and leveling with the country I can’t help you.

Fact is he can’t do that. He needs a script.

His fanboy letter to Kylie was more sincere and heartfelt than that handdryer impression speech he gave couple of weeks back but at least that was something. If he had sense he’d be doing one a week and at least be seen to be in touch with it and us. No doubt he’d get crap for it too but it would be something

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Runaways wrote: »
    If you don’t see he difference between appallingly timed photo ops and being seen to lead and informing and leveling with the country I can’t help you.

Fact is he can’t do that. He needs a script.

His fanboy letter to Kylie was more sincere and heartfelt than that handdryer impression speech he gave couple of weeks back but at least that was something. If he had sense he’d be doing one a week and at least be seen to be in touch with it and us. No doubt he’d get crap for it too but it would be something

So you are appalled by Varadkar being visible, being seen to be out connecting with frontline operations.......

.......but not appalled by McDinald's support for kangaroo courts and "decent" people who killed and maimed by the score?

In your view, this is not appalling?

2014-12-27_opi_5719424_I1.JPG

But this is......

508337.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 67,385 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So you are appalled by Varadkar being visible, being seen to be out connecting with frontline operations.......

.......but not appalled by McDinald's support for kangaroo courts and "decent" people who killed and maimed by the score?

Did you fall for the PR stunt of Simon Harris doing a presser with his shirt sleeves rolled up?
    He has gotten to the stage of playing the exhausted hero I am waiting for him to start mopping the sweat from his brow.

By the way, is anybody searching out what Leo believed 20 years ago and waving it around like it was still relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Take a few hours off Francie you sad ****

Ballso wrote: »

I'm in the garden...wish I could, but spring onions don't plant themselves.

What has you so vitriolic this AM..wrong side of the bed too?

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Ballso wrote: »

Mod: Personal abuse won't be tolerated. Don't post in the thread again.

Did you fall for the PR stunt of Simon Harris doing a presser with his shirt sleeves rolled up?
    He has gotten to the stage of playing the exhausted hero I am waiting for him to start mopping the sweat from his brow.

By the way, is anybody searching out what Leo believed 20 years ago and waving it around like it was still relevant?

No, but why don't you?

And you don't have to go back 20 years to find photos that are not appalling when it comes to SF

508342.png

Btw, it's less than 20 years since McDonald spoke alongside former IRA Chief of Staff Brian Keenan, at a ceremony eulogising the Second World War IRA Nazi sympathiser and Nazi collaborator, the then IRA Chief of Staff Sean Russell.

Keenan was behind the kidnap and subsequent murder of the Managing Director of Grundig in Belfast, Thomas Niedermayer. He was beaten to death, dumped in a shallow, and it was years before his body was found. His wife and two daughters subsequently committed suicide.

But in SF's view that's not appalling - but a photo op, even if it's ill timed and self-aggrandising, is????

And you wonder why no one wants to share power with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No, but why don't you?

And you don't have to go back 20 years to find photos that are not appalling when it comes to SF

image.jpg

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/former-priest-who-embezzled-63-000-running-for-fine-gael-1.3894893
    Former priest who embezzled £63,000 running for Fine Gael

Kildare local election candidate pleaded guilty to fraud charges in mid-1990s

Or are we being selective with the crimes here?
    That was without even really thinking.

There are a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Quick...look over there!

Suckit wrote: »

I'm unclear, was the priest a member of a political party and/or did they inflict bodily harm on anyone?

And yes, the criminal law is selective - this isn't kangaroo justice, the law treats crimes against property as completely different to crimes against people - because, most people would regard inflicting life-changing injuries, grevious harm, or death on someone as completely different to depriving someone of property.

If someone can't see the difference then maybe, yes, SF is definitely the party for them.

• Advertisement

I'm unclear, was the priest a member of a political party and/or did they inflict bodily harm on anyone?

And yes, the criminal law is selective - this isn't kangaroo justice, the law treats crimes against property as completely different to crimes against people - because, most people would regard inflicting life-changing injuries, grevious harm, or death on someone as completely different to depriving someone of property.

If someone can't see the difference then maybe, yes, SF is definitely the party for them.
    If somebody is using their political position/ power for personal gain, and ensuring dodgy underhanded deals are being passed through, then they should not be allowed to continue and contracts should have been voided.

But if you are all for corruption and party before the people, and can't see a problem with the government looking after their own and taking money for contracts then yes, FG is the party for you.

Photocall-6-DENIS-OBRIEN-00020307-390x285.jpg

No, but why don't you?

508342.png

Btw, it's less than 20 years since McDonald spoke alongside former IRA Chief of Staff Brian Keenan, at a ceremony eulogising the Second World War IRA Nazi sympathiser and Nazi collaborator, the then IRA Chief of Staff Sean Russell.

Keenan was behind the kidnap and subsequent murder of the Managing Director of Grundig in Belfast, Thomas Niedermayer. He was beaten to death, dumped in a shallow, and it was years before his body was found. His wife and two daughters subsequently committed suicide.

But in SF's view that's not appalling - but a photo op, even if it's ill timed and self-aggrandising, is????

And you wonder why no one wants to share power with you?

The war/conflict is over Sultan.

If you are going to be even handed in this, ANYONE who has taken part in a war is excluded from politics. Is that what you are saying?

How would this state ever have gotten started if that was the case?

And the Dowdall one is just shameful. How was MLMD to know when she stood for a photo what was going on in his life?

There are photos of certain politicians with Malcolm McArthur who savagely murdered a few people. NOBODY is digging them up in a pathetic attempt to implicate those politicians.

Grow up a bit here.

If somebody is using their political position/ power for personal gain, and ensuring dodgy underhanded deals are being passed through, then they should not be allowed to continue and contracts should have been voided.

But if you are all for corruption and party before the people, and can't see a problem with the government looking after their own and taking money for contracts then yes, FG is the party for you.

Photocall-6-DENIS-OBRIEN-00020307-390x285.jpg

Yeah, again if you can't see the difference between Lowry and O'Brien compared to Russell and Keenan, then SF are the party for you.......

If the choice is between corruption, shady business practices and stroke politics or collaboration with the Nazis, punishment beatings and waterboarding.......I'll take the former over the latter - it's not perfect, I may end up poorer than I otherwise might be but at least I don't have worry about getting sent to a concentration camp or being relieved of my kneecaps.

Yeah, again if you can't see the difference between Lowry and O'Brien compared to Russell and Keenan, then SF are the party for you.......

If the choice is between corruption, shady business practices and stroke politics or collaboration with the Nazis, punishment beatings and waterboarding.......I'll take the former over the latter - it's not perfect, I may end up poorer than I otherwise might be but at least I don't have worry about getting sent to a concentration camp or being relieved of my kneecaps.

Almost like a comedy post tbh.

Almost like a comedy post tbh.

Did McDonald not eulogise Russell?

Was Russell not actively collaborating with the Nazis?

Had the Nazis not identifiedm at Wannsee, that Ireland had a Jewish population of 4000?

If Russell had his way and was put in power by the Nazis do you really think we wouldn't have to pay an exacting price for that?

You might think Nazi collaboration, punishment beatings, shooting kids (as some kind of internal discipline measure), kangaroo courts, etc etc etc etc are funny, but not many outside SF do

WTF is that post, absolute nonsense, apart from basically admitting and agreeing that FG are corrupt an you're alright with that, then you continue surmising that SF are involved in the rest.

If you vote SF you'll likely end up in a concentration camp... :rolleyes: :D

Yet, it has been proven DOB gave money for contracts, and he is STILL getting them left, right and centre whenever FG are wielding power.
    No surmising there.

WTF is that post, absolute nonsense, apart from basically admitting and agreeing that FG are corrupt an you're alright with that, then you continue surmising that SF are involved in the rest.

If you vote SF you'll likely end up in a concentration camp... :rolleyes:

Yet, it has been proven DOB gave money for contracts, and he is STILL getting them left, right and centre whenever FG are weilding power.
    No surmising there.

Per the association between Russell and the Nazis.

And yes, I don't doubt there is corruption in politics and it needs to be rooted out - but if the choice is between people who fleece other people, and people who kill and maim, then yeah, it's not perfect but I'd prefer the crooks to the psychopaths,

FF had a nazi sympathizer in the dail until.the mid 60s and we need not even mention FG background here

Your right to critise SF in relation to this,just seems hypocritical not to point out actions of other parties here

There is a world of difference between a sympathiser and a collaborationist ;)

There is a world of difference between a sympathiser and a collaborationist ;)

Meh,pretty hard to justify sympathizing with the nazis upto the mid 60s,given what became known about what they were upto

But sure lookit FF are all things to all men i guess.

And yes, I don't doubt there is corruption in politics and it needs to be rooted out - but if the choice is between people who fleece other people, and people who kill and maim, then yeah, it's not perfect but I'd prefer the crooks to the psychopaths,
    You keep throwing around the beatings and murder as though you have some sort of proof that it is happening today. If you do, please share it with us, I for one would be more than happy to see it.

After all, if DOB is still doing deals and getting contracts while FG are in power, then that should be brought up every day.
    It is as if the Moriarty Tribunal did absolutely nothing except waste millions of taxpayers money and allow them to rinse and repeat the process. FG his 'pet party'.

If you have any proof that SF are dealing with criminals today, please share it or shut up with your nonsense.

• Advertisement

Denis o Brien calls the shots m. Fg dance to his tune. Somehow.

That’s a far more dangerous and serious matter than imaginary men in ballies

Meh,pretty hard to justify sympathizing with the nazis upto the mid 60s,given what became known about what they were upto

But sure lookit FF are all things to all men i guess

Agreed, but is not pretty hard to justify appearing on platform with Keenan or hosting a night for a "birdwatcher"

jimmonaghan-1.png?w=720

Meh,havnt seen anyone justifying this though?

Like i attended an commeration last year,where FG (along with FF and SF) members shared a platform with a dissident speaker (i live in an area,where divisions on this are slim to non-existant)

I wouldnt critise them,nor justify it,but everyone is entitled to have their views heard,even the dissidents??

Like FF critise SF,while holding commerations for wolf tone,every year,like FG critise SF and hold commerarions at beal na blaith every year,and SF critise dissidents

Irish politics is completly lined with bullsh1tters and hypocrites

(Your critising SF for criminal activitys,while FF and FG are preparing to reinclude lowry to make a government)

I'm not criticising SF for criminal activity, I'm criticising them for condoning and excusing violence against their fellow citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The war/conflict is over Sultan.

If you are going to be even handed in this, ANYONE who has taken part in a war is excluded from politics. Is that what you are saying?

How would this state ever have gotten started if that was the case?

And the Dowdall one is just shameful. How was MLMD to know when she stood for a photo what was going on in his life?

There are photos of certain politicians with Malcolm McArthur who savagely murdered a few people. NOBODY is digging them up in a pathetic attempt to implicate those politicians.

Grow up a bit here.
    She lives 2 minutes from him on the same road , she knows well who he is .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Its pure hyprocrisy,FF and FG have background in the same...its only a few weeks since ballyseedy massacre anniversary,ive relativez who were tortured and left for dead by blueshirts...as many again who were assulted and houses wreaked several times by the heavy gang during the troubles (and also during 50s and 60s)

Yet we are expected to fall in line and cheer on gaurds etc during this time of crisis??

Make no bones about it,ff and fg are as capable of standing over violence as sinn fein are....what did charlie flanagan call anyone who didnt support ric commerations,oh yeah sinister elements

Have you a spellcheck on your laptop?

Did McDonald not eulogise Russell?

Was Russell not actively collaborating with the Nazis?

Had the Nazis not identifiedm at Wannsee, that Ireland had a Jewish population of 4000?

If Russell had his way and was put in power by the Nazis do you really think we wouldn't have to pay an exacting price for that?

You might think Nazi collaboration, punishment beatings, shooting kids (as some kind of internal discipline measure), kangaroo courts, etc etc etc etc are funny, but not many outside SF do

Plenty of threads have debated the sensationalism around Russell. Ridiculous hindsight arguments around him. Find them...I am not going down that rabbit hole here.
    She lives 2 minutes from him on the same road , she knows well who he is .

Malcolm McArthur lived in the apartment of the AG...what is your point?
    There is a guy near here that killed his wife...I knew him, mixed with him, does that make me guilty of something? Are the members of the clubs/organisation he belonged to guilty by association?

Desperately seeking a whiff of sulphur is just that...desperate - not to mention pathetic.

Ah maybe it's just me but I can't find respect for a liar no matter the circumstances.

What's your view on men who protect sex offenders?

Who don't go to the authorities when they hear of it in their own family?

What's your view on men who protect sex offenders?

Who don't go to the authorities when they hear of it in their own family?

Ehhh FF and FG turned a blind eye to the plight of countless children and women since pretty much the foundation of the state. As well as enabling it.

Don’t go there.

Like the kennealys??

Or what of a political party,who would send family members of a prolific peadophile to canvass for votes off a victim,who they tried to bribe into silence?

And when said TD was critised for abusing people on social media,went on local radio and said russia interfered with their social media page??

Christ theres some morans in the dail

Glad she didn't get in. It's disgraceful.

But I asked the question to Plumbthedepths, since he views lying so, so seriously.

• Advertisement

Runaways wrote: »
    Ehhh FF and FG turned a blind eye to the plight of countless children and women since pretty much the foundation of the state. As well as enabling it.

Don’t go there.

This is part of the problem, we absolutely should "go there" as a country and examine these issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement